If Germany had won WWI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Germany had won WWI

A map made by me, based upon Russian cessions in the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, and German, Austro-Hungarian, and Ottoman aspirations in Europe.
    Attached Files
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Updated map.
    Attached Files
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The map does not worry me.

What interest me is that would there be Israel- Palestinian problem?

I fact, given all the infirmities of today's world, yet it is very uncomfortable a feeling since WW II or not, the Germans, who were well behind in the race for colonialism and yet a very potent race, would not have accepted the intrnational situation as a status quo situation.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The map does not worry me.

What interest me is that would there be Israel- Palestinian problem?

In fact, given all the infirmities of today's world, yet it is very uncomfortable a feeling since WW II or not, the Germans, who were well behind in the race for colonialism and yet a very potent race, would not have accepted the international situation as a status quo situation.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Wow! Thats a pretty good and probable map of what would have happened.

Comment

what interests me is to see a world map, and to see what territories germany won from britain and france.
            "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

I think there would have been an Israeli state eventually, even though WWII would never have happened.

Hitler roes to power because of the German people's unsatisfaction with the current regime, the economic failure and meltdown, and the loss of WWI. If Germany won WWI, then the Jews would not have een seen in such an unfavorable light, Hitler would never have risen to power, and the Zionist movement was already gathering steam in the Post-WWI days. Granted, the state might have come in the 1950-60's instead of 1948, but Israel would have a lot more international support aside from the US, UK and France. Plus, the Arabs would not have been such an issue, because the Soviet Revolution would also be affected by the German victory, and they would not have become a superpower, by extension not supplying the Arab nations with cheap weaopnry.
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

One thing your maps don't include are colonies. If Germany forced France and Britain to give up their colonies, just like Germany was forced to when they lost, it would have massive implications.

Indochina, would have either become independent, or become German colonies. The same goes for South Asia.

Comment

Dont you think though if the UK and France had to give up all their colonies, plus Italy and Germany did take them dont you think that Germany and maybe the Austro Hungarian Empire would have fallen because of overstretched supply lines and thin troops? Also too, where does, in your map, Corsica belong to?
                  Last edited by stratadmir; 28 Feb 05,, 01:47.
                  The conquerer mourns, the conquerer is undone.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryan
                    One thing your maps don't include are colonies. If Germany forced France and Britain to give up their colonies, just like Germany was forced to when they lost, it would have massive implications.

Indochina, would have either become independent, or become German colonies. The same goes for South Asia.
                    I doubt that Germany could have made Britain give up much in the line of anything, nor would they have tried. After the Great War would have ended, Germany would still have been psychologically incapable of facing Britain in the North Sea (much as they were all the way through the war), and Germany didn't want the dismemberment of the British Empire anyways (they certainly couldn't replace it, and they had been attempting to form alliances with England as late as 1904). Instead, a negotiated peace would have given Germany substantial concessions from France (whose homeland they could occupy), and a very multi-polar world would have developed (Britain, Germany, the United States, Japan, and perhaps Russia depending on how the civil war turned out).

The Austro-Hungarian Empire was doomed, and the only way it could have lasted for very long would be with substantial German support. Even then, it's survival would have been entirely at the sufferance of the German Empire.

Comment

Help, I need information on Dieepe. I am reading a book about the Rangers in
                      WW2. They said there were churchill tanks on the beaches does anyone know where i can find information on how many and where they were? I am making a highly detailed map of the raid i can use this information. It is turning out great. I already did one for D-day which turned out very well.

Your time is appreciated

Comment

http://www.combinedops.com/Dieppe.htm

Comment

The outcome would depend on when / how the Germans won. For example, do they win in 1914 or 1918? Is it a 'compromise' peace that leaves Germany with eastern annexations but not in complete control of the west? Or do we assume that France collapsed completely? The Germans would also have annexed the Ukraine - Bulgaria would have taken the southern part of Serbia (Macedonia). Hard to see the Germans taking much overseas, unless you're assuming some sort of decisive German win at a 'Jutland' like naval battle. Of course the Turks hold onto the Middle East, with German support. Clearly leaves Germany a dominant world power. I agree with previous comments about Austria - it becomes more and more a puppet state of Germany as they are more and more dependent on Germany.

Comment

Ironduke already explained that it was based on the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and the German advancement into Belgium. Looking at the map France seems to have not been crushed, although they failed to get Alsace and Loraine back from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                              Ironduke already explained that it was based on the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk and the German advancement into Belgium. Looking at the map France seems to have not been crushed, although they failed to get Alsace and Loraine back from Germany.
                              It does say that the map is based on the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, but I didn't see anything about the particular circumstances of Germany's victory. So, they crush the French in 1914, sign a peace treaty with France more or less without annexation to free up forces to shift to the Russian front and force a 'Treaty of Brest-Litovsk' in 1915. That's rather different from a historical war up until 1917 and then a stalemate on the Western front for instance.

Comment

Working...
                              X