• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to the range today. Weapons:

HK USP
    Mosin-Nagant M44
    Winchester Model 70
    AK47
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Must be feeling better. Good. Now stay away from the stones and nobody gets hurt.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Yep, feeling a lot better. Now I'm just putting myself even more into harm's way by playing with those toys...

There's something about shooting that just makes it the best stress reliever in the world.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
          Yep, feeling a lot better. Now I'm just putting myself even more into harm's way by playing with those toys...

There's something about shooting that just makes it the best stress reliever in the world.
          1) You are not putting yourself in harm's way by exersizing your second ammendment rights. Do not buy into the gun grabbin' mindset.
          2) You are right about the stress relived by shooting. That may explain why the anti gunners are so damned uptight.

Comment

Oh, I'm not buying into the antigun bit. I'm just saying that shooting has the potential to be very dangerous if it's not practiced in the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by leibstandarte10
              Oh, I'm not buying into the antigun bit. I'm just saying that shooting has the potential to be very dangerous if it's not practiced in the right way.
              Thats better. you just don't want to give those gun grabbin' bastards any ammo or reason to come in and take your guns, or mine, or anyone elses for that matter.

Comment

Trust me, nothing frightens and angers me more than the notion that I might someday be deprived of my firearms. Guns are my lifeblood, my passion.

Comment

I dont like how little birds hop instead of just walking like big birds (and I dont mean the big yellow bird, I mean parrots and the like).
                  "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                    I dont like how little birds hop instead of just walking like big birds (and I dont mean the big yellow bird, I mean parrots and the like).
                    That's weird. I was talking about that with my mom last night. Ever notice how almost all birds bob their heads when they walk? IIRC, that's actually because of the way they're built. They actually are not able to walk without bobbing their heads. Personally, I think sparrows hopping around are rather cute. I believe that they are capable of walking, but it's just not efficient for tiny birds like that. BTW, why parrots? I can't remember the last time I saw a parrot walking.
                    I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Usually the only time I see a parrot using its legs to move is when it goes from side to side on a perch in a cage.

Sparrows can move a lot faster by hopping than bigger birds can be walking normally.

Comment

I still do not like them - they freak me out. I dont really like birds in general - they look funny, like they are missing hair on top of their heads or something - its just not right.

(nothing personal about the hair comment TH ;) )
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

My cat brings home dead birds on occasion. They look even worse than the live ones.
                          "It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees" - Mikhail Bakunin

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                            BTW, why parrots? I can't remember the last time I saw a parrot walking.
                            I lived with an African Grey for 4 years. He offers to shake hands merely as a pretext to sinking that razor-sharp beak of his into your fingers.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
                              I lived with an African Grey for 4 years. He offers to shake hands merely as a pretext to sinking that razor-sharp beak of his into your fingers.
                              and that is what is so good about my cats - if they (well, Max, Chloe is too stupid to not like anyone) do not like you, then you know it up front. No lolly-gagging (or *****-footing) around. Birds you never know. They want so badly to "perch" that they will climb on someones hand knowing they wont like it and will bite. And those eyes!!! They have the most beady little eyes - like they are afraid to blink.

Comment

Unicorns

so i was thinking....Why can't unicorns be real? There are other animals (deer, moose, elk and the like) that have horns. Why can horses not have horn in the center of its head much like a rhino? I wonder if it would be possible to genetically mutate a horses DNA with that of a rhino and create a unicorn offspring?

Comment

Working...
                                X