Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i currently work for a bank (yay!! new job) and people will be so annoying despite actaully wanting to borrow money, i mean for f**ks sake, if you piss me off i won't lend you money...don't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
      Helpful hint for the day:

Glitter glue does not come out of a cats fur after it has dried.
      It does if you shave the cat
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by parihaka
        It does if you shave the cat
        i thought about that

so i have a short haired cat. most cats never go to the groomer to get haircuts. but when she was snipped, they shaved her tummy, and that fur grew back out to be the same length as the rest of her fur.

so my question is this: how does her fur know when to stop growing? how come it does not just keep getting longer like people's hair?
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

so my question is this: how does her fur know when to stop growing? how come it does not just keep getting longer like people's hair?
          For the same reason our eyebrows don't continue growing, thank god. Why that is, I have no idea
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
            Oh, it's crossed my mind several times... perhaps someday. It's hard to go from best friend to boyfriend though. We'll see.
            Friends with benefits
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

i thought about that

so i have a short haired cat. most cats never go to the groomer to get haircuts. but when she was snipped, they shaved her tummy, and that fur grew back out to be the same length as the rest of her fur.

My guess is genetically programed. Like the difference between long hair cats (Mancoons, Himalayans etc) and say Tabby's, Simese etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought
                Friends with benefits
                Not gonna happen. We're too close.
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Not gonna happen. We're too close.
                  Yeah that sucks been there

Comment

• Plus we're feuding at the moment so that seems an even more distant possibility.

But I really do LOVE her; not just like her, LOVE her. We usually get along great, always have something to talk about, similar senses of humor, we've always been there for each other, and she's a very pretty girl. Not to say she's the only one...

But she doesn't like me that way. Sometimes I wish I could just separate myself from her forever, like we never even met...
                    Last edited by leib10; 11 Jul 06,, 19:18.
                    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

That's the difference between "hair" and "fur."

Hair continues to grow.

Fur stops at a certain length. I guess it stops at a certain length, falls out, and new one takes over. That's when we see shedding.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I don't like The Simpsons.
                        What are you? A communist?
                        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Nope. I just never really got into it. Some of the earlier episodes were funny, but now they're all really, really bad. I watch it occasionally, and I may get a single chuckle out of an entire episode. Maybe. I just think it's really overrated.

Comment

Plus we're feuding at the moment so that seems an even more distant possibility.

But I really do LOVE her; not just like her, LOVE her. We usually get along great, always have something to talk about, similar senses of humor, we've always been there for each other, and she's a very pretty girl. Not to say she's the only one...

But she doesn't like me that way. Sometimes I wish I could just separate myself from her forever, like we never even met...
                            Ya never know man after time she just may figure out that it is you she wants to be with. However go live your life and if it happens it happens if not atleast you didnt waste your time waiting for her to come around and can still show gains my friend. ;)

Comment

• That's the general idea. My life cannot be and must never be dictated by anybody other than me. We're probably going to grow apart in these coming months anyway, as we won't have as much time for each other thanks to college and becoming 18, which means we can get into clubs.

So, das macht nicht.

Comment

That's the general idea. My life cannot be and must never be dictated by anybody other than me. We're probably going to grow apart in these coming months anyway, as we won't have as much time for each other thanks to college and becoming 18, which means we can get into clubs.

So, das macht nicht.
                                Oh man 18? Dont even think about it just go and live your life youll be thankfull later when you reflect. Ah to be 18 again Time turns the pages all too fast my friend as you will soon experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X