Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lite and polished but yeah, it still sounds terrific pouring out of them car speakers

sigpic

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Clash sounded better to my ears
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Clash sounded better to my ears
          No problem. Let's roll another way :)

Last edited by Minskaya; 26 Apr 13,, 17:36.
          sigpic

Comment

• How about some blues?

Last edited by brak; 27 Apr 13,, 06:34.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• LOTS of stuff to catch up on, but thought I'd post a local Aussie band I saw last night. The Drones have an unusual songwriting style & an unusual sound. This song is a cover, but the power they add to it is all theirs. The show last night was one of the most remarkable I have ever attended. I barely understood a word (the lead singer has actually joked about his inability to be understood while singing), but it was one of the most powerful things I have ever witnessed. Sadly a few little speakers hooked up to a computer don't convey but a fraction of it. Not for everybody, but great if you an get into it.

Perhaps their best known song

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Listening to this (from the movie Delhi Belly).

Somewhat of a cult classic here.

Delhi Belly - Bhaag DK Bose FULL SONG - Video Dailymotion

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    The Drones have an unusual songwriting style & an unusual sound.
                    Ask your Pakistani friends ;)

This song is a cover, but the power they add to it is all theirs. The show last night was one of the most remarkable I have ever attended.
                    Says a lot.

I barely understood a word (the lead singer has actually joked about his inability to be understood while singing), but it was one of the most powerful things I have ever witnessed.
                    Thought it is just me, but then I blamed the famous Aussie accent.

Sadly a few little speakers hooked up to a computer don't convey but a fraction of it. Not for everybody, but great if you an get into it.
                    Had worse first times with songs.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Ask your Pakistani friends ;)
                      You should hear them in Urdu man. They rock!!!:Dancing-Banana::Dancing-Banana:

Says a lot.
                      Saw them support Neil Young a few months back. I already had a couple of albums, but had no idea how powerful they were on stage. Just had to see them again. Can't wait until they tour next.

Thought it is just me, but then I blamed the famous Aussie accent.
                      Nah, its just him.....thought he is from Western Australia. Strange folk.

Had worse first times with songs.
                      They tend to divide opinion. To me they are OK on albums but incredible live - the sound just pulses.
                      sigpic

Comment

• 3 albums suffering from repeat all on the house stereo system as well as getting a flogging in the truck

Robert Plant: Mighty Rearranger
                        Robert Plant: Fate of Nations
                        Live at Knebworth - Live concert
                        Linkeden:
                        http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                        http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

• You can say your stereo has been Planted :)

Comment

You can say your stereo has been Planted :)
                            Man that was off the charts man.

Even for me.

+ I just had lunch.

Comment

• Something I like from the collection of my eldest bro.

Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mine - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                                Something I like from the collection of my eldest bro.

Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mine - YouTube
                                Great song. Remember rushing out to buy it at the Uni music store the week the album was released. Based on the true story of the worst case of industrial homicide in Australian history. The Midnight Oil song helped to publicize what had happened.

Australian Blue Asbestos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to embed videos rather than just links use the icon next to the text box & just paste in the link.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X