X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• love the last 3 minutes of this one
      Last edited by tantalus; 08 May 16,, 23:47.

Comment

• Nice

I am usually not one who likes jazz. But these all have a nice bluesy feel to them.

Good find.

Reminiscent of these guys.

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Just discovered one of Canada's worst-kept secrets: an artist by the name of Claire Elise Boucher, better known as Grimes:

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7ir...vfqDweG1NCxPOQ
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Lost another great a few days ago as Dave Swarbrick, Fairport Convention violinist extraordinaire left us for the great gig in the sky. Changed the entire complexion of F.C. and another within that band I came to appreciate far too late. Some selections displaying both his individual virtuousity and the astounding interplay within the band, particularly between Thompson and Swarbrick.

From their FULL HOUSE album, Sloth-

This became a performance standard for decades of reunions to come. Sadly, they come no more for good ol' Davie.

Another with Sandy Denny on the equally remarkable A Sailor's Life from the UNHALFBRICKING album-

Finally, some extended footage of these guys live back in December, 1970 from a performance on the French T.V. show POP2-

The band had already changed considerably. Gone were Judy Dyble, Iain Matthews, Martin Lamble, Ashley Hutchings and, of course, Sandy Denny. Dave Matticks had replaced Lamble on drums with Dave Peggs ably stepping in for Hutchings on bass. This is a very hot set. Should you prove sufficiently brave to watch, be forewarned. The performance of Sloth here is deadly. It will dismember you into pieces.

These guys were really good.
                        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• New Chili Peppers

Comment

• not normally a fan of RHCP but this can grow on me.

Nice.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Last edited by Oracle; 02 Jul 16,, 15:46.
                                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
                                X