Ninjas & Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semper Fi
    A Ninja would rape a Knight in a one on one fight. First of all Ninja's are better swordmen, and their Katana's would easily go though a Knight's armor.

And a Knight is no match for a someone who is highly trained in the art of Jujutsu.
    I don't know about that. Katana is good at slicing flesh and cloth armor. It's not very effective against chainmail and platemail, which excels at defending against slashing attacks. Chainmail and platemail are vulnerable against piercing attacks.

The brute force of a 2 hand sword could be a problem for the lightly armored ninja. A well trained knight can attack with any part of his sword. Pommel is used as a blunt weapon. The tip is a thrusting weapon. Broad blade is a slashing weapon. The hilt is used to disarm opponents. A knight might look clumsy, but looks can be deceiving.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I like to see a ninja army or jujistu experts stop a mounted knight charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Fi
        A Ninja would rape a Knight in a one on one fight. First of all Ninja's are better swordmen, and their Katana's would easily go though a Knight's armor.

And a Knight is no match for a someone who is highly trained in the art of Jujutsu.

Jujutsu is not the art form that ninjas use.
        Jujutsu is the art form that a samurai uses after his main weapon of choice, his katana has been 'lost' in battle

Ninja are totally different from samurai.
        Samurai Have honour and strict code they adhere to, where by Ninjas do not. They have no 'battle' honour, they do what ever it takes to get the job done, and alot is stealth/concealment/and trickery.
        Ninja will only use his sword [which is not a Katana by the way, that a samurai uses, it is different] as only a last result, when has been compramised.
        Ninpo is the art form that Ninjas used and where tought.!!!
        And again as contrary beleif to films of which would show, ninjas would not always use there Ninja-ken, but use there 'bokens' wooden fighting sword which are used to train, in combat.

Comment

Don't ninjas use ninja-to, a straight edged short sword? I'm not sure if ninjas are permitted to use katana, as it's a badge of rank for the samurai.

Ninjas are more like assassins and spies than warriors. Maybe this poll is better if we changed it to "knights vs samurais."
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Its not that they are not allowed to use them..its just they choose not to.
            The smaller blade, worked better with a ninja, in there purpose, they where of stealth, its easier to conceal a smaller blade. They would avoid frontal confrontation with swords. That would be a last result.
            Also the shorter blade has its advantages in indoors, such as corridors.
            Ninja would have to fight close quaters and get within the body of its foe and use his sword in a stabbing motion to kill.

Where as a samurai, would kill usually swining his katana in a side ward/diaganol motion.

Ninjas used two types of sword ninja-ken or ninja-to.
            They are both smaller then a katana.
            And 'seem' to be staright, but are curved to a slight degree.

The diference between the two is quality...they use a diferent method of forgeing.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
              I don't know about that. Katana is good at slicing flesh and cloth armor. It's not very effective against chainmail and platemail, which excels at defending against slashing attacks. Chainmail and platemail are vulnerable against piercing attacks.
              The Choku-To Katana (aka "Ninja sword", or straight-bladed Katana) is EXTREMELY adept at penetrating armor.

Of course a ninja by his very nature would try to kill the knight in his sleep, or when bending over to pick up his morning newspaper, or whatever else.

Ninjas don't fight fair.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
                The Choku-To Katana (aka "Ninja sword", or straight-bladed Katana) is EXTREMELY adept at penetrating armor.
                Good article here on a very similar premise (knight .vs. samurai) by someone who has handled all the swords, and as far as I can tell done some practice fighting in armour too. The critical thing for me to come out of that article is that the Europeans fought with shields, the Japanese did not. That will make a massive difference.
                Rule 1: Never trust a Frenchman
                Rule 2: Treat all members of the press as French

Comment

Originally posted by Simullacrum View Post
                  Jujutsu is not the art form that ninjas use.
                  Jujutsu is the art form that a samurai uses after his main weapon of choice, his katana has been 'lost' in battle
                  Ninjutsu is basicaly the same as Jujutsu only that it applies espionage and other stealth tactics.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  I like to see a ninja army or jujistu experts stop a mounted knight charge.
                  A Ninjitsu Star right between the horse's eyes or explosives would takecare of a charging horse.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    The brute force of a 2 hand sword could be a problem for the lightly armored ninja. A well trained knight can attack with any part of his sword. Pommel is used as a blunt weapon. The tip is a thrusting weapon. Broad blade is a slashing weapon. The hilt is used to disarm opponents. A knight might look clumsy, but looks can be deceiving.
                    Ninja will rape a Knight... what good is a 2-handed sword and all that armour when you can't even touch the Ninja in the first place.... A Knight with 2-handed sword would be too slow and a very easy target for the Ninja to rape...
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                      Ninjas don't fight fair.
                      all is fair in love and war...

Comment

Originally posted by pdf27 View Post
                        Good article here on a very similar premise (knight .vs. samurai) by someone who has handled all the swords, and as far as I can tell done some practice fighting in armour too. The critical thing for me to come out of that article is that the Europeans fought with shields, the Japanese did not. That will make a massive difference.
                        Maybe. Depends on how the fight plays out.

If the Ninja is playing HIS game he'll slice the Knight's throat in his sleep.

I have little doubt that a Choku-To would penetrate any shield or breastplate(of course not both) with a fulll power bursting 2 handed move though.

Comment

Maybe. Depends on how the fight plays out.

I have little doubt that a Choku-To would penetrate any shield or breastplate(of course not both) with a fulll power bursting 2 handed move though.
                          but a sword is not the Ninja's primary weapon... it is the last resort...

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            but a sword is not the Ninja's primary weapon... it is the last resort...
                            I pretty much already said the same in my last post didn't i? ;)

Comment

edit: Nevermind, you're talking about thrusting.

A indepth going over for Knight vs Samurai

16th century was towards the end so we're talking mounted and seriously armored. I'd say if the Ninja plays his game he assasinates the Knight, if he plays the Knight's game he dies.
                              Last edited by FOG3; 08 Sep 06,, 00:52.

Comment

I pretty much already said the same in my last post didn't i? ;)
                                you mean, this:
                                ok.
                                :)
                                lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X