Web site says American captive beheaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
    Having a Want-To-Know does not entitle you to have a Need-To-Know. In general terms, there are things the interrogators want to know. The subjectees did not have that knowlege and thus were released. Revealling what the interrogators suspected the subjectees knew would alert the enemy just how close or how far we are away from them.
    Indeed, but of those that have been released they are subsequently not charged with anything. I can understand that the interrogations can extract useful if indirect infromation from those who ere, perhaps, only hauling water. But, i am conscious that similar things are happening in civvie street at the moment.
    at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth
      But, i am conscious that similar things are happening in civvie street at the moment.
      If the enemy hides and fights amongst civilians, then the civilians around them are going to be taken as well. The same thing happens here in the States when a criminal is captured, the people with him are arrested as well, accessories or harboing a fugitive are common charges. Same as when an Israeli gunship takes out a terrorist, the people around said terrorist know who he is, they are accessories, or just plain stupid.
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
        If the enemy hides and fights amongst civilians, then the civilians around them are going to be taken as well. The same thing happens here in the States when a criminal is captured, the people with him are arrested as well, accessories or harboing a fugitive are common charges. Same as when an Israeli gunship takes out a terrorist, the people around said terrorist know who he is, they are accessories, or just plain stupid.
        In UK civilian life, there are limits to how long people can be detained without charge. That is except under the Terrorism Act 2000. Between 9/11 and end of March 2004 561 people had been detained under the act. Of which 6 have been convicted.

Last month it was revealed that 8 people have been detained since December 2001 without charge.

Which is similar to how the "unlawful cambatants" are being handled. My point is lets get these people processed and charged.
        at

Comment

My point is lets get these people processed and charged.
          They can make up a charge if you'd like, but they aren't going to let them go until they're sure they're done with them.
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Thats fine. Making up a charge should get sorted out during whatever system of justice they end up answering too.

There are no trials coming out of it which is the bit that concerns me. Any information those people have is becoming less current by the day. If they hope to track Bin Laden down through such information, it has to be obtained quickly. The AQ cells also have to be tackled quickly.
            at

Comment

Thats fine.
              Ok, lets call it accessory to terrorism, and when all of the rest of the terrorists are captured or killed we'll have a series of trials. Until then, if you're around terrorists turn them in for protection, or join them in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                Ok, lets call it accessory to terrorism, and when all of the rest of the terrorists are captured or killed we'll have a series of trials. Until then, if you're around terrorists turn them in for protection, or join them in prison.
                Thats exactally (sp) my position :)

Comment

Trooth,

There is due process. Just because you don't see it does not mean it was not followed. The UCMJ has been adhered to without question.

Comment

Working...
                  X