Most Common US law enforcement gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Common US law enforcement gun?

What is the most common gun used by US law enforcement agencies? All agencies in my area use the Glock (except possibly the NY State Police, rarely see them in urban areas, even on the state parkways).

Probably the Glock, followed by the third gen smith autos and sig sauer autos.

I still hold that the best cop gun ever was the .357 magnum.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

I remember the old Colt Police postive (revolver), But yes most likely the Glock would be standard issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_eye
        I remember the old Colt Police postive (revolver), But yes most likely the Glock would be standard issue...
        Was the Colt Police Positive also known was the .38? I saw an episode of Cops once (the cars looked kinda old, early 90's FCV's) that was filmed with the Pittsburgh (PA) Police Bureau and the 2 officers had the .38 revolver.

Comment

I think the Police positive was a .38.

Comment

Last I heard (a couple of years ago) Glock had about 60% of the market.

The Police Positive is a .38 Spl. Same frame as the Detective Special, IIRC.
            "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." - Emiliano Zapata

Comment

the police down in coppel use glocks, but it doesnt matter cause im pretty sure they dont know how to turn the safety off. honestly the cops in my town are worthless.
              "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

The Glock has no manual saftie.

Comment

hahahahah.

Comment

Most of the cops I've seen use glocks, but I've seen some with what looked like .45's
                    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by griftadan
                      the police down in coppel use glocks, but it doesnt matter cause im pretty sure they dont know how to turn the safety off. honestly the cops in my town are worthless.
                      You think your cops are worthless, listen to this. Suffolk County residents pay $998 a year to the Suffolk County Police and about $600 to the Suffolk County Sheriff, regardless if the County Police is their primary agency (some towns and villages have their own police, they also pay taxes to them as well) and we only have 2 -4 guys in 2 cars per shift, yeah one guy in a hamlet of 35,000 residents and 6.25 square miles. Out of maybe 400 County Police officers on duty at any given moment they can only assign 2 officers, where as the village and town forces can have as many as dozen officers on duty per shift. Its insane. The Suffolk County Police is the laziest law enforcement agency on Earth, they are also the highest paid on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

I agree Snipe, I wish I would have had my S & W 686 357 MAG instead of the PARA
                        I had with the safetys that like to got me killed APRIL 1st 04 this year at aprox 8:50 in the morning a egghead snuck up to my truck parked in my front yard with me and my 11 year old son and my wife in the drivers seat and pointed a 12 gauge shotgun at my little boy so i leaned over to draw him to me insted of my son and he pointed the gun at my head aprox 9 inches from me so i did one of them I 'm going to die anyway moves and reached down on the floor and grabed my para 45 and VERY QUICKLY pointed it at his chest and pulled the trigger but thanks to the safety I lost that split second edge so he shot me the 1st time aprox 9 inches from me using OO BUCKSHOT my wife floored the truck backwards about 25 feet and had to stop because she was heading for the ditch I droped the gun because the first shot blew a hole you could pass a baseball through in my right arm and chest but i manage to pick the gun up again to fight him before the 2nd shot and put the gun between his eyes again the gun didn't go off It couldn't the safety was on DUH and no matter how much i shot at the range I wasn't prepared for the close combat ambush so he pointed the shotgun between my eyes and his went off for the 2nd time thank god for 21 -22 inch arms it blew a hole threw and went through my face then I turned to look at him and quickly turned away he shot me at aprox 6 feet and 3rd shot approx 8 feet .If i had a choice of weapons while starring at the barrel of a 12 gauge again at point blank range I would chose the revolver either the 686 S & W 357 MAG or the S & W 629 44 MAG
                        just to make sure hes gone. pictures are available to show what a 12 gauge can do using OO Buckshot its not pretty , ITS JUST GOD THAT I AND MY FAMILY ARE HERE .BTW the guy threatened me and my family days before so i have the local law do a NCIC on him to see if he had any violent past to be worried about the LAW OFFICER called back and said he was perfectly harmless and that his record was clean reading off the NCIC report YEH OK after he shot me my wife called city hall and the girls that worked there asked did yall get a background check on him because OFFICER ......... did a NCIC its right here in front of me and this guy has been covicted of murder my wife said we had they background done to find out if our family should leave until he was evicted but the officer said he was harmless and that me and my family has nothing to worry about. sorry for the long post got fired up thinking about it.

Comment

Most cops in my area(s) (California, and now Florida) both use the generic 9mm pistol, perfect for absolutly nothing. I have also seen some with the OPTION attached, as well as some dragon flame (if im correct) and tazers. I have seen none with less-than-lethal rifles supposed to be ussed soon.
                          ~The only time evil men succed is if good men do nothing

'I made an airplane out of stone. I always did like stayin home'-Shel Silverstein, Falling Up

Why are you here?! Because of you my country is in ruins! -Man, Bejing, Famous picure of him standing in front of a line of tanks.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RIGHT WING CONSPIRICY!

Comment

I know that all of New England uses the Beretta 9mm.

Comment

Glad you made it through OK Pitbull.

Comment

Working...
                              X