This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
    Let us think this through, gentle one. Charles Trenet composed and recorded it in 1948. When, pray tell, did Mr Darrin record his rendition? And there, M'lud, I rest my case.
    OK conceded , but Darrin sang it farrrrrrrrrr better , you must admit

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      OK conceded , but Darrin sang it farrrrrrrrrr better , you must admit
      I admit no such thing. Have you been indulging yourself with copious quantities of falling down juice again?
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
        I admit no such thing. Have you been indulging yourself with copious quantities of falling down juice again?
        I certainly have , however it was not my fault as i was forced to do it , by a Mr Mario Lanza who ordered me to

lift my stein and drink my beer , a damn fine song that one.:)

Comment

• Enigmaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

• Basil Poledouris - Anvil of Crom

Comment

• Year of the cat -Al Stewart

Comment

• Straight outta compton- NWA

Don't think I like rap, just a couple of songs

and did you know copius is a latin word? It means supply

So that actually made no sense :)
                "you have enemies, good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Comment

• and did you know copius is a latin word? It means supply

So that actually made no sense
                  1. Furnished plentifully with anything; having or yielding an abundant supply of; abounding in; Obs. exc. as in copious sources, where it passes into 3.

2. In pregnant sense: a. Abounding in information; full of matter.

3. Existing in rich abundance; plentiful; abundant. Now chiefly used with ns. expressing production or supply, or in reference to quantity produced; with names of material substances, it is obs. or arch., but is used of literary materials.

- so sayeth the OED on the topic of "copious"

Comment

• I know it means that in English, I was referring more to the English language than Tankie personally.

Listenening to pic4. mie head- linkin Park
                    Last edited by speedlover1994; 31 Jan 07,, 01:45.
                    "you have enemies, good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Comment

• Originally posted by speedlover1994 View Post
                      I know it means that in English, I was referring more to the English language than Tankie personally.

Listenening to pic4. mie head- linkin Park
                      Surely you mean Glyn ??;)

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                        I certainly have , however it was not my fault as i was forced to do it , by a Mr Mario Lanza who ordered me to

lift my stein and drink my beer , a damn fine song that one.:)
                        Ah, The Drinking Song - what a classic!
                        Just listening to "Real gone Kid" by Deacon Blue on Radio 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
                          Ah, The Drinking Song - what a classic!.
                          Yes ,The Student Prince , i learnt a lot from that album , im no longer a student ,im a fully fledged top of the range King now ? pass me the grog

Comment

• Right, sorry Tankie...sir :)

Never heard the drinking song, but I'm sure I would like it

Comment

Right, sorry Tankie...sir :)

You certainly would my friend - see if you can purchase the album "The Student Prince" and you will not be disappointed, but ensure you are holding a porter of ale when singing along to the drinking song (wear waterproof clothing though!)

Comment

Right, sorry Tankie...sir :)

Your most humbling grovelling on your knees appology is accepted , along with the Chivas Regal that you may pacify me with

Comment

Working...
                                X