Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Pakistan govt decides to make new provinces’

‘Pakistan govt decides to make new provinces’

TEHRAN: The government has decided in principle to increase the number of provinces in Pakistan to 10, Radio Tehran reported.

Punjab, the largest province, will be divided into three parts: Potohar, Southern Punjab and Central Punjab. Sindh will also be divided into three units. NWFP will be divided into two units, according to the report.

Radio Tehran said the costal belt from Gwadar to Makran would also be made a separate administrative unit.

The federal government will lead the federation and the elected assemblies of the ten provinces will choose the chief ministers. Various political and regional parties have long demanded new provinces in Pakistan. Online

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-5-2006_pg7_35

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

That would only complicate matters. What a mess it would be
    Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
    Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Indian States was reorganised on liguistic and cultural.

It only adds to subnationalism.

In a way, the bifurcation of the States of Pakistan is a good action in so far as subduing subnationalism.

I think it is a brilliant plan wherein subnationalism will be underplayed and the Federal structure would be stronger.

Of course, there is no doubt that since the current form has been for a long time, there will be resentment, but then that will pass as time goes by.

A good plan!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

wld make it easier to suppress uprisings in baluchistan & waziristn??

plus keep gwadar away from baluchi nuisance,allow more govt. control over gwadar?

Comment

Unfortuantely the report wasa hoax, otherwise every media source in the country would have carried the story, it's also around 4-5 days old btw. Politics has been revolusionized under Musharraf, local assembiles and provincianal governemnt have more power than ever before and will now be in charge of health care, education and investment and trade within thier provinces too.

What we need now is a break up of the provinces into at least 20-30 smaller regions, all with high levels of control. Sure it maes more beurocrats but used correctly it puts power to the people, gives them evenmore of a chance to run thier own destiny, a truer essence to democracy.

Comment

Seems smart with me would make it almost impossible for the mullah's to take control know

Comment

They where never taking control, they where only allowed tot ake part in the elections as it broke away a huge part of the voting block of the PPP who was pretty sure of tiself, since then the mullah's have just bickered amongst themselves, bickered amongst parties they alllied with, thrown accusations at each other, shown why they should be a stage show not a government.

just watch the next election, it's going to be about PPPP and PML-Q.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786

just watch the next election, it's going to be about PPPP and PML-Q.
                It will be Musharraf all the way, no matter which political party wins!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                  It will be Musharraf all the way, no matter which political party wins!
                  true that!
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

that Sir is the best bit!

Comment

Working...
                    X