Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which city in the world is most beautiful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which city in the world is most beautiful?

Isfahan is the most beautiful.
    Moscow
    14.29%
    Rome
    20.00%
    Istanbul
    17.14%
    Isfahan
    1.90%
    New York
    11.43%
    Oslo
    6.67%
    Jerusalem
    2.86%
    Cairo
    0.95%
    Alexandria
    0.95%
    Athens
    6.67%
    Baghdad
    1.90%
    Beijing
    4.76%
    Delhi
    8.57%
    Twizel
    1.90%

The most beautiful places I've seen are Kaghan, Northern Areas and Frederick, Maryland.

Heck many places in the Northern Areas are downright spectacular. From what I've seen in pictures and read several times, there can't be more beautiful places than those in Kashmir.

Comment

As of right now, wherever my wife isn't.

Comment

I wouldn't live in any one of the cities in the poll.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

same... most of the cities on there are large polluted metropolis cities and the others are battlefields (Baghdad, Jerusalem)...
          Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
          -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Tijuana.

Comment

leh,ladakh???

Comment

Whoever's been to Jerusalem agrees to it's beauty, regardless of it being a "battlefield", as you call it. Just go to the Western Wall, or the Dome of the Rock, or any of the other places and realize that Jerusalem is not marred by anything.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The various small Bavarian villages are all beautiful, as are the small mountain towns in Colorado. I don't think cities are very beautiful; there's Romanticism for you.
                  "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

The only time I'd call a city beautiful is at night. At that time, New York is a treat. The rest of the time, you can reach me in my mountains. Although Salt Lake City is kinda nice, but that's just 'cause of the Wasatch Mtns right behind it. And I guess the architecture in a place like Venice would be pretty nice. But I still say cities are best at night; that way you can't see the muggers before they knock you out. Cuts down on anxiety.
                    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

I think people can send photos of their cities here... :)

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                        The various small Bavarian villages are all beautiful, as are the small mountain towns in Colorado. I don't think cities are very beautiful; there's Romanticism for you.
                        I'm curious; ever been to Blackhawk? Right off of whatever big interstate cuts through the Rockies directly east of Denver. I guess you could call it a small mtn town, but that place is creepy, at least at night. Imagine Las Vegas, scaled down to Mayberry size.
                        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                          As of right now, wherever my wife isn't.
                          Things are that bad sir? Perhaps a summit between the two of you to discuss matters of mutual interest.
                          I could look after Number 1 Daughter whilst the two of you are in conference.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

#1 Daughter started it. In one of her temper tantrums, she threw a Barbie car (a $50 car. $50 for a plastic car that you and I used to pick up for $1 for 5) and it put a hole in the drywall.

Ok, good husband and father went and patch up the hole. Tape it up and put a fresh coat of drywall mud on it and sand it back down. Good husband and father got out the old paint chips that we (read she) decided to paint it on.

Only trouble is after 4 years, the sun has faded the colours and the new paint don't match ... and whose fault is that? Mine. I should have known about the fade and adjusted it accordiningly. Just how the hell do you adjust for fade?

Ok, good husband and father got an extremely simple solution. I'll just paint the room white.

Good husband and father is apparently an idiot. White somehow ain't a colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                              #1 Daughter started it. In one of her temper tantrums, she threw a Barbie car (a $50 car. $50 for a plastic car that you and I used to pick up for $1 for 5) and it put a hole in the drywall.

Ok, good husband and father went and patch up the hole. Tape it up and put a fresh coat of drywall mud on it and sand it back down. Good husband and father got out the old paint chips that we (read she) decided to paint it on.

Only trouble is after 4 years, the sun has faded the colours and the new paint don't match ... and whose fault is that? Mine. I should have known about the fade and adjusted it accordiningly. Just how the hell do you adjust for fade?

Ok, good husband and father got an extremely simple solution. I'll just paint the room white.

Good husband and father is apparently an idiot. White somehow ain't a colour.
                              lol...

Originally posted by bigross86
                              Whoever's been to Jerusalem agrees to it's beauty, regardless of it being a "battlefield", as you call it. Just go to the Western Wall, or the Dome of the Rock, or any of the other places and realize that Jerusalem is not marred by anything.
                              yea, true... but still, i'm sure Tel-Aviv is more peaceful, safer and more developed then Jerusalem...
                              Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                              -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Working...
                              X