X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunnut
    You don't know about Nerf?

Nerf is a brand name for foam toys. We have nerf football, nerf bat, nerf baseball, nerf gun, nerf bow...pretty much any form of projectile has an equivalent nerf counterpart.
    I have an awesome nerf football rocket the kind that whistles when thrown when time calls for goofing off.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• I just had this conversation with my small room mate:

I was sitting on the couch with the smaller, stupider of our two cats, Chloe, and the wee one comes over donning a cape and asks, "Who is this lovely fe-lion?"

I reply, "It is a feline, not a fe-lion."

To which she says, "She may be dainty, but she is still a fe-lion." She then swirls off into her room.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• How far does this Nerf foam football travel?

It would be odd if it only flounced around instead of shooting out!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Who else here is completely sick of hearing about Tiger Woods?
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
            Who else here is completely sick of hearing about Tiger Woods?
            *THL raises her hand*
            "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Good, that's enough for me. I can honestly say that if golf never existed, I would not give a ****.
              "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
                Good, that's enough for me. I can honestly say that if golf never existed, I would not give a ****.
                I used to feel the same way, but I have been thinking of taking a golf class for no reason other than additional advancement in the company. Everytime I hear anyone talk about anything, it was done over a game of golf. They fly around the country to play golf. I have been invited and I have to laugh. I pity anyone who comes within 6 feet of me and a golf club - even a mini golf putter. It'd be dangerous.

I have managed to advance in the two years I have been there and would like to continue and fear golf would give me an advantage...or at least let me get to travel around for no reason other than to chase a white ball with a stick and try not to get it in the water.

If it were not for all that, I'd have no interest. But who knows, maybe if I understood it I'd feel different.

Comment

• Tiger Woods is one of the finest players of golf and will become a legend like Jack Nicklaus.

Therefore, one has to get used to this fact that Tiger Woods will always be there whenever golf is played or thought or spoken about.

It is not a "stick". It is a "club".

And golf is not such an easy game either.

And golf is a game where you cannot blame anyone, not even the referee or linesman, if you mess up your game.

A great game to play.

And the great feeling of being with Mother Nature in all her elements!

You must do a round of golf in blinding rain. It is such fun!
                  Last edited by Ray; 27 Aug 06,, 08:08.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray
                    It is not a "stick". It is a "club".
                    A "Club" is a sandwich to me, Ray, or a place to go with music and bartenders. :)

Originally posted by Ray
                    And golf is a game where you cannot blame anyone, not even the referee or linesman, if you mess up your game.
                    Not true - I have heard many a tale of the wind messing up an otherwise perfectly good game.

;)

Comment

• Somebody shot my dog

I was brushing my dog after a long walk when I noticed she had a red swollen area around a single fresh puncture wound in front of her chest. My thought was maybe a nonlinear snake bite? Yeah right, I mean have you ever seen a one toothed rattlesnake? I guess that would be ole Snaggletooth!
                      I have seen two rattlesnakes in as many weeks. I figured wait and see.Two hours later the swelling was noticeably increased so I took the dog the the "emergency" vet because it's Sunday. X rays showed a BB pellet had bounced of her ribcage and lodged just forward of her shoulder. The dog is going to be OK. :) You don't want to know how much this cost me.

Wait until I find out who shot my dog...
                      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Wow no joke. People who shoot others' pets piss me off to no end. It takes a mean, cold person to do something like that.

Comment

• Stand Klar!

My internal clock is all messed up. My dog and I always "stand to" mornings and evenings by taking long walks. Now she's on "light duty", meaning no walks per doctors orders.
                          It's a good thing I don't know who shot my dog. This has allowed me to behave in a manner more befitting my station. If history is any guide I probably would have broken the miscreant's arm with a promise to visit again in six weeks for the other one. This is better. :)
                          Now my dog and I have something in common, extra pieces of metal floating around inside. I wonder if she'll be able to tell when it's going to rain? ;)
                          Last edited by sappersgt; 28 Aug 06,, 18:30.
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• [QUOTE]
                            Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                            A "Club" is a sandwich to me, Ray, or a place to go with music and bartenders. :)
                            Ah but then "Clud" does have different connotations.

The type of club that you allude to, would not be what I think is a Club (
                            Captial 'C'). It would be a place where I can take my guests for a quick drink, snacks, small talk and maybe dinner and cigar! Memebrs only;)

What you call a Club would be a restaurant with a bar!

Not true - I have heard many a tale of the wind messing up an otherwise perfectly good game.

;)

Not wind.

Golf is a game for the sophisticated. Breeze would be more appropriate. Wind would be like "breaking wind". Though I admit that can mess up a stroke!

I hope you are seeing red!

Because you are as cute as Little Red Riding Hood and I am the Big Bad Wolf! ;)

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt
                              The dog is going to be OK. :)
                              I am so sorry, but glad she is going to be ok. I do so hope all works out well with her.

Comment

• Cutie pie vet

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                                I am so sorry, but glad she is going to be ok. I do so hope all works out well with her.
                                Yeah, she's going to be OK. I think she liked all the attention. I've got the only dog who LIKES going to the vet!

Comment

Working...
                                X