No announcement yet.

"Anti-Stealth" Radars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is the conclusion??Stealth is useless??
    "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEMUN
      So what is the conclusion??Stealth is useless??
      No Stealth is not useless. the Stealth hunting systems Will still be less likely too be found on the field than there older counterparts. Each generation of Stealth has become more and more stealthy alterations in structure and materiel have turned stealth air craft from some thing that look like a oversized paper air plane in too a F 15 Look alike with smaller and smaller Radar cross sections, and if needed there is still the possibility of Wild Weasel systems hunting them down and turning them in too craters.
      Stealth elements have been found on Navy ships and will probably be found on the next generation of Armored ground vehicles.

Comment

yes, Terran, isn't the future stealth tank to be named, the Gerard?

but it will be deadly expensive, something like $2.3 million per Abrams, and something like $5.4 milion per Gerard, they will only buy some 400 of these tanks, let me try to find the article

well, i can't find it, it was a really good site, gives information and everything, you guys try to find it
        for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Garry
          ok if love repetitions......

On march 26th, 1999 yugs occasionally turned on radar of BUK system in the night and DETECTED aircraft, which they knocked down with old missle produced back in 1979. By the end of the next day Russian experts evacuated most of the remains of the wreckage and americans destroyed the rest. Operators of the BUK were interviewed. Period

some people really need to believe in things.... I remember last time I felt so stupid that I could not prove to one american guy that EU really have larger population than US!!! No more.

Lets put it this way. I can't give you evidence, and nobody can (even US millitary never tell how they actually lost the bird!). But I have no doubt in my sources. If you doubt make your onw research.... I can give you hint - I also remember there were some info about investigation leaked from Col.Gen Sitnov back in 1999.... go and search for this as well. Also in mid 1999 somebody wrogly stated that it was hit by SA-10 (yug don't have them and it was 9M BUK). So take my words or move on
          First I am new to forum.

BTW, one no. of F117 shoot down, big deal.

Sorry you forgot that the total numbers of victories, success in ground attacks, nos. of vital targets got destroyed by F-117s to measured the success or not of Stealthy technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Ferrari
            First I am new to forum.

BTW, one no. of F117 shoot down, big deal.

Sorry you forgot that the total numbers of victories, success in ground attacks, nos. of vital targets got destroyed by F-117s to measured the success or not of Stealthy technologies.
            the point is F117 is not immune. it also can fall prey .

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
              the point is F117 is not immune. it also can fall prey .

Stealth is not a Romulan cloak...But it can be used to advantage,just like every tool...
              "They want to test our feelings.They want to know whether Muslims are extremists or not. Death to them and their newspapers."

Protester

Comment

"yes it is true that Soviets developed every thing counter to the american planes."

Such as the SR-71?

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86
                  I read a book once where the bad guys came up with the idea of synchronizing three radars, one main and two airborne ones as slaves, in order to collect the radar signals scattered by the Stealth's shape. Is this feasible or not?
                  It's called a bistatic search system IIRC.

This whole "Hey a Stealth got shot down!!" excitement is rather silly.
                  As was already pointed out, no aircraft is invincible. But let's see what happens to conventional aircraft that try to do what the F-117 and B-2 have been doing since 1991? They would lose more than 1 aircraft I daresay.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

then again, i'm not sure if you've heard of the reports about the 3 B-2A's downed, and i think it was somewhere around 7-11 F-117's downed in Yugoslavia, but then again, you guys will just disregard this, but i don't care, just wanted to point it out
                    for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Dima, stfu with the stupid propaganda. ONE F-117 was shot down, and NO B-2's have been shot down. Congress would have had a fit, and there is no way to hide that sort of thing in the US. WE KNOW WHERE OUR PLANES ARE.

Only about a thousand people have told you this already, what's your problem? The US is NOT the USSR, get it?
                      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
                        then again, i'm not sure if you've heard of the reports about the 3 B-2A's downed, and i think it was somewhere around 7-11 F-117's downed in Yugoslavia, but then again, you guys will just disregard this, but i don't care, just wanted to point it out
                        Oh god please tell me this guy has at least 1 hand on reality....
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Stealth is not a Romulan cloak...But it can be used to advantage,just like every tool...
                          if u have seen the discovery documentary on F117 /F22 u would realize the way they protray the machines to be invisible and indetructible.

Comment

if u have seen the discovery documentary on F117 /F22 u would realize the way they protray the machines to be invisible and indetructible.
                            they do blow it a tad out bof proportion but it is still a very powerful capability unique to the USAF.

Comment

Journalists..Bah!What do they know about military matters?? Those people live in a world of their own. But we know better,don't we?? :)

Protester

Comment

Journalists..Bah!What do they know about military matters?? Those people live in a world of their own. But we know better,don't we?? :)
                                Damn right we do. I can't get through a program on Discovery Military or History Channel without emitting sharp barks of laughter.
                                My roommate placates me with large amounts of dog bones....

Comment

Working...
                                X