No announcement yet.

One year to the day of London bombings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year to the day of London bombings.

Last year I was in London for the terror attacks and it was one hell of a scary day. I worked in a bar at Canary Wharf and my girlfriend worked at city hall and we both take transit. At first while watching on tv at my bar (monday to friday bar job!) we all thought it was a power surge like the BBC said but quickly we discovered it wasn't.

Everyone was really weird, the English reaction was to get another drink and someone even asked to change it to the cricket! I suppose being Canadian I'm not used to the Blitz, the IRA or the threat of a random chip throwing stabbing on a bus, I'd rather guns just like back in Surrey thanks. Anyway, imagine the fear not for myself but ****'s exploding and your girlfriend works in city hall London......... She was safe but didn't know as all phone lines where jammed and when she finally got through she didn't want to go home alone so shewalked all the way from Tower Bridge to Canary Wharf where we all got the fun of the evactuation experience. Canary Wharf has been bombed before and the police where not messing about today.

Previously I worked near Russel Square at a youth hostel called the Generator, as a lot of us start from there we work in the area and live there. One of my friends got the joy of seeing body parts blown across the front of his hotel. I saw him a week later still getting drunk and not sleeping and only letting me know what's going on in his head when the others went to get more drinks. To you ****ing assholes who think this is cool and support these peices of **** I say I hope you die and when you meet god for the brief moment before he condems you to oblivion I say that was too easy.

The difference:

I also watched the anniversary here in Amsterdam tonight and I want to point out a difference. I saw the laying of flowers to create a large purple flower I think at Kings Cross and it was beautiful. I saw no burn Mohammed the child killer posters, I saw not rifles blazing into the sky screaming chants of hate.

Yes it's us of the West who are evil, we hate you so much we will kill ourselves just for the honour of killing your baby...............

I say to you people who do this and even hint that you are in support 'I hate you'. I can't even put into words the fury I feel and I hope that you all get yours.

What can I say.
    Originally posted by GVChamp
    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Originally posted by Expat Canuck
    What can I say.
    No need to say more, just know you are not alone...
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

and less alone every day
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

It doesn’t often feel that way, I have to keep my mouth shut a lot in this city of tree huggers.
        Originally posted by GVChamp
        College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Working...
        X