Interpret this airstrike photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpret this airstrike photo please

This is a shot of an Israeli airstrike in Lebanon. Supposedly it's in the Christian section north of Beirut. The question is, why would Israel be targeting this area? This picture shows what appears to be secondary explosion, indicating that something was there that probably shouldn't have been (weapons cache?)

Can our military bubbas give me their impression?
    Attached Files
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

I doubt Hezbollah has any problems hiding weapons in a Christian area.

Actually it's smart, by forcing Israel to kill Christian civillians, even accidently, can only help to erode support or Israel throughout Europe and America. It also gives the far right white supremecist groups more fodder to depict this as part of the "nefarious Zionist plot" to enslave all other races to the Jews.

PS: They actually believe that, I consider myself as well versed on white supremacy doctrine. The product of several very boring weekends with Internet access.

Comment

The fireball is an indication of something flameable, possibly a gas main.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
        This is a shot of an Israeli airstrike in Lebanon. Supposedly it's in the Christian section north of Beirut. The question is, why would Israel be targeting this area? This picture shows what appears to be secondary explosion, indicating that something was there that probably shouldn't have been (weapons cache?)

This may answer your question:

Israel on Friday targeted bridges for the first time in the Christian heartland north of the capital.
        From this article: Israeli Strikes

Comment

maybe a petrol pump was targetted???
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
            The fireball is an indication of something flameable, possibly a gas main.
            That's the question: Gas main (or something similarly civilian in nature) or Hezbollah supply cache?

Any chance of munitions there or does that fireball appear to be more liquid chemical in nature?

Or is sometimes a fireball just a fireball?
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I just think its amazing that most countries are against terrorism but yet want Israel to allow Hezbollah to breathe. They are terrorists and must be stopped. Sometimes I believe some of these countries that are supposedly against terrorism are per say (and we know who the major ones are) in writing and once conflict opens they are the first to want to want to stop it. When will they realize that the pen is not mightier then the sword in these cases and it must be done.

The interesting thing to see is that when the U.N. secures the buffer zone will their troops fire upon Hezbollah gorilla's if encountered or will they just ignore them and become casualties.
              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Any chance of munitions there or does that fireball appear to be more liquid chemical in nature?
                Napalm or even a very big IED (doubt it). I'm thinking it's a gas main. It's big and it's bright.

Comment

CLEAN UP ISLES 10-20 & 65-100! GAME ONNN!

Dam would I love to have the contract to repair all those roads,bridges and airport etc.

It will take years & billions of dollars to repair.
                  Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

I think they must've hit Nasrallah's ego. Big...flammable...prolly got him in his beard, too.

Comment

The photo has captured 4 events. From rear to the front of the picture you have; (1) a dark gray billowing cloud with shape & coloring common with an explosion that has occurred underground or deep in a building. (2) In front of that there is a series of relative straight brown cloud tracks which indicate a secondary high velocity explosion. (3) Then you have a light gray billowing cloud which is common to the dust / debris from a building rising with the heat of the explosions. (4) Lastly there is a Fireball. The white / yellow colors (extreme temperatures) are to high in the fireball to be from a gas main or liquid gas. Also look closely at the lower right side of the light gray cloud & you’ll see some orange coloring. This indicates a series pulsating low order explosions, like rocket propellent.

R/S Jake

Comment

The Christians are supporters of Syria.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                          The Christians are supporters of Syria.
                          Correct Sir. Emil Lahoud has been referred to as the lap dog of Assad
                          Anyway the Maronites owe it to Syria for saving their asses after being clobbered by the Druze and Shia....
                          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith601
                            I doubt Hezbollah has any problems hiding weapons in a Christian area.

Actually it's smart, by forcing Israel to kill Christian civillians, even accidently, can only help to erode support or Israel throughout Europe and America. It also gives the far right white supremecist groups more fodder to depict this as part of the "nefarious Zionist plot" to enslave all other races to the Jews.

PS: They actually believe that, I consider myself as well versed on white supremacy doctrine. The product of several very boring weekends with Internet access.
                            if hezbollah thinks that killing of christians will erode support of israel in the west, they don't understand evangelical christians of the United States. evangelicals are one of the strongest supporters of israel. also, who in the world is going to take opinions of 'far right white supremecists' groups very seriously?. about the only places where white supremacists can make some noise is in some small southern town in the US or in some skinhead controlled bar in england or germany. I am surprised that since 9/11 no white supremacist group in the US has suggested attacking Mecca in revenge for the september 11th attacks on the US.

Comment

I agree with Colonel sir, the fire ball could be from gas or a fuel pump (gas station: as refered in the US).
                              The Israelis are not attacking Christians per say, but only the infrastructure (used by the Hezbollah) that passes through their area. The roads and bridges link up with Syria. Iran and Syria assist the Hezbollah via these communication lines.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X