This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo!

It finally dipped below 60 degrees during the daytime in goddam sunny So cal.

Now it feels like Christmas time.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      In this age of sexual confusion, better to be a tight arse than a loose arse.

Merry Christmas wanker.

Save some x-mas grog of the rest of the country. :P
      Naaaaaa , buy their own , av a gud zmas Jason , jingle bollox .

Comment

• A little late. But found this while catching up on TL.

I know the mindset. Lived it for 20 yrs (still have it to a point).

Funny as hell when made into a comic stip

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strip_Halloween_2016_web.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	360.1 KB
ID:	1470078
        Last edited by Gun Grape; 20 Dec 16,, 02:54.

Comment

• Too perfect!
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• So I am now in New Zealand to spend Christmas with my in-laws. Who said this was the season of joy, peace and good will to all? Cause if I found out who it was I'm going to put a contract out on their ass!
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Who what ? ahhhh the season of joy n good wishes , a contract huh ,,,,,it was yella , honest guv .
              Last edited by tankie; 24 Dec 16,, 14:43.

Comment

• Just watched xmas carol the animated one with Jim Carrey voicing ebby , it was brilliant , actors pfffft not needed now ,

Merry xmas WAB

Comment

• Bachelor Party city recommendations? Right now we're looking at the following:

-Atlantic City
                  -Denver
                  -Charleston
                  -Portland
                  -Nashville
                  -Austin

Any local area experts have gripes/pros about any of these cities?
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Clare Hollingworth: British war correspondent dies aged 105 Rest in Peace, Clare. ht

Everyone at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Hong Kong knew of Clare, although she wasn't an easy person to get to know. I had 2-3 short conversations with her in the 1990s, and said hello whenever she was well enough to visit her favorite watering hole (and, the best bar in Asia).

RIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38573643

Hollingworth broke the story of Germany's invasion of Poland in August 1939. Her report featured on the front page of the Daily Telegraph on 29 August, 1939.

It is estimated that between March and July 1939 Clare helped to process visas for between 2,000 and 3,000 [Czechoslovakian] refugees to come to Britain and beyond.

A later exclusive, about the British spy Kim Philby, was spiked by The Guardian in 1963.

She narrowly escaped death herself in 1946 when a bomb blast destroyed the King David Hotel in Jerusalem.

Though diminutive and bespectacled, Hollingworth was as tough as nails. She learned how to fly and made a number of parachute jumps.

Hollingworth reported on the Algerian crisis and the Vietnam War. She was one of the first journalists to predict that American military muscle would not prevail and that a stalemate was inevitable.

Hollingworth … became the Telegraph's first Beijing correspondent in 1973, retired to Hong Kong in 1981.
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Stay away from Portland- too many butch lesbians and liberals who want to kill your fun.
                      Use enough gun

Comment

• IDK Butch lesbians have always been fun to party with

Comment

• Anyone else having a ridiculous flu season? More than half the people I know have gotten sick. My Wife seemed to get 2 different strains in a month.
                          "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                            Bachelor Party city recommendations? Right now we're looking at the following:

-Atlantic City
                            -Denver
                            -Charleston
                            -Portland
                            -Nashville
                            -Austin

Any local area experts have gripes/pros about any of these cities?
                            Dude, wtf, what about Vegas?

Go there, don't drink or gamble, save money for spending on bottle rats, night clubs and strip clubs :)
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• My buddy has specifically said in the past "I'm not the kind of guy who would go to Vegas " :(

We decided on staying local....easier for all the folks who can't actually take time off.

Also, now we are remodeling the house, which is an expensive endeavor. :(
                              Last edited by GVChamp; 12 Feb 17,, 14:30.

Comment

• How we remember our presidents

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
                                --Franklin D. Roosevelt.

The buck stops here.
                                --Harry S. Truman

We must guard against the military-industrial complex.
                                --Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."
                                --John F. Kennedy

I will go to China.
                                --Richard M. Nixon

I watch a lot of baseball on radio.
                                --Gerald R. Ford

We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles."
                                --James E. Carter

Mister Gorbachev, tear down this wall.
                                --Ronald W. Reagan

I want a kinder, gentler nation.
                                --George H.W. Bush

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be fixed with what is right with America.
                                --William J. Clinton

They misunderestimated me.”
                                --George W. Bush

We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.
                                --Barack H. Obama

"Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election."
                                --Donald J. Trump.
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X