This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out - Down to Flog: BDSM in India

And another one, Why Are There Engravings of a Donkey Fucking Someone’s Mother in India?
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Government communication those days had seal of the Ashok Chakra. I have doubts regarding the veracity of these letters.
      No source is mentioned but check his background from the twitter page, a postdoc in nuclear security at Stanford with the following works to his name

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        No source is mentioned but check his background from the twitter page, a postdoc in nuclear security at Stanford with the following works to his name
        This is the scary part. Anybody with a decent resume/credential can pass off a rumour/fake as original content. This is what is happening in India w.r.t the mob lynchings, although I don't think credentials are the required criteria for those. 2 innocent guys were lynched in Karbi Anglong, then 3 more sadhus were about to be lynched in Mahur, got saved by the paramilitary and the local police. I returned from Mahur 2 days prior to that incident. The shit-storm that is all over India is saddening.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is the scary part. Anybody with a decent resume/credential can pass off a rumour/fake as original content.
          I don't think that guy is faking anything

This is what is happening in India w.r.t the mob lynchings, although I don't think credentials are the required criteria for those. 2 innocent guys were lynched in Karbi Anglong, then 3 more sadhus were about to be lynched in Mahur, got saved by the paramilitary and the local police. I returned from Mahur 2 days prior to that incident. The shit-storm that is all over India is saddening.
          I heard of a lynching in Tripura of a govt person whose job it was to warn people about these fake posts

Jungle justice on the spot means these people live in areas where there is no justice or they don't see it.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...ynching/312424

The Karbi Anglong incident, however, has triggered a violent response from many in Assam and a large section has called for “revenge” against Karbis and Bodos and not legal action against the accused. An entire community has been heaped with the burden of guilt for the mindless action of a few.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Jul 18,, 17:38.

Comment

• Air India's business class of Rs 2 lakh infested with bed bugs

First they won't sell it. Then they decide to sell it, with conditions so stringent that they find no buyers. And all this while, precious tax payers money is doled out to keep the carrier afloat. What a bad commentary of things.

Comment

I don't think that guy is faking anything
              I didn't say the guy is faking it. However, I won't buy this story until the MEA confirms it.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              I heard of a lynching in Tripura of a govt person whose job it was to warn people about these fake posts

Jungle justice on the spot means these people live in areas where there is no justice or they don't see it.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website...ynching/312424
              If people have whatsapp in their cellphones and an internet connection, then the word jungle doesn't seem to be valid. The GoI can, if they want, trace the original guy who started this rumour. But, no, doesn't help the government in elections, nor does it help the state governments in anything. Lynch mobs have also killed people (muslims) in the name of cow protection and trade.

Some of these people (Karbis and Bodos as well as dimasas) were urging for calm, but they failed to condemn the violent lynching of the 2 Assamese youths. When 3 sadhus were about to be lynched, the dimasas didn't say anything, they kept silent, as if nothing happened. These assholes can't have their cake and eat it too. Nobody has the right to kill anyone, with a caveat that police did their job. The GoA didn't let the incident of the 2 Assamese who were lynched go out of hand. Law and order was maintained.

Comment

If people have whatsapp in their cellphones and an internet connection, then the word jungle doesn't seem to be valid. The GoI can, if they want, trace the original guy who started this rumour. But, no, doesn't help the government in elections, nor does it help the state governments in anything. Lynch mobs have also killed people (muslims) in the name of cow protection and trade.
                It's not so easy to trace who started the rumour. They would have to prove that and people are just going to deny it. Whatsapp could be of help here though in offering a way to find out.

End of the day these are murders. We have laws about that. These people think they can get away with it. In the few cases where these lynchings occurred people have been apprehended. You can be pretty sure this one will be as well.

Some of these people (Karbis and Bodos as well as dimasas) were urging for calm, but they failed to condemn the violent lynching of the 2 Assamese youths. When 3 sadhus were about to be lynched, the dimasas didn't say anything, they kept silent, as if nothing happened. These assholes can't have their cake and eat it too. Nobody has the right to kill anyone, with a caveat that police did their job. The GoA didn't let the incident of the 2 Assamese who were lynched go out of hand. Law and order was maintained.
                Could it be fear ? not saying anything means things can get compounded and the problem magnified.

Then it will take more of these lynchings to get the communities to react.

Comment

It's not so easy to trace who started the rumour. They would have to prove that and people are just going to deny it. Whatsapp could be of help here though in offering a way to find out.
                  It is easy if the urge is there. There are applications available in the market that governments & intelligence agencies use. No help of whatsapp is necessary.

