Samurai against knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai against knight

Who would win fight ,samurai or 15-century knight like this one?My bet is on knight.
    Samurai
    62.50%
    Medieval Knight
    37.50%

Samuria would nail him in the crotch with his Samuria sword;)

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
      Samuria would nail him in the crotch with his Samuria sword;)
      I guess in this Armour replica they forgot to put some kind of protection ,hey man but this armour looks just fantastic anyway.I have couple more pics. chek them out.

Comment

Basing this on a samurai being better trained with a sword, and faster than a knight who has the armor slowing him down and a more cumbersome weapon than a Katana.

Comment

1 against 1, the samuari. Openned battle, the knights.

Comment

A Katana will punch right through ancient plate armor.

It has a piercing tip unparralled for penetrating armor.

Comment

I thought Samurais used Samurai swords, not Katanas. I was under the impression that the Katana had a shorter blade and was of simpler design.

Comment

Katana is the proper name for 'samurai sword'.

The Katana is the long bladed sword, the Wakazushi is the shorter bladed sword.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                  Katana is the proper name for 'samurai sword'.

The Katana is the long bladed sword, the Wakazushi is the shorter bladed sword.
                  Oh Ok thanks.

Comment

Knights.

Comment

Personally, i say the Samurai would whoop the knights asses.

Here's why- the Crusades.

The heavy mounted Knights of Europe ran into tremendous difficulties against the unarmored Moors and their lightning fast sabres.

Against trained Samurai, who were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more skilled warriors than the Moors were.....ouch.

Comment

The Samuari were skilled at individual combat but were cut down like grass the first time the Mongols invaded their home islands. The second time, they fared better but could not stop them until the storm sunk the Mongol fleet.

Comment

The heavy mounted Knights of Europe ran into tremendous difficulties against the unarmored Moors and their lightning fast sabres.

Against trained Samurai, who were faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more skilled warriors than the Moors were.....ouch.
                          There are also variables i.e. shit happens that would be more likely to play into the samurai's hands.

Huge battle, Samurai that lose thier swords would be able to pick up and use Knight swords. Whereas the KNights don't know the biggest rule about fighting with a Katana if they lose thier swords. Always block with the side of it, not with the edge of the blade. A Katana is too thin to parry a sword strike that way.

Indoor fighting. Majority of Knights have thier one general purpose sword, samurai could tip the odds in their favor be having a Katana and a Wakizashi at thier disposal. Wakizashi being much easier to wield inside a Japanese or European castle than the most weapons the knights would use.

But how about Samurai vs Roman Legionares? The Romans got very close to invading the Norseman's home turf. And not quite so close to Japan.

Comment

But the crusadors were victorious!

Comment

Actually this type of armour is the 15-century made in Germany for combat ,and those were relativelly light and not cumbersome,only tournament armours were very heavy.Weight of this one I guess is no more than 15-20kg.But the most important thing ,are the ridges and fluting which makes the steel quite strong and does not have to be very thick like in Crusaders plate armour.
                              Notice one more thing ;all surfaces are rounded so even samuraii sword would have hard time to penetrate.

Comment

Working...
                              X