X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great track Double edge

Comment

• D.E,

Sweet grooviness. Back at the origins of funk. Too cool. Thank you.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
          D.E,

Sweet grooviness. Back at the origins of funk. Too cool. Thank you.
          Came out in'72 and hasn't aged..don't think it ever will

Toby:Mancunian groups, mmmm : )
          Last edited by Double Edge; 12 Aug 17,, 21:15.

Comment

• Comment

• No names mentioned

Comment

• Laboratorium Pieśni in a jacuzzi singing Zoriuszka. Great acoustics.
                Last edited by snapper; 15 Aug 17,, 20:04.

Comment

• Snapper this link directs to someones facebook which seems to be open ???

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    Laboratorium Pieśni in a jacuzzi singing Zoriuszka. Great acoustics. https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...itium%20Piesni
                    Had to scroll down a bit , but found it...Very nice! Laboratorium Pieśni? .....Sounds like a Wigan band
                    Last edited by Toby; 15 Aug 17,, 17:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                      Snapper this link directs to someones facebook which seems to be open ???

Not mine. Just the way I got sent it. Have removed it though. Thank you for telling me.

Originally posted by Toby View Post
                      Had to scroll down a bit , but found it...Very nice! Laboratorium Pieśni? .....Sounds like a Wigan band
                      From Gdansk - which is "up North" in my terms. Lovely bunch of girls though and great fun on a girlie night out.
                      Last edited by snapper; 15 Aug 17,, 20:08.

Comment

• The only thing I can think comes close to double edges track in terms of funk

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
                          The only thing I can think comes close to double edges track in terms of funk

In 1972 my older brother bought an awesome stereo with killer headphones. I was about 14. I would listen to this song cranked to 11 with headphones on. During the guitar solo neear the end you could FEEL the music going back and forth through your head from ear to ear. Still get the same effect with ear buds and my iTunes! A great album.

And I got to say it was awesome being a teenager growing up in Washington DC in the early 1970s. The music scene was tremendous. Great concerts every week and super clubs easy to sneak into!
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

• The sounds of DC in the 1970s

I went to Catholic military college prep school for high school. We wore cadet grey uniforms everyday to school...had drill in the afternoon daily.

But once a month we had Student Council sponsored dances with some awesome bands...and we all tried to look we were on Soul Train!
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• This got used in Oceans eleven, the album is great

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
                                The only thing I can think comes close to double edges track in terms of funk

Nice one..isaac hayes is immortal

This one is a dervative of the tempts from the sister label

Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Aug 17,, 19:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X