Changes to Advertisements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
    The US government would, obviously. But the NK government might not, they'd have to make a rare exception for a Yankee imperialist invader like yourself.
    I just did some checking. Apparently it's legal for U.S. citizens to travel to North Korea, but you'll need a North Korean visa, and likely a Chinese visa as well (since you'll be probably be entered the DPRK through the PRC).

In short, it seems like a colossal hassle, even with a specialized travel agency.

As for the DPRK's attitude towards imperialist running dogs (I love being a running dog! )such as myself, here is the State Department's take:

The DPRK has recently attempted to attract foreign tourists as a means of earning much needed foreign currency, but an underdeveloped service sector, inadequate infrastructure, and political tensions with surrounding countries have stymied these efforts. North Korea’s efforts to expand tourism have focused primarily on group tours from China and South Korea to the Mount Kumgang tourist area.
    Still and all, it's at least possible.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by srirangan View Post
      Isn't that illegal? Unnatural clicks. The folks at Google don't like them and you could get Chris in trouble.
      Illegal clicks? I dont think so. But then again, I don't work for Google. There was a thread months back about the clicking (but I don't have the drive to search for it right now).
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

The best way to make money for the site is by downloading google pack software thats listed on the top. Even if you install it once, keep on downloading, you can always delete it. This is the easiest legal way of doing it, ofcourse assuming that google does not differentiate who downloads the software how many times.
        A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal View Post
          Illegal clicks? I dont think so. But then again, I don't work for Google. There was a thread months back about the clicking (but I don't have the drive to search for it right now).
          I'm pretty sure asking people to click on your Google ads isn't considered very nice by the folks at Adsense. To make WAB profitabe Chris will have to work a bit smarter, putting Google Ads and then running away ain't the best way. :)
          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

This is the easiest legal way of doing it, ofcourse assuming that google does not differentiate who downloads the software how many times.
            Ofcourse they do. This is Google we are talking about.

If you religiously click on 1 ad a day on WAB for about 30-45 days, Google will get a pretty clear idea that something is not right on the type of clicks generated from WAB. Nobody goes to a site only to click ads, you can do it for 15-20 days but doing it for more than a month without fail is a trigger that gives it away.

WAB is an excellent forum, it can make money (a lot of) by just some smart monetizing/marketing. It doesn't need to resort to click fraud.
            Last edited by Srirangan; 26 Oct 06,, 04:53.
            I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

I agree with Sri. I suggest the mods to delete this thread. I remember Google sued some body for Adsense fraud (some one who employed some housewives in India to keep clicking on the ads).
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                I also saw one advertising holidays to North Korea.
                I have a few pics of north korea taken by a russian tourist/journalist..ill post them later :)

Comment

Working...
                X