Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The negative return economy: a discourse on America's black budget

The negative return economy: a discourse on America's black budget

"The American corporate insider has the lowest cost of capital on the planet. When you can combine US Treasury securities with fiat currency with organized crime profits and leverage that in the stock market, then you can in essence make money for free...." -- Catherine Austin Fitts

By Chris Sanders and Catherine Austin Fitts
    *(Also published World Affairs, Journal of International Issues )

Keep the people frightened
    Of things they cannot know
    Is the secret of the Tomb
    If they knew what you and I know
    They would know it is just men
    Who rob them, cheat them, kill them
    Then start it all again
    - Orville X

Introduction

The United States government has operated a secret budgeting and spending program for decades outside the framework of the American Constitution. The institutional and political roots of this system of clandestine finance reach back to at least a century. The turn of the 19th and 20th centuries saw the consolidation of American industry and banking under the control of a restrictive cartel that for all practical purposes assumed control of the economy. The great magnates of American industry and finance in the late nineteenth century were superb practitioners of covert operations. Witness to this fact are the institutions set up during the twentieth century through which their descendants maintain control.

This paper is a summary of the structure of the American political economy which fits the facts better than the official model. Officially, American capitalism is characterised by democracy, opportunity, self-improvement, open and free markets, and constructive regulation for the public good, in short, happiness. Under this construct America has never fought a war of aggression and harbours no designs to do so. Its leaders have the nation?s interests at heart, and its politicians listen to their constituencies. The truth is different. Why the United States is so widely misunderstood is due in part to a controlled educational system and media. As the system evolved over the decades, time lent it legitimacy spanning the political spectrum. Gustavus Meyers, author of the seminal work History of the Great American Fortunes and no panegyrist, believed ? following Marx as did many on the left ? that the consolidation of American industry was inevitable and that the men who accomplished it were acting their part in a predetermined historical evolution. Once monopoly control had been achieved, the proletariat would rise and its dictatorship would begin. We shy away from such determinism; nothing happens but as a consequence of what men do and choose to do. If Meyers were alive today, he would still be waiting.

Black Budget? What Black Budget?

At the time of the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in September 2001 according to the Government Accounting Office (GAO), Pentagon had incurred $3.4 trillion of ?undocumentable transactions,? that is to say that there were $3.4 trillion worth of financial transactions for which there was no discernible purpose. The day before the attack, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld warned that the lack of control over its budget was a greater danger to the national security of the United States than terrorism. After the attacks, the government stopped publicly disclosing information about ?undocumentable transactions?.

Continue to read:
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0408/S00277.htm

You seem to be an anti American and that ok but whats with the Flame baiting after being here for such a short time. Between your last two posts what is it exactly you are try to say? Or are we just trolling in which case no matter you wont last too long. Oh and umm by the way before you point your finger at America what has Switzerland done throughout time execpt act as a middle man?
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 25 Aug 06,, 17:39.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Dread, did you read that link? Lol, I tried, but it was pretty dry reading.

I don't think 3.4 Trillion is out of line for the Pentagon's total black expenditures anyway, we're talking about things like SR-71, B-2, F-117, Spy Sats, etc.

It's not an annual expenditure....

Not that big business isn't corrupt, here and everywhere else. I would like to see the Oil companies broken up into separate upstream and downstream entities myself...
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by highsea
          Dread, did you read that link? Lol, I tried, but it was pretty dry reading.

I don't think 3.4 Trillion is out of line for the Pentagon's total black expenditures anyway, we're talking about things like SR-71, B-2, F-117, Spy Sats, etc.

Not that big business isn't corrupt, here and everywhere else. I would like to see the Oil companies broken up into separate upstream and downstream entities myself...
          Yeah I read it I find it funny somebody like this pointing the finger at how things are done in America. Every country no matter who they are have questionable business dealings and questionable budgets. I dont mind that expendature on the black projects hey thats what keeps us on top military wise. This guy seems more or so as a flame baiter...comparing the U.S. to Germany by use of some idiots posted thoughts about it and then link to it? Thats like third grade **** and so was the poster. I guess thats his reliable source some idiot on a web page board. Please! Since hes apparently from Switzerland perhaps he should be more interested in how chocolate, clocks and skiing are doing in his neutral country. Leave U.S. politics and the WOT to us unless ofcoarse you want to give troops to the cause of the WOT. Opps I forgot they dont get involved...just criticise.

Comment

Originally posted by SolveEtCoagula
            The negative return economy: a discourse on America's black budget

"The American corporate insider has the lowest cost of capital on the planet. When you can combine US Treasury securities with fiat currency with organized crime profits and leverage that in the stock market, then you can in essence make money for free...." -- Catherine Austin Fitts

By Chris Sanders and Catherine Austin Fitts
            *(Also published World Affairs, Journal of International Issues )

Keep the people frightened
            Of things they cannot know
            Is the secret of the Tomb
            If they knew what you and I know
            They would know it is just men
            Who rob them, cheat them, kill them
            Then start it all again
            - Orville X

Introduction

The United States government has operated a secret budgeting and spending program for decades outside the framework of the American Constitution. The institutional and political roots of this system of clandestine finance reach back to at least a century. The turn of the 19th and 20th centuries saw the consolidation of American industry and banking under the control of a restrictive cartel that for all practical purposes assumed control of the economy. The great magnates of American industry and finance in the late nineteenth century were superb practitioners of covert operations. Witness to this fact are the institutions set up during the twentieth century through which their descendants maintain control.

