If ur nation turned 2 an islamic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LongshotSNN
    My country has already declared itself "Islamic" under a former PM.

I'm emigrating soon (within the next few years) and so are my siblings in the future. I only hope i can get the hidebound parents out before the place gets messed up even further.
    What country would that be if you don't mind me asking?
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
      My friend, you are seriously undervaluing the threat to western civilization that Islam poses.
      Sorry champ they said the same about facism, communism, crime, urban decay, even killer bees. This is just the new one, it'll pass, then it'll get replaced so fast you won't even notice. I reckon everyone will say the same thing about China in 15 years, if they aren't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic
        You have absolutely no IDEA on how integrated muslims are into their religion... heck growing up in different society isn't helping much since watching the recent happenings most of the muslims popping out with threats are not new immigrants but ones that have been raised and brought up in the "different society"... most of the terrorism popping up now is homegrown... Islam is very much a threat and the dream of Islam ruling the world is very much alive in most muslims... and whether you believe it or not Islam is reproducing at a very alarming rate... it is very much a threat to the free world...
        My neighbourhood is 40% Islamic, my high school was 10%, a lot of my friends are muslim. So maybe I have some idea. Those same friends eat McDonald's, drink coke (and beer) and date non-muslims, just don't tell their parents.
        It's almost funny because everyone said the same crap about Vietnamese people when we dropped the White Australia Policy, and for about 20 years they almost seemed right every now and then (like the skinhead riots) but now no one seems to remember any of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
          What country would that be if you don't mind me asking?
          Malaysia actually.

Comment

Malaysia actually.

isnt malaysia predominately muslim, or is that indonisia

forgive my ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
              Sorry champ they said the same about facism, communism
              Both of those were pretty big threats. Nazis rampaging through Europe. USSR's proxy wars, and warheads aimed at every western city.
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Low-tech
                isnt malaysia predominately muslim, or is that indonisia

forgive my ignorance
                Both are actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                  Both of those were pretty big threats. Nazis rampaging through Europe. USSR's proxy wars, and warheads aimed at every western city.
                  But in the end they were both beaten, and compared to the USSR, Iran ain't s**t. It's overstated because people are paranoid and seem to like being afraid and hateful of something.

Comment

My country has already declared itself "Islamic" under a former PM.

I'm emigrating soon (within the next few years) and so are my siblings in the future. I only hope i can get the hidebound parents out before the place gets messed up even further.
                    LOL seems like things were getting better last time I was there, but I think that's mainly me being glad that Mahatir was gone. Where do you plan on moving to if I may ask?

Comment

I would protest peacefully...by marrying a blond, a brunette, a redhead and the fourth one must own a liquor shop, hic!
                      Last edited by gilgamesh; 13 Aug 06,, 08:54.

Comment

But in the end they were both beaten
                        So, anything that can be beaten isn't a big threat? Sorry, both of those examples killed too many people to be anything but a threat. They were bad examples.
                        It's overstated because people are paranoid and seem to like being afraid and hateful of something.
                        It's overstated? I consider them a threat, and the only statements I needed to come to that conclusion are Iran's statements. No paranoia, no hate, just listening to them talk...
                        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                          So, anything that can be beaten isn't a big threat? Sorry, both of those examples killed too many people to be anything but a threat. They were bad examples.

It's overstated? I consider them a threat, and the only statements I needed to come to that conclusion are Iran's statements. No paranoia, no hate, just listening to them talk...
                          Keep them away from the nukes and we'll be fine ;) .They're most likely gonna destroy themselves.Spoonman is right,I mean c'mon they are nowhere close being as smart as the Commie or the Nazis. The reasons why Nazis and Commies were considered threat was because of their expertise in the field of science and technology something that Islam considers Taboo.Who needs medicines when we've got Allah...... .

Comment

Originally posted by SLASH
                            they are nowhere close being as smart as the Commie or the Nazis.
                            They need to be smart to be a threat now? Come on. These guys are dumb enough to think death is a good thing. These guys are dumb enough to come right out and say they want everyone else but Muslims dead, and that they're happy to do the killing.
                            Originally posted by SLASH
                            The reasons why Nazis and Commies were considered threat was because of their expertise in the field of science and technology
                            No, they were a threat because they were killing people, and telling us we're next.

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid
                              I would like to say No.1, but having never seen combat, nor even held a weapon, I don't really know how I'd react. In Britain we're also disarmed.
                              So is your opponent.

Molotov cocktails are excellent attitude adjustment devices.

Comment

LOL seems like things were getting better last time I was there, but I think that's mainly me being glad that Mahatir was gone. Where do you plan on moving to if I may ask?
                                Actually, the overall political situation has deteriorated since Mahathir left, although the first two years or so were pretty ok, since everybody was giving the new Prime Minister the benefit of doubt and time to make good on his election promises.

But disillusionment is slowly starting to creep in, and the ex-PM has recently been making criticisms of Badawi. At the same time Badawi's son-in-law is starting to make headlines.....For the wrong reasons, ie. the usual promises about racial bloodbath should other ethnic groups attempt to broach the subject of native rights or attempt to hold inter-faith dialogues etc.

I used to work as a stringer and did some political coverage, albeit of local events centered around one state in the country. Let's just say that even people who used to be pro-ruling coalition are now starting to turn cynical at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X