Anyone else excited about this movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else excited about this movie?

I'm talking about the movie "300" which is about the Battle of Thermopylae. Here is the trailer. It looks freaking awesome!

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2773266
    Last edited by Semper Fi; 22 Sep 06,, 17:26.

Well at least they aint naked in the movie!! I thought going into combat with the teenyweeny bits exposed must take some extra lunacy, like Miller shows in the comic. :D
    Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

There's already a thread about this in the history section.

Also, there are THREE versions of the famous battle in the works. One a remake by 20th century fox, and the other a Michael Mann/George Clooney Venture called "Gates of Fire".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9QQ-iBKtI
      trailer for "300."
      Last edited by Bill; 22 Sep 06,, 16:44.

Comment

Promising ...

Well, now the unfortunate, and purely reflex, battle in my own "choke point" has run its sticky course, I must say that the trailer looks fantastic - and seems to do Corinth some jusice.

Mind you that did not stop the LA Machine reducing the Trojan War to a matter of weeks. With no gods. Hurumpf.

I'll pay my £8 to see it whatever.

By the way, does it have ****? I mean, not those "National Geographic" types.

Nice perky falsies. In the Helenic tradition. Perhaps. I really have not thought this through.

And another thing. I've seen "Alexander" let me tell you. WHY do these so-called "greeks" not have the appropriate celtic accent?

I only hope that the film does justice to the battle and remarkable heroism on the attican part, Without all the bum sex.

Well, then roll on Salamis!
        Last edited by The Chap; 22 Sep 06,, 10:33. Reason: sp
        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

If Hollywood is making a historical epic you can be sure that truth and accuracy won't be included.
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            If Hollywood is making a historical epic you can be sure that truth and accuracy won't be included.
            You can bet it will be lacking in the historical facts however not lacking in the romance area. Flyboys appears to be pretty good but alas romance takes up most of it as it did with Pearl Harbor.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chap View Post
              Well, now the unfortunate, and purely reflex, battle in my own "choke point" has run its sticky course, I must say that the trailer looks fantastic - and seems to do Corinth some jusice.

Mind you that did not stop the LA Machine reducing the Trojan War to a matter of weeks. With no gods. Hurumpf.

I'll pay my £8 to see it whatever.

By the way, does it have ****? I mean, not those "National Geographic" types.

Nice perky falsies. In the Helenic tradition. Perhaps. I really have not thought this through.

And another thing. I've seen "Alexander" let me tell you. WHY do these so-called "greeks" not have the appropriate celtic accent?

I only hope that the film does justice to the battle and remarkable heroism on the attican part, Without all the bum sex.

Well, then roll on Salamis!
              Hey Chap long time no see mate.:) Hows things on the Island?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                You can bet it will be lacking in the historical facts however not lacking in the romance area. Flyboys appears to be pretty good but alas romance takes up most of it as it did with Pearl Harbor.
                WTF, are you kidding?

That SUCKS.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s5e1W3mDfU

A different teaser/trailer for "300."

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
                    WTF, are you kidding?

That SUCKS.
                    Cmon Snipe you dont think the movie is actually going to be about content do you? Romance ruins all good documentary films especially when it comes to wars or war footage. Thats how they appeal to everybody else to come see it.;)

Comment

Hello there Chap, my boy,

Where have you been hibernating these days?

Now don't give the old stuff about having to find a new hiding place if you spilled the beans as to where you have been hiding these days. ;) :)

Any news of Osama? He, too, is alleged to be hiding and telling no one as to where he is! Nasty little ***!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

[QUOTE=Dreadnought;269695]You can bet it will be lacking in the historical facts however not lacking in the romance area.

It was ever thus. Remember watching westerns that seemed quite thrilling or appealing UNTIL the 'hero' started smooching the female lead, or even worse, playing his guitar and singing? Mind you the guitar seemed to materialise out of thin air when out in the sagebrush. It was not visible in any other scenes. I think I was 8 years of age when I stalked out of the ABC Minors cinema absolutely disgusted ! So you can see I was set on the path to becoming a curmudgeon at an early age.
                        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                        X