Israel on Iran's Nukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
    Tehran is only one small part of Iran, and tucked in the east.
    And?

If they have a similar flight profile to Osiraq, their fuel consumption would increase again.
    And?

Mixed A2G/A2A loads? Sounds like a range-killer and dangerous in that they will waste so much precious energy.
    Sounds like SOP(standard operating procedure) to me. USAF F-15Es also carry AAMs as a matter of course on bombing missions.(So does every fighter in the US Arsenal- to include A-10s)

Yup, but leaving Iran's (admittedly limited) retaliatory capability open, leaving a PR disaster (scratch that, the Israelis never were much affected by bad 'PR' ha) and possibly the nuclear programme in the western parts open.
    At first. The more bombs fall, the lesser the risk 1 and 3 pose, but the more overriding 2 becomes.

Only in the western parts of Iran(can be significantly attacked.
    I can't say i agree with that. It depends how many tankers the Jews have. They may very well be able to hit any point in Iran. I just can't say not knowing how many tankers they've got.

Not that they have my confidence in their abilities but apparently the Iranians have 200 (total) MiG-29s, F-4s and F-14s, obviously with huge loiter time over western Iran versus fuel and hence energy-strapped F-15s.
    Once the F-15s drop their bombs they'll have a HUGE edge on any of those platforms. Before they drop, really only the Mig-29s and the F-14s are any threat- and only a handful of either is ever going to be in the right place at the right time.

The Israeli F-15s use the Falcon off-boresight/helmet aimed AAM for defense, so with that system they wouldn't even have to break off an attack run on a ground target to defend themselves.

Just "Look and shoot".

As has been discussed on this forum, OAF wasn't a total success - Yugo army left intact.
    Surrender is surrender. They met our terms for the cost of a single F-16.

Hard to find any fault there. I think you're just expecting too much return for our investment in that particular war.

Taking that literally, can they bomb power plants in the east? Perhaps, but you'll sympathise if I don't put any money on it.
    It doesn't much matter if the jews can hit the whole country as long as they keep the capital in the stoneage. That's where all the cameras and reporters will be.

It's a matter of simple economics. How much is Iran's nuclear program worth to them? And how much bombing can they take before their economy simply bellies up?(no one has even mentioned the key element of all this- and that's the SPIKE in gas prices that will result).
    Last edited by Bill; 22 Aug 06,, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      ...It depends how many tankers the Jews have. They may very well be able to hit any point in Iran. I just can't say not knowing how many tankers they've got.
      Depending on the source, the AOB lists around 13-18 B707 airframes. Globalsecurity has it as 2-6 Phalcons, 3 EC-707 Stork (ECM/EW), 5 KC-135, and 3-5 transports, with an additional 4-5 KC-130 tankers.

So figure 10 tankers, half are 707's and half are C-130's. The US has been known to lend additional airframes as needed.

Israel could make sub-launched cruise missile strikes on Iran, but it would be limited, since they only have 3 subs that could be used. Any air strikes would pretty much need US support for Iraq overflight, since there is no way would Turkey go along with such a plan.

So would Jordan look the other way? If so, it means there would be no need to flyover Syria. Neither Jordan or KSA are too friendly with Iran, but neither one would welcome additional turmoil in the region.

The US knows any Israeli attack would mean retaliatory missile attacks on US forces in Iraq, so Israel can't act alone with US forces in the region. It would have to be a combined effort to destroy as much of Iran's offensive capability as possible very early on.

That means Tomahawks from US subs and surface combatants, B-2 and F-117 missions the first few nights, etc...
      "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
        Simply not true. Tehran is only 993 statute miles from Tel Aviv. The Jews would have to carry extra drop tanks, and tank going in and going out....but they could definitely reach Tehran with their F-15s.

All of them.

Israeli F-15I refueling from Israeli B707 tanker.
        Dam, I didnt even think the ole 707's were still in service.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by hound View Post
          Having been reduced to a stalemate in Lebanon after several weeks of war, would Isreal still seek to attack and destroy Iran's nuke programs.

There has been lots of talk on the range of F-15/16 in Israeli inventory, the question is does Israel have an aircraft carrier that can go near the gulf and launch its planes. With the mess in Iraq rightnow, there are strong doubts that US will allow Israel to use Iraqi airfields.

Also, does Iran have S-300 series air defense batteries and if so, have is it true that Israelis and french have figured out as to how to jamm S-300s.
          Israel simply has the rights the right to defend itself even if that means to proact

Comment

Dude. This thread is 6 years old.

Comment

And he didn't even add anything interesting or worth saying...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Laurinaki View Post
                Israel simply has the rights the right to defend itself even if that means to proact
                Please go here
                http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...on-thread.html
                and introduce yourself, people will help you learn the guidelines for this forum.:)
                Last edited by USSWisconsin; 29 Apr 12,, 19:24.
                sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Poor kittens
                  Attached Files

Comment

You know when you throw a kitten they stick like velcro to whatever they land on?
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

If you throw em hard enough, their orientation doesn't even matter.

Comment

I miss highsea and snipe (both of them).......

Comment

How many kittens does it take to paint a wall?

Depends how hard you throw them
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
                          X