• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some bleach for my eyes....
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

• What exactly are they putting in Nyquil these days? Absinthe?
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Turkey Day Thoughts:

-My Mother-In-Law can't cook.
        -My siblings-In-Law can't cook, either.
        -my poor father-in-law
        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Woo hoo!!!!

Did the usual annual visit to the Southwest national parks thing for the last two weeks and I managed to stay off-line for most of that time.

Of course I checked in for about a minute here and a minute there into my favorite forums but I managed to keep that to a minimum 3 or 4 times in the past two weeks so I'm patting myself on the back for that feat.

One thing that did grate (or amused the hell out of me...can't decide which) on my nerve is a hiker (or rather 3 of them) that I saw on a hike to Angel's Landing in Zion NP.

These guys were decked out with the latest hiking gear from REI, with $400 boots and $200 backpacks (the kind you see worn by hikers going on weeks long hike trips) with compasses and water purifiers (yes...water purifiers) not to mention two bottles of "Smart Water" on each side of the backpacks....into basically a 6 hour roundtrip hike with mostly paved trails.

One of them had a GoPro on a selfie stick aimed at themselves talking about how "it was great to get away from" the city.

Anyway, what was funny was that the guy with the GoPro was talking and complaining into his camera about how their hike is ruined by "so many people" on the trail and that these other people were "not experiencing what nature can do for the human body" but rather talking about mundane daily life stuff while hiking when they could do that at home and that the national parks were being "totally ruined" by so many people visiting them.

The other two snerts were, of course, agreeing with him.

The irony was great to say the least.

So if you happen see a video of three millenial punks in their early twenties on You Tube about how they connected with nature and if you also happen to see an Asian guy about about 10 feet behind them who can't seem to stop laughing, rest assured, you have seen my magnificent face. :P
          Last edited by YellowFever; 04 Dec 16,, 22:36.

Comment

• *Heading to You Tube*

Did you wore the ring, the one Julie caught you on a pic with? :)
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
              Woo hoo!!!!

Zion National Park, and nearby Bryce, are magic ...
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

• I see you hang out with annoying Yuppies :P I certainly hope they remember their Gore-Tex....

Looking forward to hitting up Zion next fall if scheduling permits.
                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Don't knock the Gore-tex. Works well as a component for quite a few decent hard-wearing boots, IIRC.
                  All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                  -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    *Heading to You Tube*

Did you wore the ring, the one Julie caught you on a pic with? :)
                    Nah...

Gave up the rings a long time ago. It made me look like a guru and a monk combined.

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    Zion National Park, and nearby Bryce, are magic ...
                    Yes it is.

Try it this time of year if you can. The winds are biting cold (which is strangely nice) and you might even see some nice frost. It was awesome.

Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                    I see you hang out with annoying Yuppies :P I certainly hope they remember their Gore-Tex....

Looking forward to hitting up Zion next fall if scheduling permits.
                    These weren't Yuppies. More like Yuppy larva....still in college and not old enough to contribute anything to society. Same advice to you as to DOR. This time of year is awesome. Just check the weather and road conditions before you commit to the trek.

Comment

• Spent most of the day X-mas shopping with the wife.

The biggest threat to the world isn't global warming or Putin or Trump but rather two huge women fighting over a last boxed set of Le Creuset frying pan.

If the U.S. Protected our secrets like they fought over those pans, we would be invincible to any sort of hacking.

Comment

• Lol, sounds about right. Le Creuset is pretty high quality, pretty expensive, and currently on a big sale.

I was thinking about getting some all-clad dishes, but ended up getting some indestructible glasses instead. They better survive Hiroshima for what I paid (wife insisted I get the indestructible ones after my track record of accidentally smashing them and the presence of small children that love to crush them).

Comment

• X-mas is the only time of year where I get to save some money.

Wife is busy buying gifts for friends and family.

It keeps her preoccupied and not buying shoes for herself.

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                            X-mas is the only time of year where I get to save some money.

Wife is busy buying gifts for friends and family.

It keeps her preoccupied and not buying shoes for herself.
                            So Jacob Marley is coming to your house then , tight wad wanker , Eberneezer .,,,,,,,,,m/xmas tight arse

Comment

• This is the time of year I can justify expensive roasts and making tons of food. Also when I can get away with having leftovers. I mean, I made all this pork roast, I'm not going to let it go to waste, right?!

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                                So Jacob Marley is coming to your house then , tight wad wanker , Eberneezer .,,,,,,,,,m/xmas tight arse
                                In this age of sexual confusion, better to be a tight arse than a loose arse.

Merry Christmas wanker.

Save some x-mas grog of the rest of the country. :P
                                Last edited by YellowFever; 14 Dec 16,, 16:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X