Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright people. Does this place really deserve its name???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemesis
    Not really, no, not for most of the things you've listed. I still don't really get the afformentioned post's point.
    I get it now, but it only applies if you are using WAB Light.
    If you have a dark blue background, you won't see this option.

It's a button in the top menu that allows you to see at a glance all new posts that have been recently made.

It's a good way to pick and choose what currently active threads you'd like to participate in.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Not really, no, not for most of the things you've listed. I still don't really get the afformentioned post's point.
      Well gosh dang, I'm obviously just far too obtuse..........................
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Neither did I. I've looked around more, and I see that my complaint wasn't all that well founded, and while people do have a little bit of an emotional attachment to the subjects their arguing (which isn't always a bad thing) I generally like the attitude and posting styles of people I see.
        Good to hear. I've been lurking on this board for about 2 years (just now actually registered) and the discussions tend to change greatly from week to week, both in volume, subject, and quality. I remember some truly horrific threads a while back, just went on and on, (I hate you, I hate you back, you're stupid, you lack the logic, nyet nyet, you're all f**king morons!, etc, etc, etc). It's a good place, with many well balanced people, and a few utter maniacs like me.
        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral
          I remember some truly horrific threads a while back, just went on and on, (I hate you, I hate you back, you're stupid, you lack the logic, nyet nyet, you're all f**king morons!, etc, etc, etc).
          I think I'm already experiencing one of those...

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
            Well gosh dang, I'm obviously just far too obtuse..........................
            No, you just could've worded it better. What was the point? Were you trying to call me stupid? mean? purple? what?

Comment

No, you just could've worded it better. What was the point? Were you trying to call me stupid? mean? purple? what?
              One bit of absolutely crucial advice: develop a thick skin, and quick. I mean bulletproof, fire proof...Sniper proof. LOL. No offense, Sniper. ;)

Comment

Oh relax and find yourself a non-military thread.
                They're everywhere. Maybe not active but you can alway revive one.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

One bit of absolutely crucial advice: develop a thick skin, and quick.
                  Oh, but they're sooo much fun when they're still all soft and sensitive

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                    Oh, but they're sooo much fun when they're still all soft and sensitive
                    Yessss, the tender little hobbitses are sweet and crunchable, no?

Comment

Yessss, the tender little hobbitses are sweet and crunchable, no?
                      LOL
                      Originally posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
                      I think we might have made a mistake leaving the Shire, Pippin.

Leibniz

Comment

Keep making assumptions about me, buddy. I'm not rich, but I do see Hispanic immigrants mowing the lawns of the rich neighborhoods, and yeah, I think they deserve fair wages for doing so. Get over it.
                        ONLY if they BELONG here.

If they are here illegally, not only do they NOT deserve wages, they BELONG IN JAIL(or at least deported).

We'll pay them for making license plates, like we pay the rest of the criminals.

You do understand that commie or not, these people are CRIMINALS in WILLFUL AND FLAGRANT VIOLATION of US LAW.

Right?

Comment

Uhh... Who the fukk are you... thats my answer to this stupid ****ing thread....
                          To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

The dude is no "Nemisis", just another LOUD MOUTHED KNOW-NOTHING ELITIST LEFTIST MORON WHO PROBABLY COWERS IF HE SEES A BLACK MAN APPROACHING HIM IN THE STREET.(See, i can do labels too!)
                            But remember he believes "they" are good people, even if he would never invite one in his house over to dinner and he is "friends" with that African (Kenyan) exchange student he sits two rows in front of in math class and has never actually spoken to.
                            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

You take stuff way too seriously and way too personally.
                              You have no idea how right you are. Ask around.

And i would opine that if you go to any new locale and basically start out by straight away biitching about how dysfunctional it and the people that populate it are, you'll find that a lot of those people will be prone to get highly annoyed, and will therefore tend to treat you rudely as a direct result.

That's a life lesson for you, courtesy of WAB, free of charge. Use it well.

LOL...

But yes, i take things very seriously when i'm not busy being totally irreverant.

but quite frankly, that's not my problem.
                              It shouldn't be a problem. Because if you don't like this board, it's posters, or me, you can simply leave and never be bothered by us again.

I hate extremism.
                              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
                              ~Barry Goldwater.

When you or any other concerned party realizes i REALLY BELIEVE THAT, you will understand what makes me tick a hell of a lot better than you do now.

I like extremists. They're a lot more consistent(and predictible, and therefore reliable) than someone that thinks the world is 85 billion shades of grey. Those people, you never know how the hell they'll react to any given external stimulus.

Me, you know what to expect with me.

As far as you not being a spoiled rich college kid living in a rich New Jersey neighborhood......if you want to prove me wrong all you have to do is call and arrange a face to face.

I DID give you my phone number.
                              Last edited by Bill; 26 May 06,, 06:28.

Comment

Originally posted by troung
                                But remember he believes "they" are good people, even if he would never invite one in his house over to dinner and he is "friends" with that African (Kenyan) exchange student he sits two rows in front of in math class and has never actually spoken to.
                                Is that the same as me being friends with my downstairs negihbor Rasheed, a young black guy that has had an extension cord running from my ap't into his for the last month so he can have electricity(on my dime) because he can't afford to pay his electric bill, just because i like him? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X