Heavy Warload Pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Warload Pics...

Don't know if this is the correct forum for these (a mod will surely move it if it is misplaced... ;) ) But I saw the idea on another forum and kinda liked it..

A place to post your aircraft pics with the biggest weapon loads...

The bigger the better...

I especially like the Pig pic second from last...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PubFather; 07 Jun 06,, 22:49.

Yeah, you got the right forum. ;)
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Beautiful pics PubFather, keep 'em coming.

1 PGM might be more effective, but it's a much better picture to have a dozen dumb bombs hanging on the wings of a strike fighter.

Although...can somebody tell me what the heck that black panel on the A-6 are for, especially the holes. Thanks
      Attached Files
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

That looks like an air break.

F-15 has it on the back; F-14 has it in between the 2 rudders; F-16 has a pair on either side of the jet nozzle.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut
          That looks like an air break.

F-15 has it on the back; F-14 has it in between the 2 rudders; F-16 has a pair on either side of the jet nozzle.
          That's the answer possibly. The holes could be there to avoid condensation water. I've seen that at a MiG-29 ones. There where fasteners which closed automatically in higher levels because of the preasure.

Edit: The more I think about it...airbrakes on the sides in front of the wings? Possibly it's simply a maintanance panel.
          Last edited by JG73; 07 Jun 06,, 19:27.
          >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

Here's a delineation made with paint to show how the mechanism worked
            Attached Files
            >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

heavy, heavy
              >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

Not quite as heavy - but still goes boom...!!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JG73
                  Edit: The more I think about it...airbrakes on the sides in front of the wings? Possibly it's simply a maintanance panel.
                  They're behind the wing but in front of the stablizers.

If I recall correctly, F-86 has a pair at almost the same place as the ones we see on the A-6 picture. Of course the ones on the A-6 is behind the jet exhaust and the ones on the F-86 would obviously be in front of the exhaust.
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

And a few more.... just because they are rather good...
                    Attached Files

Comment

A few more.. c'mon there must be more peeps with large bombload pics out there...
                      Attached Files

Comment

What missile is this???
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PubFather
                          What missile is this???
                          Offhand, I'd say an AGM-130.
                          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Some serious Harpoon capacity
                            Attached Files

Comment

How's this for heavy? The 42,000-lb T12 instant earthquake maker.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X