This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
    I don't know if you could call me an amateur herpetologist, but I used to sleep with them, if that counts.
    Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I married one. Divorced him. Now I try to avoid them...but the dam things keep showing up on my back porch.
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Just to clear up any confusion. I was referring to actual members of the Suborder Serpentes, not members of Homo sapiens that just act like 'em. And by sleep, I meant shared my bed for brief instants, not anything weirder than that.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

To remove the coils from cables. Hang from a tree or down a stairwell with a couple of kilos weight attached to the bottom overnight. Next morning it will lie flat.
        To coil a cable: do the first coil in your hand the way you normally would, the next coil apply a twist with your fingers so when you lay that coil in your hand the cable passes inside/underneath the previous. This way each coil has a twist opposite the previous and when thrown out, each coil counters the other and the cable will lie flat.
        see this link for over/under cable coiling techniques
        Last edited by Parihaka; 10 Jul 06,, 04:16.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Huh? My normally pretty good spatial reasoning ain't working here. Does the link have any pictures?
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Huh? My normally pretty good spatial reasoning ain't working here. Does the link have any pictures?
            oops, one toomany steps on the link, now fixed. There's three videos you can download to show how it is done

Leibniz

Comment

Oh good, so I was not the only one sitting here in front of my laptop with my hands trying to envision how to recoil something. LoL
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Just to clear up any confusion. I was referring to actual members of the Suborder Serpentes, not members of Homo sapiens that just act like 'em. And by sleep, I meant shared my bed for brief instants, not anything weirder than that.
                Oh.

Well I lived with them, but they never got into my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                  Oh good, so I was not the only one sitting here in front of my laptop with my hands trying to envision how to recoil something. LoL
                  Whenever I hire someone as a stagehand I read their resume, ask a couple of questions and then give them a cable to coil. If they can't do that, no job.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                    Whenever I hire someone as a stagehand I read their resume, ask a couple of questions and then give them a cable to coil. If they can't do that, no job.
                    and all I had to do was take a drug test and some sort of IQ test

I'd have been screwed had they handed me a cable and told me to coil it. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter
                      Had no choice when they made me a mod

I'm trying out a new avatar for the moment. Dunno how long it'll last. Like it? :)
                      How could you not like a bird of prey
                      Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• Originally posted by huh_what
                        Here's something random:
                        does anyone know how to reset the garage key pad password? (without actually knowing it) I have a liftmaster garage opener. I have tried putting in the 9999 possible combinations without success(must have missed some). I moved into my new house any the previous owner didnt know either.
                        I would think there is some sort of default code that would allow you to change the combo. Worse comes to worse call the manufacturer or the company that installed it.

Comment

• I hate Jetlag. I really, really do.

I prefer 777's over 747's.
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Remebering a prop plane ride over the sea of Ireland with alot of turbulance enroute to Amsterdam. Felt like a mosquito against a jet engine. Worst plane trip I ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought
                              Remebering a prop plane ride over the sea of Ireland with alot of turbulance enroute to Amsterdam. Felt like a mosquito against a jet engine. Worst plane trip I ever had.
                              A MATS flight from Hamburg to the US with a hangover. A C-130 flight from Tinker to Panama. I still can't decide which was worse. :)
                              Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                              (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• I've never really had a very unpleasant flight due to turbulence or anything else. I've had some long, uncomfortable ones, but never anything other than that.
                                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                                X