This paper is a summary of the structure of the American political economy which fits the facts better than the official model. Officially, American capitalism is characterised by democracy, opportunity, self-improvement, open and free markets, and constructive regulation for the public good, in short, happiness. Under this construct America has never fought a war of aggression and harbours no designs to do so. Its leaders have the nation?s interests at heart, and its politicians listen to their constituencies. The truth is different. Why the United States is so widely misunderstood is due in part to a controlled educational system and media. As the system evolved over the decades, time lent it legitimacy spanning the political spectrum. Gustavus Meyers, author of the seminal work History of the Great American Fortunes and no panegyrist, believed ? following Marx as did many on the left ? that the consolidation of American industry was inevitable and that the men who accomplished it were acting their part in a predetermined historical evolution. Once monopoly control had been achieved, the proletariat would rise and its dictatorship would begin. We shy away from such determinism; nothing happens but as a consequence of what men do and choose to do. If Meyers were alive today, he would still be waiting.

Black Budget? What Black Budget?

At the time of the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in September 2001 according to the Government Accounting Office (GAO), Pentagon had incurred $3.4 trillion of ?undocumentable transactions,? that is to say that there were $3.4 trillion worth of financial transactions for which there was no discernible purpose. The day before the attack, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld warned that the lack of control over its budget was a greater danger to the national security of the United States than terrorism. After the attacks, the government stopped publicly disclosing information about ?undocumentable transactions?.

Continue to read:
            http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0408/S00277.htm

And umm bye the way lets discuss business dealings of YOUR country with Germany since it was your choice to compare America with Germany in the other flame bait post. Say from late 1938 to present day. Wasnt it YOUR country that banked/stored and stole along with the Natzi's from the poor Jewish families that were exterminated during these years? Yeah your neutral alright what a crock of ****. But all the same dont post and run like some little troll lets debate this out in the open instead of posting and running like the trend you are beginning to show.

*Mods keep an eye on this it has clear signs of a Troll namely.........

Comment

Please don't ban this guy. He's a source of endless laughter.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea

That's all time spending....but the F-117, B-2, SR-71 figures have all since come public havn't they?

So deduct what's come public from black world out of the 3.5 trillion, and we'll have a decent idea of how much cash is out there 'floating around'.

LOL...who volunteers to do the leg work?

Comment

I'd just like to add SolveEtCoagula appears on several boards, he posts the same ant-american flamebait he does here and never replies. He's just a troll.
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Well it's a fairly interesting topic.

I for one would like to know how much unnaccountable 'black' budget cash is out there.

Comment

It does upset one if one's country is held up to ridicule by a poster and strong worded retorts are given.

However, for those who are not from the country being slandered, the whole thread becomes intensely frustrating since what is the correct picture seems to elude.

Could some American who understands economics, rebut the post and the article with logical and factual statements so that we, who are not aware, are educated and feel comfortable since the article does worry!

There is no doubt that the article is an attempt to senastionalise and catch the attention!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Actually that GAO report exists. Its more mundane than the Area 51 explanation. Poor record keeping rather than untrackable munitions, as that report mentions. Govt waste in US(like anywhere) is routine, and yes, even obscene. There was this John Stossel program "Gimme a break" series. He mentions almost a trillion and a half dollars(probably over a period of time) wasted by DoD employees on luxuries like expensive briefcases, b00b jobs, strip joints, expensive vacations etc. Happens in other Govt depts as well.
                        Last edited by gilgamesh; 26 Aug 06,, 16:59.

Comment

I do wish someone rebuts this article. It is very disturbing.

And if indeed he is a troll, he should be sent to Timbuctoo.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                            Please don't ban this guy. He's a source of endless laughter.
                            Originally posted by parihaka
                            I'd just like to add SolveEtCoagula appears on several boards, he posts the same ant-american flamebait he does here and never replies. He's just a troll.
                            Hm...his behavior reminds me of abdulruff . Who is no longer with us for the very reason that parihaka mentioned i.e. essentially spamming without replying.

17 threads started with nary a reply to any of them.

Seems like a genuine contributor to me

Love the thought-provoking threads, but drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome, time for this one to go home ;)
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                              Hm...his behavior reminds me of abdulruff . Who is no longer with us for the very reason that parihaka mentioned i.e. essentially spamming without replying.

17 threads started with nary a reply to any of them.

Seems like a genuine contributor to me

Love the thought-provoking threads, but drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome, time for this one to go home ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                              X