Bad drivers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad drivers thread

I was going to put this in the "woman teaches dog to drive" thread, but then thought maybe we need a general bad drivers thread, lol

So post stories of bad driving, and idiotic excuses for bad driving here.

First one:
    Man Explains He's Speeding Because Roads Are Clear Of Goats

September 6, 2006 2:20 p.m. EST

Mary K. Brunskill - All Headline News Staff Writer

Ottawa, Canada (AHN) - When Canadian police pulled over a man driving about 60 miles above the speed limit Wednesday, the man, who was from Switzerland, explained he was taking advantage of Canada's goat-free roads. Local police said it was the first time they've heard an excuse involving goats.

The traffic officer's notes read, "A motorist from Switzerland, used to driving around hills and mountains, takes advantage of the ability to go faster without risking hitting a goat."

Police spokesman Joel Doiron told Reuters, "I've never been to Switzerland, but obviously they must have a problem with that there."

But police didn't seem to care that the man couldn't drive fast in his native country without fear of hitting a goat. They issued him a C$360 speeding ticket (about $324).

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004771261
    Riccola Ranger- is there a goat problem on your roads?

Have you considered sending them to China for driving lessons?
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

This will make Yellow Fever feel better- Russians are crappy drivers too (but they at least have a good excuse).
    Russians Are The Worst Drivers In Europe

September 6, 2006 4:06 p.m. EST

Komfie Manalo - All Headline News Foreign Correspondent

Moscow, Russia (AHN) - A study made by KRC Research and Goodyear found that Russians were the worst drivers in Europe with 25 percent admitting to having had sex while driving.

According to the survey, Russians do not use seatbelts, break speed-limits, drive through red lights, drive drunk and have sex while driving more often than other Europeans.

According to the Delovoi Peterburg newspaper, some 36 percent of Russian drivers admit to regularly exceeding speed limits.

Among the bad habits of Russian drivers is talking over their mobile phones while behind the wheel. Compared to 14 European countries, Russian drivers use mobile phones while driving. Another 30 percent of Russian drivers have admitted to have driven while drunk.

Russians also do not pay enough attention to their physical condition when they are going to take the wheel. Only nine percent of those polled across Europe will drive if they do not feel well, compared to 23 percent of Russians.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004772687
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I absolutely HATE cell phone drivers
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        I absolutely HATE cell phone drivers
        Wow..they drive cellphones???

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
          This will make Yellow Fever feel better- Russians are crappy drivers too (but they at least have a good excuse).

We do not drive bad dammit???

Where are you?
          And what sort of car do you drive???
          I'm, gonna run you over...

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
            We do not drive bad dammit???
            Lol. Yes you do. It's because you guys all teach each other how to drive. ;)
            Where are you?
            Seattle. We have lots of Asian drivers here...
            And what sort of car do you drive???
            Infinity.
            I'm, gonna run you over...
            I'm scared! Haha, all I have to do is stand perfectly still, and you'll probably hit the guy across the street. ;)

Comment

I was going to put this in the "woman teaches dog to drive" thread, but then thought maybe we need a general bad drivers thread, lol
              No goats but you better watch out for that moose.

Comment

Asian women drivers on cell phone...
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  Asian women drivers on cell phone...
                  ...having sex with drunk Russians on goat-infested Swiss roads.

Comment

Infinity.
                    I'm scared! Haha, all I have to do is stand perfectly still, and you'll probably hit the guy across the street. ;)
                    I drive an Infiniti too!
                    Watch out for an angry Asian guy in an Infiniti.

And you underestimate us...
                    If I wanted to hit you with my car, I'd aim for the guy next to you....and then you'd be hit!!
                    Bwahahahahah (In my best Dr. Evil Laugh)

Comment

...If I wanted to hit you with my car, I'd aim for the guy next to you....and then you'd be hit!!
                      Lol. It's an old trick, but it just might work!

Comment

You obviously haven't been in Sydney in peak hour.

Their reason for the bad driving, "as a matter of fact, I do own the road".

Freddie
                        Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
                        vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

you just resurrected a thread dead for 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

Is that New Math you're using?

It's one and a half years, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by ameer View Post
                              Is that New Math you're using?

It's one and a half years, actually.
                              Hey, You dont know inter-galactic math- phew, you are so passe my friend :P

Comment

Working...
                              X