ak47 vs m16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ak47 vs m16

m16 jams and overheats too much, while you can take an ak47 and dip it in mud and throw it down a cliff and it will still fire.

AK's aren't shit for accuracy after the first shot. And try comparing a Kalishnakrap to the M-14.

Comment

Great. Another communist thread. I don't get why these guys love the Ak so much. I mean yea great you can dip it in mud and use it, but don't russians have anything better to do, like fight?

Comment

http://www.ak-47.us/AK-47vsM-16.htm

a tired, old topic already...They both have their advantages and dis-advantages. I guess it depends on the shooter.
        Last edited by Sinfulcurves_AK; 01 Jun 04,, 04:24.
        Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble

Comment

Well that site seems to say the M16 is supperior.

Comment

AKs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              AKs suck.
              not really, but I've heard this 181989X already, so it doesn't really matter -- For a better, advanced presentation of Kalashnikov, check out the AK-107/108

edit: nevermind, I'm sure ya know about that already -- Again, this topic is pretty old and tiring, leave it at that...
              Last edited by Sinfulcurves_AK; 01 Jun 04,, 12:32.
              Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble

Comment

"not really"

No, really.

Comment

Originally posted by aryan
                  Great. Another communist thread. I don't get why these guys love the Ak so much. I mean yea great you can dip it in mud and use it, but don't russians have anything better to do, like fight?
                  A pretty cocky comment, eh? AKs have seen a LOT more action then any other firearm in the world history, and they never betrayed their owners, unlike most others. And "commies" have never stood down from a fight. And a real fight at that, not that picture perfect scenareos with weekend-camping type of accomodations, and endless "order-by-phone" ressuplies.
                  Like I said before, AK is almost a 60 (!!!) year old veteran that is still very very competent compared to the newbies and keeps proving itself in every single conflict every day. Starting with WW2 it has allready been proven that in modern warfare accuracy beyond 150-200 meters falls behind importance in behind reliability, and in a large scale war behind its cost and time to produce. If you need accurate automatic fire at distances of several hundred meters you use your squad machine gun, if you need even more accuracy beyond that you have your squad snipers. Spend a few weeks in the rubble of cities, sand, and dirt. with no reinforcements, and no time to dust off your weapon after every magazine and you will see AK's advantage. One clear dissadvantage of M-16 series is that the gases from the barrel directly enter the locking mechanism of the chamber, so residue must always be kept at a minimum. Drag your M-16 in sand or mud and you better find time to clean it out in the middle of a fight.

Current Russian weapon is AN-94, however due to horrible financial situation in Russian military it cannot fully replace the AKs in service. But if you want to compare current weapons use it, and we'll see how all other weapons measure up to the AN.

P.S I dont see how some other members on this board can trash countries that produced such fine weapons while their own country of origin has not invented as much as its own muzzle loader.
                  Last edited by berkut; 01 Jun 04,, 18:44.

Comment

If they've never 'betrayed' their owners please explain why so many AK users seem to find themselves dead when they face opponents with M-16s?

The AK fires everytime you pull the trigger, that's about all that can be said for it.

Comment

"P.S I dont see how some other members on this board can trash countries that produced such fine weapons while their own country of origin has not invented as much as its own muzzle loader."

You didn't just call the AK a 'fine weapon' did you?

LOL

What countries are you referring to?

Comment

If they've never 'betrayed' their owners please explain why so many AK users seem to find themselves dead when they face opponents with M-16s?

The AK fires everytime you pull the trigger, that's about all that can be said for it.

Hm, may be because even if you give a horde of cracked out monkeys that just got off the palm tree a plasma rifle they will loose against a civilized trained person armed with a nagant.
                        Also for those better trained and well disciplined primates it is hard to win when your enemy has advantages of air and aritllery support, mechanized armor, high precision weapons, personal armor, and other nice advantages of modern technology.

Comment

Berkut, if you look at the world's commando forces you will note that the AK is very, very far down on the list of preferred weaponry.

That really ought to tell you something bro.

Comment

Berkut, if you look at the world's commando forces you will note that the AK is very, very far down on the list of preferred weaponry.

That really ought to tell you something bro.
                            Given. M-16 is not the special forces choice either. Those that do use M-16 shorty have no more accuracy with the halved barrel the AK. AK was not designed as a special forces weapon, Russian special forces generally do not the general AK either.

Comment

The M-4 is pretty widely used by the worlds commandos(up to and including all US commandos and the legendary British SAS).

An M-4 has almost twice the effective range of an AK-47, btw.

I still prefer the M-14 over the M-16A2 anyway. The M-21 and M-25 are even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X