WAB Wayback 10/06/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    A success story. Somebody had the original idea, and somehow got the framework right, so that the right people were attracted and the chemistry evolved from there. Many other fora, for one reason or another become moribund. I cannot see WAB suffering the same fate. Three cheers for all of us! including the occasional troll.
    This board had a large core of excellent posters and mods from day one.
    I know, i personally invited a lot of them here myself. Some from my board, some from David Newton's board, a few from Warships1, and some from WakiPak.

Other than that Ironman and Gio were both instrumental in building a good core group of posters(when both used to post here frequently).

And now look what we've created.
    Last edited by Bill; 15 Oct 06,, 19:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
      I recall my initial visit then and made my first enemy in my first post with none other than M21Sniper. After counseling, and finding some common ground, I feel it is safe to say we now have a strong "love-hate" relationship.
      I dont hate you at all, just your party affiliation.

LOL....i do remember how much you played 'hard to get' when i was trying to lure you into a IM convo though. LOL...

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      I too had the first scrap with Sniper. :)

But we are on the same side now! ;)
      Hmmm, i dont really remember that. I guess it happened, but hey bro, glad we're comrades now, regardless. :)

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
      errrr....ummmph! But we made up and it's all good now!:)

"Never let yesterday's cloud cast a shadow on today's sunshine" - my old man.
      Well you did sorta come in with both guns blazing bro. You were a defensive draw-down on my part. ;)

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      And he was a Mod!

And I survived!

Speaks a lot for the tolerance level of WAB!
      Heh, not WAB bro, just me. I banned who i wanted when i wanted when i was a mod here.
      I would never ban an intelligent and well respected poster though, even if i disagreed with him.(got a few of them at my board i havnt banned either, i assure you, lol).

Intelligent discord is good for the messge board bidness you see.

What i banned were trolls. LOTS of them. I wonder if my record even still stands. I banned a LOT of trolls when i was a mod here, lolol.
      Last edited by Bill; 15 Oct 06,, 19:44.

Comment

I just checked the names of the posters because of Julie's post above.

It flooded me with nostalgia.

I find myself on both the boards, but what floods me with great memories and then makes me sad is that some of the posters are no longer posting. And they were great posters indeed!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Sir,

The amazing thing is that I don't think you had any intentions of staying. You just came here to shut up a dumb Canuckian who didn't know any better ... and in the process riled up everyone on this board. Even Bigross introduced you to the dancing banana in order to try to calm things down.

It's funny how things turn out sometimes.

Comment

......and im just a n00b. :-\

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
              a few from Warships1
              My first message board experience...that's where I met RustyBattleship and RAL'sPal?

Seems like a million years ago

What i banned were trolls. LOTS of them. I wonder if my record even still stands. I banned a LOT of trolls when i was a mod here, lolol.
              Those boys were some of the classics...
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                Sir,

The amazing thing is that I don't think you had any intentions of staying. You just came here to shut up a dumb Canuckian who didn't know any better ... and in the process riled up everyone on this board. Even Bigross introduced you to the dancing banana in order to try to calm things down.

It's funny how things turn out sometimes.

That's right.

The dancing bannanas.

We don't have them any more!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I dont hate you at all, just your party affiliation.

LOL....i do remember how much you played 'hard to get' when i was trying to lure you into a IM convo though. LOL..
                  I don't hate you either. :)

Comment

It is better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for someone you are not

You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul. :)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

LOL, I was beginning to feel like an oldy on this board, but in fact I'm still a relative newcomer
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Total number of forum sections:

3 years ago: 14
                        2 years ago: 17
                        Today: 23

Seems we've been growing by exactly 3 sections per year since the forum was founded.
                        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                        X