No announcement yet.

Type 88 K1 Main Battle Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No that's not what I mean, I was thinking maybe there was some type of damage to the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
      No that's not what I mean, I was thinking maybe there was some type of damage to the bridge.
      None that were detected at the time of the crossing or the M1 wouldn't have tried to cross. The engrs didn't have a chance to make a thorough eval.

Comment

If we absolutely had to invade North Korea, for example, once we neutralize any nuclear threat that may exist and achieve air superiority, what are we going to cross their bridges with?

How many North Korean bridges can sustain a 70-ton M1A2 without collapsing? I would suspect the number is very few.

We need some kind of medium tank, I believe, to counter enemy tanks where the M1A2 cannot get to in the early stages of war.

Now true, South Korea has hundreds K1A1's, but what are we going to do in the meantime? Send a few armored vehicles over to assist the South Koreans and sit around with our tanks until engineers are able to work out some method for crossing the bridge?

I know I'm not an expert, and you are OOE, but this is stuff I'm burning to know and hope it is adequately addressed :)
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Actually, alot of bridges can support the Abrams. North Korea is heavily railed which they used as their main LOCs. The problem ain't the bridges can't support. The problem is that can the US take them before the NKs blow them up.

As to whether the US needs a 40 ton tank. I don't believe so. The Bradley is still an effective vehicle within that range and so is the LAV-105. A Task Force composed of these two types would be effective force.

Comment

Thx Colonel :)
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

"If we absolutely had to invade North Korea, for example, once we neutralize any nuclear threat that may exist and achieve air superiority, what are we going to cross their bridges with? "

The USMC needs no bridges. :)

Comment

They will walk on water:-D

Comment

CAn we get to a more important questions.... Do them there Hyundai tanks come with their 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty?:00

Comment

LOL

Comment

How the hell does NK outnumber S. Korea in so much when SK makes 480 more USD than N. Korea does.

Plus S. Korea has more than twice the population N. Korea does.

Comment

Because the north starves it's people to pay for it's delusions of granduer.

Comment

Working...
                        X