Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia + China invasion of Canada

Here is another doomsday scenario..

Canada has alot of resources that China needs, so say that China and Russia team up to attack Canada via the arctic, to take the Northern Terrirories from Canada.

Everyone knows that Canada doesnt have a very good northern defence. THe land is just to inhospitable for daily patrols, and some areas are incredibily difficult to navigate, if not impossible.

Of course NORAD would pick up any planes or missles, but the north lacks any system to detect subs. What if a bunch of subs launched stealth cruise missles at NORAD radar stations, effectivly blinding NORADS eyes and ears of the north. Then a large armatta of transport ships cross the arctic circle, and following the North West passage in say summer, then land on the northern coast of continental North America.

It would not be untill the Inuit Rangers contact the military and let them know of an invading force that Canada and NATO become aware that she is under attack...

What do you all think would happen next?

'Stealth' cruise missiles? What, did the Russians and Chinese steal some AGM-129s? Damn the Americans and their lax base security!

I'd like to see an invasion force sneak its way that far without being detected, I'd like to see Sino-Russian troops fight a path thousands of miles long through a frozen meatpie, I'd like to see them supply those troops...

Of course, if you include nukes, then Russia still has enough to throw all of NATO back to the Stone Age, and vice versa. But otherwise, your scenario is a little preposterous.
    HD Ready?

Comment

I'm pretty sure we'de get reinforced and supplied by Northern states real quick. Plus we have an assload of guns and educated people. Urban combat if it got that far would make Iraqs insurgents look like cubscouts.

I forget but there are some Inuit forces stationed in the far north they got some hardcore guys up there I'm sure they'de slow some forces down.

Northern states plus Cdn jets would stir up the mix.

This would be a stupid war anyways if they wanted to invade whats the point of useing nukes then. Also If US was invaded I Don't know anyone who wouldn't supply man power, supplies, or vehicles to help. We fight for our friends. Pretty sure they'de do the same or at least the military would.
      Last edited by glow; 20 May 06,, 22:45.

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Son, you really have to look at the terrain. Most of it is impassible and with their long LOCs, the CF would have chewed them up. No, let me rephrase, rescue them from the cold and hungry grizzly and polar bears.

And the NRB is quite adept at luring those poor suckers onto the ice packs and leave them there. I'm not kidding. 1000 men will be able to kill 1 million quite easily up there. Just run circles around them and lure them onto unstable snow and ice packs.

And in the summer, the bugs would eat them alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
          ROFLMAO!!!!!!
          Son, you really have to look at the terrain. Most of it is impassible and with their long LOCs, the CF would have chewed them up. No, let me rephrase, rescue them from the cold and hungry grizzly and polar bears.
          And the NRB is quite adept at luring those poor suckers onto the ice packs and leave them there. I'm not kidding. 1000 men will be able to kill 1 million quite easily up there. Just run circles around them and lure them onto unstable snow and ice packs.
          And in the summer, the bugs would eat them alive.
          And in Canada, there's an additional problem: Canadians!
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Goddamnit, the mind boggles at how stupid these hypothetical threads are becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}-
              Goddamnit, the mind boggles at how stupid these hypothetical threads are becoming.
              You haven't seen internet stupidity until you've read a thread consisting of arguments about who would prevail in a fight - Star Trek's U.S.S. Enterprise or a Star Warsian Star Destoyer. Complete with energy equations and curves, and pages-long analyses.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem
                You haven't seen internet stupidity until you've read a thread consisting of arguments about who would prevail in a fight - Star Trek's U.S.S. Enterprise or a Star Warsian Star Destoyer. Complete with energy equations and curves, and pages-long analyses.

-dale

Pretty glad I haven't too.

Comment

Death Star > Enterprise.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dalem

-dale
                    LOL.....what era Enterprise?

LOLOLOLOL....what would the world be without sci-fi geeks? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Canmoore
                      Here is another doomsday scenario..

Canada has alot of resources that China needs, so say that China and Russia team up to attack Canada via the arctic, to take the Northern Terrirories from Canada.

Everyone knows that Canada doesnt have a very good northern defence. THe land is just to inhospitable for daily patrols, and some areas are incredibily difficult to navigate, if not impossible.

Of course NORAD would pick up any planes or missles, but the north lacks any system to detect subs. What if a bunch of subs launched stealth cruise missles at NORAD radar stations, effectivly blinding NORADS eyes and ears of the north. Then a large armatta of transport ships cross the arctic circle, and following the North West passage in say summer, then land on the northern coast of continental North America.

It would not be untill the Inuit Rangers contact the military and let them know of an invading force that Canada and NATO become aware that she is under attack...

What do you all think would happen next?
                      It's called terrain and NATO. If they inavde Canada NATO will send those 2 countries to the stone age (bombing). Not to mention China has the shittiest power projection. They can't even get their damn army to taiwan yet and Russia is poor and has bad training.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO
                      Last edited by Shadowsided; 23 May 06,, 01:17.

Comment

Ok, I have a question then. Is there ANY avenue of invasion to the north american continent? Is Alaska just as impossible? My guess is from the south. The north just seems to inhospitable.

Comment

The only passage are a few man made paths including the pipeline and the Fraser Valley which can easily be blocked. It's easier coming from the Atlantic.

Comment

Now is it Canada or the United States being invaded by China & Russia?

Taking out Norad Radar would be considered an act of war against the United States, who happen to be the rightfull owners of the Norad property that'd be taken out to open an invasion route into Canada.

Comment

I think an attack on Canada would engender a full response from the United States, if not out of brotherhood, than out of the big guy's need for the little guy's continued oil sales.
                              HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                              X