American heritage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timur View Post
    American heritage is firstly and above all Germanic!Germanic means ;anglo-saxons,Franks,germans,dutch,swedes,norwegians et etc and also peoples of the latin race.

These are the main ruling body of America,except the latins who really iperhaps equal in numbers!

What is American today? İf I migrate today to America,I am also an American!Tahat ı would be proud of!,in such a case!

When one talks about America or United states,it is not ethnicity but rather a group of diffferent ethnicities combined which make up a nation!

However,the first founders are Germanic,of course!Later there were migrations of other ethnicities!..

Regards

Timur
    You seem to be very obsessed with race.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I think he uses the term ''race'' in one of its old meanings-peoples,ethnicity...

Btw,nobody on Earth is more obsessed about ''race''(in its modern meaning) than Americans.

Mihais out (of the minefield)
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
        I think he uses the term ''race'' in one of its old meanings-peoples,ethnicity...

Btw,nobody on Earth is more obsessed about ''race''(in its modern meaning) than Americans.

Mihais out (of the minefield)
        You should not have stepped in.

Japan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Gulf Arabs and many many others have racial views that make most Americans disciples of Dr. King. Oh wait, most Americans are disciples of Dr. King in one form or another. The only place where race is really an issue is a small minority of the rural south and mountain west as well as the Urban Ghetto from the opposite side. Most Americans don't give a F'ck about race. Now immigration status is another issue, but that is less tied to race that some would like others to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          You seem to be very obsessed with race.

Actually I hate rascism!But since races exist,I only stated facts!As far as racism is concerned ,I do not think you could beat European nations.Both rascism and nationalism are two idealogies that emerged in Europe,not in Asia.

Regards,

Timur

Comment

For a guy named Timur, you sure ignored China, the Central Kingdom, and their views towards the barbarians. How about Japan not giving Koreans citizenship even though they were 4th generation decendents of slave labourers brought over by Japan herself?

No one is clean but to state that Europe alone is ugly means you haven't looked in the mirror lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              For a guy named Timur, you sure ignored China, the Central Kingdom, and their views towards the barbarians. How about Japan not giving Koreans citizenship even though they were 4th generation decendents of slave labourers brought over by Japan herself?

No one is clean but to state that Europe alone is ugly means you haven't looked in the mirror lately.

I need to repeat gain hat rascism and nationalism first emerged in Europe.Having said that I have nothing against Europe or Europeans.

Now,pls tell me what views did the Chinese hold towards ''barbarians''?

And this statement of yours''you havent looked in the mirror lately'' .Do you mean to talk about Turkey's kurdish problem,be a little bit more open,so that I can comment.Remember that I am a foreigner and can not speak /understand English as much as most here.

Regards,

Timur

Comment

One thing.I agree that noone is clean.

Regards,

Timur

Comment

Chinese history is repeated with extermination campaigns against those who were not Han and even Han against Han when they were not the proper kingdoms. The tales of the Three Kingdoms are ones of bloodshed and genocide.

And this statement of yours''you havent looked in the mirror lately'' .
                  What did Timur do to Istanbul and Afghanistan?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    Chinese history is repeated with extermination campaigns against those who were not Han and even Han against Han when they were not the proper kingdoms. The tales of the Three Kingdoms are ones of bloodshed and genocide.

What did Timur do to Istanbul and Afghanistan?

What did Timur do to İstanbul?Tell me!I bet you know it wrong?You will talk about the 2 Turks in a battle field.

I guess you try to mention Timur against Yildirim bayezid.Tell me more about that!

Are you one those that consider Timur as so-called Mongol?

Even Genghis by birth not 100% mongol.

Regards,

Timur

Comment

What did Timur do to İstanbul?Tell me!I bet you know it wrong?You will talk about the 2 Turks in a battle field.
                      Does it change the fact that every man, woman, child, dog was put to the sword on the basis that they were not Timur's people?

You tell him that.

Comment

Are you one those that consider Timur as so-called Mongol?

I've seen enough. You're a bloody racist. The Turks are the greatest people on earth, better than anyone else and what they do to each other is not racism, not in the least.

Don't want your kind here.

Comment

from these 3 options i would choose Rome.

but i think basic American Character is based on the rebellion of individuals against a powerful authority.

i think todays American Character is most likely reflects this issue.
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

I need to repeat gain hat rascism and nationalism first emerged in Europe.Having said that I have nothing against Europe or Europeans.

And this statement of yours''you havent looked in the mirror lately'' .Do you mean to talk about Turkey's kurdish problem,be a little bit more open,so that I can comment.Remember that I am a foreigner and can not speak /understand English as much as most here.

Regards,

Timur
                            Racism and ideas that one's own people are superior to others are as old as mankind. For example, Indonesia used to be exclusively populated by people of the type that today live in Papua New Guinea. What happened to them?

In India the beginnings of the caste system have their basis in skin color. Fair skinned conquerors = high caste, dark skinned natives = low caste.

The Chinese for centuries thought they were superior to all else and existed on a plane between heaven and earth. They didn't get that idea from Marco Polo.

Bushmen once populated half of Africa. Today they are about relatively as common as natives in the US. What happened to them? The Bantus.

IIRC, the colloquial Arabic term for a black person translates as "slave". Black slavery was a practice that was actually picked up by Europeans from Arabs.

Every culture in the world has racial and ethnic slurs, and had them before they even heard of Europeans.

For thousands of years entire peoples (distinct in culture, language, and appearance) have been put to the sword on that basis.

If you think all this stuff originated with Europeans, you're either ignorant, delusional, or both. And it seems like both.
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Very good post Ironduke.

Lots of morons like this one on the five continents.

Comment

I would vote for Rome.

Comment

Working...
                                X