No announcement yet.

As the 5 year anniversary approaches...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the 5 year anniversary approaches...

- WARNING -

This will make some people very, very angry. Deep breaths.

------------
    Have you ever wanted to hurt someone? Really really badly?

Watch it all.

-dale

Every time I listen to or read this 9/11 conspiracy stuff, I have to shake my head in absolute wonder.

Could you really imagine a super secret conspiracy dreamed up and executed by a bunch of ultra-right-wing nutbars who, by rhe way, happen to run the biggest super-power beauracracy in the history of mankind.

We're talking about a body politic that must have even its most inane faux pauxs scrutinized by legions of blood thirsty media sharks and pundits for the 'other side' (think: dems vs reps here).

You want conspiracies? There's lots of little conspiracies in government every day. A conspiracy to shuffle a less favored subordinate's field report about middle eastern men acting strangely to the bottom of the basket. A conspiracy to guess at a timeline of events in an after action report. A conspiracy to cover up incompetence that could be attributable to a loss of life that may have been prevented if everything else work exactly as it should have.

Add those together with a slighltly bigger conspiracy by some radical extremists who are ruthlessly dedicated to destroying everything that is contrary to their view, and you have what happened on 9/11/2001: an horrific synergy of coincidence that will continue to defy any attempt at a reason or simple explanation.

I think there are much more pressing concerns we should be focused on. Like namely: how the hell are we ever gonna extricate our son's and daughter's from the $#1t storm in Iraq while maintaining any semblance of "balance of power" in the middle east?

Let us grieve for our losses, bury the dead, and stick to "just the facts!"
    Wild Willy

Comment

This guy is a *****. However....

I can't imagine that only ONE of these planes fought back. That infuriates me. Call me heartless, but I think it's incredibly selfish not to take back the plane, when these are terrorists. They obviously weren't about to take them back to an airport. I mean, come on! In that situation, I'd gladly sacrifice my life if it meant I might prevent something horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by spittle8

I can't imagine that only ONE of these planes fought back. That infuriates me. Call me heartless, but I think it's incredibly selfish not to take back the plane, when these are terrorists. They obviously weren't about to take them back to an airport. I mean, come on! In that situation, I'd gladly sacrifice my life if it meant I might prevent something horrible.
        At that point in time people had been told to go along with the hijackers, and when they get to Cuba, they'll be sent back. The last plane fought because they knew what was about to happen, the others were still waiting to get to Cuba when they were murdered...
        No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
        I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
        even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
        He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Thanks for explaining that.

Comment

The left is the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
              The left is the enemy.
              It certainly is, and although they're too gutless to cut our throats themselves, they are trying as hard as they can to make it easier for our enemies to do it. Some are misguided fools, some are straight-up collaborators, but ALL are the enemy.

Comment

They don't got that much cuttin' in 'em.

As usual, it will be up to the realists to win despite them.

Comment

Originally posted by spittle8

You should also point out that once people on the planes get the idea that its not the normal 'ransom' hijacking scenario, their only chance at survival is to take back the plane. If I had the choice between maybe or probably dying now, and certainly dying in an hour knowing that everyone else on the plane and who knows how many people on the ground were going with me I think the choice is obvious. But I cant say that I know whether or not anyone on the other planes knew what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman
                    It certainly is, and although they're too gutless to cut our throats themselves, they are trying as hard as they can to make it easier for our enemies to do it. Some are misguided fools, some are straight-up collaborators, but ALL are the enemy.
                    Ahh and now I see the return of 50s reds under the bed paranoia. I'm so very glad I dont live in America, like I said, Australians are too lazy and spineless to be paranoid and predjudiced.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
                      Ahh and now I see the return of 50s reds under the bed paranoia. I'm so very glad I dont live in America, like I said, Australians are too lazy and spineless to be paranoid and predjudiced.
                      Specious. The Communist infiltration and damage was real, as is the current threat.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
                        Paranoia pruduces things like the F-22...and it pays for them too.

There's an object lesson there for you mate. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                          The left is the enemy.
                          It's always been the enemy. Look at the Commies. The Left, in my opinion, is an EVIL enemy. That's right, EVIL.
                          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Off topic, though pertaining to the Left and Right classification.

One wonders how Gunter Grass from a Waffen SS become the icon for the Left and a hero in Germany.

There are various shades of Left and various shades of Right.

One cannot club all in one shade.

British Leftist would be termed as Communists in the US.

Yet Bush (Rightist) is doing very well with Blair (Labour = Left = Communist).

Contradiction?
                            Last edited by Ray; 18 Aug 06,, 07:53.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                              Yet Bush (Rightist) is doing very well with Blair (Labour = Left = Communist).

Contradiction?
                              Neccesity makes for strange bedfellows.

Comment

Working...
                              X