Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stones, Soul Survivor, an incredible ending to maybe their greatest L.P.-EXILE ON MAIN STREET

"This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Van Morrison remains an amazing and enigmatic artist. I'm of the mind that his best effort of soooo many was his second album, Astral Weeks. For me, an indispensable companion on a late Saturday afternoon in the autumn. From that album, the dreamy Sweet Thing-

It's an obscure but gorgeous effort by Van the Man. Posted, however, as much to provide a point of reference to this wonderful cover by Jeff Buckley-

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• You Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine from Blond on Blonde-

Just Like Tom Thumb Blues-

It Takes A Lot To Laugh It Takes A Train To Cry-

Comment

• "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Steve

As usual, exceptional.

A couple of mine in recent heavy rotation.

Agreeing with you on Greg Allman. And this is one of my all time favorites with his vocals working perfectly.

Beck's Bolero. One hell of a group of musicians together for an awesome song.

This song just seems to sum up the times today. One guys last shot at making it. Hope the cards went well for him! The Band & Atlantic City

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

• Well on Sunday I was hooking back up my speakers after carpet was replaced and everything moved for it while I was in the office. Once back I turned on the stereo and went hmmm. Checking channels I see the sound is half as loud out of the left channel as the right channel and is consistent across the board. My 1990 Denon which I like quite a bit. Ok, now I need to make a change for the moment.

So in my bedroom closet there are sitting seven receivers among other gear but I only have 17.5" space in the current rack. The only one that fits is the 1968 Pioneer I got two years ago after being recapped. Slip it in and both channels have equal volume now. Having just moved I found a box with the LPs I started buying back in 1969. Haven't used the turntable in some years so let's give it a spin. Led Zep II is the first album I ever bought.

Later on I was able to change out the transmission pan for a new seal on the 73 Dodge which has been a constant leak for years. Next up a leaky core plug.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Regarding ^^^^

Well, I cut my lawn and made some salsa.....
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

• These guys

and then up north to Hartford, CT

Breaks from the second half are LEGEND, resampled often but the original is the best

NGO....Never gets old

Comment

• RIP Chester Bennington at 41....Linkin Park's frontman.
                        Real eyes realize real lies.

Comment

• Listening to the new stuff Mick Jagger released for his 74th birthday, with somewhat political lyrics:

Comment

• Its Friday night :-)

Comment

• and now for something completely different

Don't think there is a better setting for a concert anywhere on the planet, but I'm biased.

Comment

• Extended version

Comment

Working...
                                X