Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright people. Does this place really deserve its name???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemesis
    Not really, no, not for most of the things you've listed. I still don't really get the afformentioned post's point.
    He's pointing out that those are all current topics at WAB.

The "New posts" feature allows you to see the new posts since your last visit.

Apparently Pari had just logged in, and all those subjects had new posts or new threads relating to/discussing them.

Comment

Is that the same as me being friends with my downstairs negihbor Rasheed, a young black guy that has had an extension cord running from my ap't into his for the last month so he can have electricity(on my dime) because he can't afford to pay his electric bill, just because i like him?
      Sorry he is just robbing you...
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
        One bit of absolutely crucial advice: develop a thick skin, and quick. I mean bulletproof, fire proof...Sniper proof. LOL. No offense, Sniper. ;)
        None taken. :)

Comment

Originally posted by troung
          Sorry he is just robbing you...
          Nah, dude's good for it. He's the sort whose worth helping. He has extenuating circumstances.

Comment

Thats a really nice thing to do...

=====

Far more noble then refusing to hand that "African" kid in math class a pencil and pretending he didn't just speak to you... as your palms sweat, knees knock and pants get a wet spot... and after class wondering if he can do a tribal dance...
            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by troung
              Thats a really nice thing to do...

=====

Far more noble then refusing to hand that "African" kid in math class a pencil and pretending he didn't just speak to you... as your palms sweat, knees knock and pants get a wet spot... and after class wondering if he can do a tribal dance...
              LOL......

OH SNAP! HERE COMES A DARKIE!

HIDE!

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper
                He's pointing out that those are all current topics at WAB.

The "New posts" feature allows you to see the new posts since your last visit.

Apparently Pari had just logged in, and all those subjects had new posts or new threads relating to/discussing them.
                Yep. I was cruising through all those threads and more while he was still pontificating about what a boring lot we were and why he wasn't sure why he was gracing our presence.
                A simple heads up both confused him and lead him to give me a lecture on how I should make better use of my linguistic skills if I wished to talk to him, at which point I took a deep breath and reminded myself of something I learned a while ago: if Snipe takes agin someone, there's usually a good reason
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

And i would opine that if you go to any new locale and basically start out by straight away biitching about how dysfunctional it and the people that populate it are, you'll find that a lot of those people will be prone to get highly annoyed, and will therefore tend to treat you rudely as a direct result.
                  One of the top 3 mistakes made by new members to the WAB, IMHO.
                  Probably to any message board or community for that matter.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
                    One bit of absolutely crucial advice: develop a thick skin, and quick. I mean bulletproof, fire proof...Sniper proof. LOL. No offense, Sniper. ;)
                    I know he is a "F".
                    Last edited by T-bone; 26 May 06,, 13:13.
                    Meat cutting classification NAMP 1174; the porterhouse is NAMP 1173.

Comment

Keep making assumptions about me, buddy. I'm not rich, but I do see Hispanic immigrants mowing the lawns of the rich neighborhoods, and yeah, I think they deserve fair wages for doing so. Get over it.
                      What is a fair wage? Some arbitrary wage dictated to others, or what people are willing to pay and what people willing to work agree upon? Seriously, I was mowing my parents own lawn at around 11 or 12 years of age - it isn't rocket science.
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                        I took a deep breath and reminded myself of something I learned a while ago: if Snipe takes agin someone, there's usually a good reason
                        I am duly honored to be your personal barometer in such issues. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone
                          I know he is a "F".
                          I trust you mean that in a good way?

Comment

I trust you mean that in a good way?
                            I really meant "Extraverted Feeling".

Extraverted Feeling is concerned with the likes and dislikes of others and what is socially appropriate rather than what is fair or just. It organizes the external world according to interpersonal relationships.

The extraverted feeling type follows fashion and seeks to harmonize personal feelings with general social values. Thinking is always subordinate to feeling and is ignored or repressed if intellectual conclusions fail to confirm the convictions of the heart. When this type is extreme or neurotic, feeling may become gushing or extravagant and dependent upon momentary enthusiasms that may quickly turn about with changing circumstances. Such a person may therefore seem hysterical, fickle, moody or even to be suffering from multiple personality. Repressed thinking may also erupt in infantile, negative, obsessive ways. This can lead to the attribution of dreaded characteristics to the very objects or people that are most loved and valued.

But I do suppose he is that sometimes also.
                            Meat cutting classification NAMP 1174; the porterhouse is NAMP 1173.

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone
                              I really meant "Extraverted Feeling".

Extraverted Feeling is concerned with the likes and dislikes of others and what is socially appropriate rather than what is fair or just. It organizes the external world according to interpersonal relationships.

The extraverted feeling type follows fashion and seeks to harmonize personal feelings with general social values. Thinking is always subordinate to feeling and is ignored or repressed if intellectual conclusions fail to confirm the convictions of the heart. When this type is extreme or neurotic, feeling may become gushing or extravagant and dependent upon momentary enthusiasms that may quickly turn about with changing circumstances. Such a person may therefore seem hysterical, fickle, moody or even to be suffering from multiple personality. Repressed thinking may also erupt in infantile, negative, obsessive ways. This can lead to the attribution of dreaded characteristics to the very objects or people that are most loved and valued.

But I do suppose he is that sometimes also.

LOL, and the Nemesis fan club grows even larger. ;)

Comment

Not really, no, not for most of the things you've listed. I still don't really get the afformentioned post's point.
                                How ironic. You have a picture of Lincoln posted, and yet a post that revolves around Lincoln doesn't suit your fancy. Do you like anything besides *****ing?
                                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                                X