End of the day these are murders. We have laws about that. These people think they can get away with it. In the few cases where these lynchings occurred people have been apprehended. You can be pretty sure this one will be as well.
                  Alphajoz Timung was arrested earlier for another murder/lynching case, and was released on bail. He killed again. Rapists get bail, then they kill the girls parents, rape the girl again and set her on fire. Law & order is a fucking shame. Typical third world shit.

Could it be fear ? not saying anything means things can get compounded and the problem magnified.

Then it will take more of these lynchings to get the communities to react.
                  Where is the fear in condemning the incident? A junior in school, who is a habitual BJP baiter, has joined Congress and had you seen him talk, the rascal, you'd have lost your mind. A sound thrashing is needed for asshats like him. A sound public thrashing.

Comment

It is easy if the urge is there. There are applications available in the market that governments & intelligence agencies use. No help of whatsapp is necessary.
                    How to deal with encryption ? they need keys. Whatsapp has to provide them. We've been down this path ten years ago with Blackberry & terrorism. The govt demanded Blackberry host their servers inside the country. I've not heard much more about this. But i think Blackberry refused to grant them decryption keys or only in specific limited instances. Not clear which. But allowed the govt some way to track terrorists who were using encrypted chats.

Alphajoz Timung was arrested earlier for another murder/lynching case, and was released on bail. He killed again. Rapists get bail, then they kill the girls parents, rape the girl again and set her on fire. Law & order is a fucking shame. Typical third world shit.
                    What you described there is more than law & order its dominant castes acting on others. There was a case recently in UP of a dalit groom wanted to take his wedding procession to his bride's house as is the custom with higher castes in the village.. There were some thakur villages along the route and they refused. They prefer Dalits keep their weddings short & simple. This guy wasn't going to agree.

To get a permit he approached the courts and went as far as the CM and after six months got over 400 cops stationed along the route to protect the procession that then went ahead on the originally planned route. Anythings possible in an election year.

Where is the fear in condemning the incident?
                    Condemning your own is going against your tribe and doing it publically ?

A junior in school, who is a habitual BJP baiter, has joined Congress and had you seen him talk, the rascal, you'd have lost your mind. A sound thrashing is needed for asshats like him. A sound public thrashing.
                    Lots of this going around. Free country. Election year. If you're not aware of what's happening the opposition will feed you all sorts of nonsense. They are unable to say a single positive thing about the govt in over four years. Not one. Everything an abject failure. I've countered where possible.

Who needs fake news when the opposition is so good at it : D

The good thing is it isn't anywhere as bad as the US.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Jul 18,, 19:43.

Comment

Air India's business class of Rs 2 lakh infested with bed bugs

First they won't sell it. Then they decide to sell it, with conditions so stringent that they find no buyers. And all this while, precious tax payers money is doled out to keep the carrier afloat. What a bad commentary of things.
                      I'm amazed at the support Air India has. My memories of Air India from years back were lousy. Flying back on trips i was the only one that got food poisoning and when we got to customs my declaration always was to throw up on them : D

Indian Airlines otoh was always great

Comment

I'm amazed at the support Air India has. My memories of Air India from years back were lousy. Flying back on trips i was the only one that got food poisoning and when we got to customs my declaration always was to throw up on them : D

Indian Airlines otoh was always great
                        You call that support? My tax money goes out to the corrupt bureaucracy, the fat air-hostesses and the bugs and mouses that inhibit the airline. It should have been closed 20 years back or privatised.

Oh, wait. I forgot to thank the Congress. Thank you Congress for 70 years of mis-rule, licence-permit raj, communalism, dole'ism economy, dynasty politics etc. If the edit button remains editable forever, I will keep adding more of Congress' gems here.

Comment

• 325 votes of confidence in the present govt

Comment

325 votes of confidence in the present govt
                            I was not interested in this today. My interest lies in the coming year, when the BJP will have probably around 220-260 seats. Not going to discuss about the numbers, as this is what I feel.

Comment

I was not interested in this today. My interest lies in the coming year, when the BJP will have probably around 220-260 seats. Not going to discuss about the numbers, as this is what I feel.
                              They will get less than they got in 2014 whether enough to form on their own is an open question but certainly with allies.

All depends on how the economy does when they enter the elections. Whether external factors play a role here in messing things up. Fed tightening, rising oil prices means higher exchange rates, inflation and more deficits

The NDA loses if people who voted them in aren't better off since. The young put them in office and can do the opposite as well.

Don't even know when they will call elections. Will it be next year or this one.
                              Last edited by Double Edge; 20 Jul 18,, 20:37.

Comment

• Rajasthan: Man beaten to death on suspicion of cow smuggling, 2 arrested

Hapur Lynchings - Hapur Lynching: Survivor and Key Witness Says Police Concocted Statement Submitted in Court
                                As Hapur lynching video goes viral, embarrassed cops tender apology

Comment

Working...
                                X