No announcement yet.

Row over Hitler-themed restaurant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO for choosing such an alarming name given todays social structure they deserve whatever headaches they get. Perhaps they should have thought less about such a attention grabbing name and more about the quality/quanity of food they serve to insure the influx of customers and their return/reviews.

I think the name was chosen in very poor taste but thats my opinion.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

More than poor taste, it appears that the chap is a small time businessman, who is a high school dropout.

High on business acumen, low in knowledge.

There are many like him in India.

They drive M'rutis, Assent and Assteems (Cars of India i.e. Maruti, Accent, Esteem)!

Illiterate sods with oodles of money!

One such idiot once told me that Mercedes Benz was actually an Indian car (those days Mercedes Benz were not easily available for love or money!).

He said that it was Mr Tarlochan Singh Bains who emigrated to German (for Germany) and married Ms Mercedes. They produced the car and named it Mercedes Bains!

And the bloke actually meant it!

He was a rich man but a total illiterate with confidence that money begets!
      Last edited by Ray; 23 Aug 06,, 18:54.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

and I married Ms. Skoda and Ms. Audi... so you can thank me for those cars anytime... ;)
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          Your Saddam Dogs may turn out to be a hot seller in the US.

But Hitler does not appear correct.

I would not even support opening a Osama Pork Outlet.
          But how about a Mohamed Pork Chop?

A restaruant named "Mohamed's Place" serving nothing but pork products. I think that's pretty cool, as long as you don't try to open this in a muslim country or France.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
            and I married Ms. Skoda and Ms. Audi... so you can thank me for those cars anytime... ;)

Actually, I want to buy a Skoda Octavia, but who has the money!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
              don't buy it... it has no re-sale value... or if you really want one... buy it second hand... a diesel will cost you around 6 Lakhs and a petrol will cost you about 4 Lakhs...
              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
                But how about a Mohamed Pork Chop?

A restaruant named "Mohamed's Place" serving nothing but pork products. I think that's pretty cool, as long as you don't try to open this in a muslim country or France.
                Actually, at the local Mall, one of the chaps who looks after the frozen food department is a Moslem.

The sausages are of pork as also of chicken.

I knew he was a Moslem and so I started fishing into the freezer for a pork sausage packet. Seeing me trying to find a product, he asked me what I wanted and so I told him that I wanted "pork sausages".

He calmly handed one over much to be discomfort, he being a Moslem. So, I told him that it was OK and sort of grabbed it from him to lessen his blasphemy (for the want of a better word). I like the chap. He, seeing my discomfort said that it was OK. He was only touching it, he was not eating it!

I was left speechless and grateful from having been absolved of a guilt that because of me, he did something that was not as per his religious norms.

Nowadays, whenever I go to the Mall, he "tauntingly" holds aloft a packet of pork sausages and tell me that it has arrived just then just for me!

He is a real swell chap!

Chaps like him make my day since they are beyond bigotry!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
                  Pizzas, shakes and flavoured hookahs. The owners plan to open outlets all over Bombay.
                  Ah...you've already visited the restaurant?
                  Live in Mumbai?
                  I like the smell of hookhah! :)

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
                    In today's world, no publicity is bad publicity. Looks like the owners of the restaurant got loads of free publicity. Now all he has to do is change the name and his location is already famous. :) Some guys can be so shamelessly unscrupulous.
                    Agree with LT!

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
                      How about something like Saddam's Fried Nuts......
                      It would just draw comparison to Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, and that too would have a negative impact on the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                        Actually, at the local Mall, one of the chaps who looks after the frozen food department is a Moslem.

The sausages are of pork as also of chicken.

I knew he was a Moslem and so I started fishing into the freezer for a pork sausage packet. Seeing me trying to find a product, he asked me what I wanted and so I told him that I wanted "pork sausages".

He calmly handed one over much to be discomfort, he being a Moslem. So, I told him that it was OK and sort of grabbed it from him to lessen his blasphemy (for the want of a better word). I like the chap. He, seeing my discomfort said that it was OK. He was only touching it, he was not eating it!

I was left speechless and grateful from having been absolved of a guilt that because of me, he did something that was not as per his religious norms.

Nowadays, whenever I go to the Mall, he "tauntingly" holds aloft a packet of pork sausages and tell me that it has arrived just then just for me!

He is a real swell chap!

Chaps like him make my day since they are beyond bigotry!
                        We need more reasonable muslims like that in the world. People who can take a joke on the chin and laugh it right off.
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          Ray, those just have a 2.0L engine - kinda small for an SUV right?

Comment

I have been thinking about this today and this is what I think that I think about it....

I think that the restaurant was in bad taste (no pun in tended) however I also think that it should be ok that he opened it. I kinda think the name, Hitler's Cross, is even a little cool sounding. No matter what, someone, somewhere is always going to be offended at something that someone else is doing or saying or thinking.
                            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Whoa everyone, we have a 'Nazi Liberal' in our midst......hahaha I'm just joking! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Drunk
                                Whoa everyone, we have a 'Nazi Liberal' in our midst......hahaha I'm just joking! ;)
                                Damn! I have been found out! :)
                                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                                X