Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I able to solve the mystery of mobile toilet for astronauts, thus enabling the colonization of space, will be known tomorrow.

https://herox.com/SpacePoop

Comment

• Aaaand nope....Well at least it was a fun ride.

This was the design for space underwear capable of containing biological waste, designed for MACES suit. The idea was that there is a collector in the groin area which has closed circuit air system that pushes the biological waste into the hoses located on the side. Since they required it to operate for six days, I've placed four hoses on the side and a timer which activates them. So basically there are three hoses active for two days and one spare, used in the case of emergency.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Versus; 16 Feb 17,, 18:41.

Comment

• Out of curiosity why was the 2017 American Politics Thread closed? Normally this happens after a couple of contributors get into a 'cat fight' and a Mod has to step in, but even then a warning is usually issued. Didn't seem to be any of that going on - its just closed.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Versus View Post
          Aaaand nope....Well at least it was a fun ride.

This was the design for space underwear capable of containing biological waste, designed for MACES suit. The idea was that there is a collector in the groin area which has closed circuit air system that pushes the biological waste into the hoses located on the side. Since they required it to operate for six days, I've placed four hoses on the side and a timer which activates them. So basically there are three hoses active for two days and one spare, used in the case of emergency.
          And female astronauts?
          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
            Out of curiosity why was the 2017 American Politics Thread closed? Normally this happens after a couple of contributors get into a 'cat fight' and a Mod has to step in, but even then a warning is usually issued. Didn't seem to be any of that going on - its just closed.
            I'm hoping it's just a mis-click by one of the mods.

We can blame JAD or Pari or Asty since they're the only ones with god powers to visit that page recently.

Comment

• My wife says, "London buses are like radishes. They're red, and they come in bunches."

(I say, why do I have so much trouble loading pictures right-side up?)
              Attached Files
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

• Pro-tip: spray on suntan is not a good substitute for real sun tan lotion. Poor full-body burns....
                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                  My wife says, "London buses are like radishes. They're red, and they come in bunches."

(I say, why do I have so much trouble loading pictures right-side up?)
                  Because you are in England and have to make everything the opposite?
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• A German SWAT team today shot a guy who was riding a bicycle on a motorway, carrying a lifesize plush black panther. Both the man and the panther were wearing Guy Fawkes masks.

Comment

• I was looking for something on Hong Kong, which I didn't find. What I did find is my original "introduce yourself" post. Highly educational. I strongly recommend going back and looking at your own intro post. Most entertaining ...

Even Col. Yu was glad to see me!
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Painting the master bedroom. Prior home-owner was a lazy git: she painted nails instead of pounding them into the wall. In some sections, here paint job didn't entirely cover the old paint job, so I can still see specks of the prior color.

Granted I am probably going to screw up, but at least I am not going to be a lazy idiot, just a regular idiot!
                        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Is that email real, or fake?

How can one tell if an email is real, i.e., from an actual person you may know or maybe containing something you want to see? Here’s a few simple hints that I gleaned from the accumulated trash of a single 10-day period (all of this can be seen without opening the email, which is a very, very bad idea):—

If it’s from the United Nations and it starts out “CONGRATULATIONS MY DEAR…” bin it. The UN doesn't do lotteries.

“Hello, I’m contacting you with good intentions …” No, you’re not. You’re trying to steal my money.

Subject line: FedEx International # 32548. But, the email is from [email protected] … I don’t think so.

Greetings from John F. Kelly, U.S.A. Homeland Security Department … from [email protected] ain’t from one of the junta.

“FROM THE UNITED NATIONS APOLICE (UNPOL) … First clue: the UN does not have a police force. If you didn’t know this, why would they contact you? Second clue: UN staff are highly professional. That means they generally know that the cap lock is on.

Attention Beneficiary: The International Monetary Fund … and it’s from WESTERN UNION AGENT … The IMF uses Western Union? And, has some kind of beneficiary policy? And, can’t find the cap lock?

You have (1) Inbox Message. This is preceded by a couple of emoticons, and followed by four more. Oh, and the senders email address also has flashing emoticons. Emphasis on the “con.”

CONGRATULATIONS (that’s the email address, not the subject line). We have been trying to reach you [and this part is your email address, not your name].
                          Trust me?
                          I'm an economist!

Comment

• LoL!

Football Fans Get Around Face Covering Ban by Wearing Islamic Niqabs

Football Fans Get Around Face Covering Ban by Wearing Islamic Niqabs
                            footballTwitter / passionfootclub
                            by OLIVER JJ LANE
                            5 Apr 2017
                            Defying a new Swedish law that prohibits full face coverings at public events, such as political rallies and sports matches, keen football (soccer) fans donned Islamic garments at the game instead.
                            Members of the so-called AIK Ultras, the dedicated fans of Stockholm’s Allmänna Idrottsklubben (AIK) team, also unfurled a giant banner at the match in Sweden Sunday thanking the law for a religious provision loophole.

Swedish law specifically bans people in “a public place attending a public meeting under the Public Order Act” if there is a disturbance of the peace, or “immediate danger of such a breach” — making full face coverings generally illegal at football games. Those breaking the law can be fined or imprisoned for up to six months.

Yet understanding of particular religious minorities in Sweden means the second paragraph of the face covering law created an exception: “The ban does not apply to covering the face for religious reasons.”

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...face-covering/
                            Last edited by YellowFever; 05 Apr 17,, 19:58.

Comment

• These are priceless:

http://www.petaluma360.com/news/6833...deo?artslide=0

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...dy-song-m.html

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anti-trum.html
                              Trust me?
                              I'm an economist!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170410_234700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1470750

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170410_234622.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	49.9 KB