Iran's Proxy War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran's Proxy War

I am thinking this whole militia and it's leader are just puppets of the Iranian Government waging a Proxy war against the United states. The US Government continues to ignore our main enemies in the war on terror (Iran and Saudia Arabia) and we attack the smaller enemies such as Iraq and Afghanistan.

We need to wage an all out war against Iran and destroy the philosophy of Militant Islam. Iran is the perfect place to begin the real war on terror as there is a large portion of the Iranian populace that would support us and our ideas and not just support us because they view it as pragmatic.

true, the after war would be easier, but the war itself would be a lot harder. The Iranians are much better equipped and supplied than Iraq. And for all we know, theyve got nukes, although probably not. And on second thought, the after war wouldnt be fun either, because Irans standard of living would go down very very sharply before going up. In Iraq, things couldnt get much worse. Iran's standard of living is much higher.

I agree, they are a much more important enemy than Iraq was, but at the same time Im not sure the US has the forces right now to launch an invasion.

Comment

We need to bring a few more full Divisions and a MEF into Iraq and Afghanistan and launch an all out attack. Before this we should engage in a month long air bombardment like in the first Gulf War. Hell we should call up ALL reserves(Including Marine Corps Reserve) so we can switch these forces out after the main fighting is over, to give them a break. They should also expand our active and reserve army forces by 4 divisions.

I'm afraid the Democrats and Republicans are to worried about pissing our money a way in social programs then actually using that money for something in our interest.
      Last edited by Praxus; 07 Apr 04,, 23:38.

Comment

I have to agree with Boxcar, we dont have the forces at the moment. Were reaching breaking point as it is, we would have to mobalize the whole Guard and the Reserves to do an invasion of Iran. Then they would really think were at war with Islam and wed probably ending up fighting alot of Muslim nations. Lets either wait a few years till we stablize Iraq or hopefully the people will get rid of the Mullahs before then.

Comment

Yah and during WW2, they said, lets not invade Italy yet, we would have to call up all our reserves!

Comment

but we were at war with Italy and Germany. Despite the Islamic Republic of Iran being our enemy, we are not at war with them...yet. The urgency is not the same. We should start preping for a war with them, but we arent ready to launch it.

Comment

But we are at war with Iran, why can't anyone see this. They have attacked us so many times we can't even count them anymore. The war is on and we refuse to fight the enemy!

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                But we are at war with Iran, why can't anyone see this. They have attacked us so many times we can't even count them anymore. The war is on and we refuse to fight the enemy!
                The USN has already fought and won the Tanker War.

Comment

I would hardly call that a war. I am talking about an all out no holds bar war against Iran.

Comment

Do you know how much soldiers dread the word "occupation?"

Comment

It's quite simple we destroy their military, wmd sites, and terrorist sites. Then we institute a Government based on the American constitution and we ban Islam from the entire Government. No weapon/tactics/stratedgy should be ruled out for moral reasons. This is in essence how you fight a just war.

Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples of how we should not fight the war and rebuild the Government.

We are continuing to sacrifice American soldiers to save a few so called innocents we did all through out the war. How can we hope to succeed in Iraq when the interim Government is riddled with our enemies. Hell there are many pyscos that want to turn Iraq into Theocracy. Instead of appointing members according to their beliefs in Liberty we are appointing these idiots to appease all the varius ethnic groups.
                      Last edited by Praxus; 11 Apr 04,, 18:05.

Comment

Praxus is right, look at Sadr, we should have just reinstalled the former monarchy in Afghanistan and Iraq

Comment

We need to gain the moral courage to feel right about forcing our way of Government on them and then do it. However, having a Monarchy friendly to US is a lot better then what could possibley come out of this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                            It's quite simple we destroy their military, wmd sites, and terrorist sites. Then we institute a Government based on the American constitution and we ban Islam from the entire Government. No weapon/tactics/stratedgy should be ruled out for moral reasons. This is in essence how you fight a just war.

Iraq and Afghanistan are perfect examples of how we should not fight the war and rebuild the Government.

We are continuing to sacrifice American soldiers to save a few so called innocents we did all through out the war. How can we hope to succeed in Iraq when the interim Government is riddled with our enemies. Hell there are many pyscos that want to turn Iraq into Theocracy. Instead of appointing members according to their beliefs in Liberty we are appointing these idiots to appease all the varius ethnic groups.
                            Praxus,

I am not against what the US is doing. It is their foreign policy and strategic requirment to do what they are doing. However, your logic is wrong.

You want govts to be installed as per the American Constitution. What makes you think other would think it is a good idea? Imagine if the USSR was in the psotion of US today or the Allies lost WWII, how would you like to work and live under a Communist way of life or Hitlers way of life?

Therefore, stop a wee bit and think rationally.

Let me assure you that folks like you piss off everyone inclduing those who like the US. Be a friend of the US and stop acting Holier than Thou or Jesus Christ in a Secong Coming!

Thank You.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I am not against what the US is doing. It is their foreign policy and strategic requirment to do what they are doing. However, your logic is wrong.

You want govts to be installed as per the American Constitution. What makes you think other would think it is a good idea? Imagine if the USSR was in the psotion of US today or the Allies lost WWII, how would you like to work and live under a Communist way of life or Hitlers way of life?
                              Ad Populum <---- Look it up

Let me assure you that folks like you piss off everyone inclduing those who like the US. Be a friend of the US and stop acting Holier than Thou or Jesus Christ in a Secong Coming!

So you think that if we installed a government that protects peoples rights, that somehow it would make it ok for Communist nations to install communist regimes in other Countries?

So we should sacrifice our values and our self-interest because it might cause a communist nation to do something they would do anyways or might make is look bad!?

Our problem is not that we are asserting ourselves to much but we are asserting ourselves to little. We have turned ourselves into a paper tiger to be feared by no one.

Your working under the logic that there is no reality seperate from man's consciousness, that right and wrong are determined from perception, from the point of view.

Last edited by Praxus; 11 Apr 04,, 20:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X