Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fancy a rave in Londonistan dancing to madness , no women allowed tho . woo hoooo rock on .

https://youtu.be/deyPT1DXKTE

Different song same moves ,,,,choreographer req .lead stomper is a clone of J Travolta lol

https://youtu.be/UM7PhBqD1Hc
    Last edited by tankie; 12 May 17,, 14:14.

Comment

• You know what this thread has been missing? J Rock

Comment

• Meant to include this one instead of 2 Band Maid songs

Comment

• Gunny,

Very cool. I'd guess Andrey and anybody into metal might like.

Lot of questions. Why are girl groups seemingly an Asian phenomena? Am I maybe just missing all the girl groups in America, Europe and elsewhere? Those girls all seem skilled. Do Asian guys not want women in their bands that are skilled musicians? Are these bands a marketing contrivance by the music labels-sorta plug n' play creations that are disgarded to be replaced by younger variants? Sex seems a big part of the act. Women age so short shelf-life?
          "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• A couple from the Kinks, including an interesting performance in a hotel room-

Oh...and the Black Crowes nicely covering my fave Kink rocker, Powerman-

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Loved the Kinks they played some very intersting chords , Ray Davis death of a clown is one of my favs as is lazy sunday afternoon , the taxmans taken all my dough , etc .

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
                Gunny,

Very cool. I'd guess Andrey and anybody into metal might like.

Lot of questions. Why are girl groups seemingly an Asian phenomena?
                Look at the girl rock groups in the US. No one took them serious. Think about this, After the Runaways broke up, Joan Jett had to start her own record company to get her songs published. Lita Ford didn't see sucess till she hired Sharon Osborne as her manager. And started playing more pop friendly music.

We don't want hard rocking women, we want the Go Gos.

Those girls all seem skilled. Do Asian guys not want women in their bands that are skilled musicians?
                There are quite a few mostly male metal bands in Japan with female members

Are these bands a marketing contrivance by the music labels-sorta plug n' play creations that are disgarded to be replaced by younger variants? Sex seems a big part of the act. Women age so short shelf-life?
                Lets be honest, Sex sells. 20something year old women wearing maids costumes. That's what gets people in the door the first time. The girls playing abilities is what brings them back.

But these are not Plug and Play J-pop groups

Comment

• Perfectly answered.

"...But these are not Plug and Play J-pop groups"

I understand. These girls have paid their dues as musicians. J-pop? Different story. Thanks.

Comment

• "Loved the Kinks they played some very intersting chords..."

Eric,

Yeah. Bought Tired Of Waiting in 1965 as a nine year old. They never got Beatles/Stones/Who/Zeppelin great but they didn't fade away like the
                    Animals, Zombies, Dave Clark 5 either. Just seemed to do their thing beautifully and without any particular expectation from the rest of us. Great band that I still re-discover. They've stayed fresh for me.

Comment

• They were among the biggest names in the UK but yup never seemed to get the accolades worldwide they deserved , the sixties produced the best ever bands who wrote and played heir own stuff , guys like the Big O an icon , who was a great influence on the Beatles �� and then along comes the likes of micky most with his designer boybands ffs and now its cowell , the scene now is just one big rip off , bands who aŕe put together for fame overnight , no apprenticeships n never seen a hostile audience , pure crap these days .imo.
                      Last edited by tankie; 15 May 17,, 17:04.

Comment

• Heard this great interview on NPR with Ray Davies about a month ago.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/11/523019...of-opportunity

Gunny,

Nice adds. JPop is starting to grow on me. But the Go Gos were no Spice Girls. Solid musicians...but Belinda Carlisle was fluff I will grant you.

Been doing some deep dives into the music archives and came up with these ones.

Atlantic City The Band

Beck's Bolero Jeff Beck

Jeff Beck, John Paul Jones, Keith Moon, Jimmy Page & Nicky Hopkins.

Just wow!

I'm A Man The Spencer Davis Group with an 18 year old Steve Winwood belting it out!

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• "The Spenser Davis Group" Thanks Buck :-)
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Buck,

Gotta pile on w/Keep On Running-

and to keep that groovy 1966 vibe goin' here's the Small Faces bringing you All Or Nothing where the hits just keep coming!

Not quite full-blown hippies yet but both Stevies (Winwood & Marriott) were beginning to step up their game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              "The Spenser Davis Group" Thanks Buck :-)
                              Reading is fundamental!!!
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                                Reading is fundamental!!!
                                Ooops
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X