Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a glorious morning. Slept in till late 0800, dog never bothered me till I woke up on my own. Sun is shining, wind - none.
    Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

• Originally posted by Debbie View Post
      What a glorious morning. Sun is shining, wind - none.
      Same here in Germany too, temp is 26°C and I'm just South of Munich.

I decided to take my toy's to the range and have some fun, here's a few pic's.

Had a blast.

Tony
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• It is warm as hell out here.

Almost roasted!

Walked to the bank which is a stone's throw away and the manager asked if I had just got out of the shower!

It couldn't get warmer!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Hmmm....it's 38 degrees F with a 20 MPH wind here in beautiful Michigan....any openings for phone men there in India Ray?
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Now, before we get our freak on, we need to mash up our beats:

Comment

• Went to the zoo today . At ogling surikati / meerkats display over 15 min., wife suddenly turned and said : I want to have a baby . Now . A surikati baby !
              If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

• Looks like the weather here has finally cleared up, but the news says that the bad weather is coming back.
                Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

• toemag, I thought guns were banned in Germany! ;)
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• 24 deg C here in Dorset today, and it's the middle of April. We forgot it wasn't summer and went for a swim in the sea. It was not summer. The water was so cold it hurt. (where is that ****ing Gulf Stream)

Comment

• Go to work outside today, gather some firewood and visited friends. Supposed to be 60 on Sunday. Will again gather firewood, leftover from today that did not fit on truck and spend the rest of the day clearing out a wooded area at home, taking a walk and visiting.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        toemag, I thought guns were banned in Germany! ;)
                        Nope, we that have jumped through all of the loop's and done the test's and belong to club's and, or go hunting are allowed to own firearm's. It isn't everyone's right to own a gun over here like in the US., we also have some strange law's about securing them against theft, misuse etc., and some restriction's exist as to how many we are allowed to own (pistol's & revolver's).

I'm on the range or out hunting a few time's a week, and really enjoy myself.

Having said that, it's another beautiful day here, and before it gets to hot out there I have to go repair a couple of fence's at the stables so that we can use the summer pasture in the coming week's.

Tony
                        Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

• After three weeks of simply glorious weather yesterday turned out to be grey and overcast with occasional rain. Awoke this morning to a dense fog with visibility about 50 metres. That's the kibosh on outside activities, so will continue decorating as part of the spring clean.
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
                            THL,

Mini you had all these ailments in Florida?

Hope she is well by now.

Wish her get well soon on my behalf.
                            No, we are home. Went to the Dr...turns out to be tonsilitis of some sort. Gave her Amox for that and Singulair to try and help with the suspected allergy to our furry four legged friends. As soon as she is better we will do an all over allergy test.

Thank you for your well wishes.:)
                            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• My small room mate asked me if a pixie is tinier that a fairy or if a fairy is tinier than a pixie.

I can say I do not know the answer.
                              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
                                After three weeks of simply glorious weather yesterday turned out to be grey and overcast with occasional rain. Awoke this morning to a dense fog with visibility about 50 metres. That's the kibosh on outside activities, so will continue decorating as part of the spring clean.
                                The power of geography: you can't be more than 150m West of here. It was misty first thing, but warm sunshine has been burning through; I had to take my t-shirt off on my walk this am.

So wtf am I doing at my computer now?. Answer: work to do: Paperwork . Or rather "Paper"work. I have found that all this talk about being "paperless" doesn't mean "paper"less. There's more than ever..

..as we are pushed progressively more into a brainless tickbox society. Passion, compassion and the ability to practice common sense are being sacrificed on the altar of yet another blinkered political doctrine. The public work force is being turned into a homogeneous mass of uncaring robots. But what do I care?

Now it's off my chest and I can get on.

Oh look. Here come some Cornish clouds.

Comment

Working...
                                X