This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gunnut
    Headline News was just talking about that. They listed a bunch of "peculiarities" about Tom and Kate's alleged baby. The birth certificate was signed by a nurse, more than 20 days after the "supposed" birth of the child. No one has actually seen this baby.
    Supposed? She can't hold it in forever.

Originally posted by gunnut
    Where's Katie?
    Katie has been kidnapped by a group of masked Scientologists
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• I am looking at my bottle of water (I gotta get off nights, I am finding way too much senseless stuff to do) and it says it is "enhanced" "for taste". It tastes like any other bottle of water I have had. No enhancement. None.
      "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

• Currently I am the only one online! Yea Me!!

I believe I remember someone saying once that they had or wanted to post in all the threads that were showing so that their name would be the only one up there on the front page - tempting...very tempting, but there is this one mod that has had it out for me ever since I was reinstated after I first joined and he had me banned so I am going to pass up this opportunity.
        Last edited by THL; 14 Jul 06,, 11:15.

Comment

• Today I saw a truck being carried away by a large body of water that was caused by a deluge that took place today. The truck was washed down the street and crashed into a sign, levelling it. The owner had bailed out and was powerless to prevent anything from happening.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• I saw a yellow Lambourgini Diablo drive by the street in front of my house today.

And I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite.

It's hot here.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by leibstandarte10
              Today I saw a truck being carried away by a large body of water that was caused by a deluge that took place today. The truck was washed down the street and crashed into a sign, levelling it. The owner had bailed out and was powerless to prevent anything from happening.
              In El Paso? I know you guys have flash floods, but that sounds positively Noahic in size.
              Originally posted by gunnut
              I saw a yellow Lambourgini Diablo drive by the street in front of my house today.
              Nice. Best I've ever seen was a Ford GT on the interstate.
              I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

• It was the strangest thing ever. El Paso's soil is very poor when it comes to retaining water, and the city itself has a large mountain dividing it, hence, all the water runs downhill, which is how such a thing could happen.
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut
                  I saw a yellow Lambourgini Diablo drive by the street in front of my house today.

And I just bought a Nintendo DS Lite.

It's hot here.
                  Hot here too today. We stayed in except for one mini trip to the gas station 1st thing in the morning so that we could enjoy cookie crisp and then one mini trip in the early evening to get corn flakes and marshmallows to make a rice crispie treat concoction (without the rice crispies) for the child to take to daycare tomorrow.

My aunt makes these @ XMas time and colors the marshmallows green before she mixes them all up and then puts some red cinnamon hearts on top to make them look like holly. Instead of putting in into a pan like rice crispie treats, you just make blobs of them and let them cool. I like these with corn flakes better than rice crispie treats.

Comment

• A couple of "co-workers" and I danced at the opening at a fashion show today. The DJ was a complete moron, unable to follow the simple instructions to fade the songs after two minutes, instead abruptly cutting them and screwing up the exits. Even after being reminded the DJ failed to follow the simple instructions. Other than almost tripping on a crack in the floor, the show went relatively well.

Comment

• I went to the county fair Friday night. Saw a bunch of farm animals that I don't normally have a chance to see. I'm a city slicker

I saw cows, pigs, goats, sheeps (shaved, feels like the shammy I use to wash my car with ), and a bunch of other baby animals at the petting zoo. Now I think about it, I don't think there were any horses.

Comment

• I cant sleep...

...and not just because I am now afraid clowns will eat me

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                          I cant sleep...
                          Count some sheeps?

Take a leap?

How about some marshmellow Peeps?

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                            I cant sleep...

...and not just because I am now afraid clowns will eat me

You can catch some z's ?

Count by three's?

All or none of these!
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

• During another visit to the firing range, I received the opportunity to fire 2 more new weapons to me: the M1 Carbine and Ishapore Enfield in .308.

First was the Enfield. I like the U-notch rear sights much, much better than the apeture sights on the No. 4 rifle. Recoil was milder as well. The bolt action was rather stiff but functional. All in all a nice rifle.

The M1 Carbine was a blast. Very lightweight, light recoil as expected, and nice sights combined to make a very fun gun to shoot. I hit a target at 100 yards 6 times in a row. I'd get one if not for the price.

None of this would've been possible if not for the very polite fellow shooters that are out there. Usually all one has to do is offer a try or two with your gun and then they will let you give theirs a shot. Some of the nicest, most polite people in my city are to be met there. They are almost always white. Mexicans tend to be rude and bossy, although a few are very kind.

Comment

• I'm never going to forgive America for Adam Sandler. It's just to much to ask.
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X