Saw George Carlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw George Carlin

Got to see George Carlin tonight. At 68 years old, he's still very much on top of things. It's amazing to really sit there and watch him do his business. I heard a lot of new (hilarious) stuff and everybody I saw laughed their ass off. Great comedian. Quite a seasoned professional, through and through.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Is he still his post-modern angry little self?

The last time he was funny to me was about 1985. Since then, nothing much more than bile.

-dale

Comment

Actually, no. He's lost a bit of that angry-little-man syndrome and gone back a bit to his happy-go-lucky self again. I think that losing his wife might've caused the anger to come out in him. But he did older classics such as the "Hippy-Dippy Weather Man" and his dog routines, as well as some of the attacks on corporate and middle America.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

I'm jealous of you, despite last night's little part-ay! George Carlin once did stand up not too far from here, and I had no choice but to not show up.

Comment

I saw him years ago, in 1991, I think. He was not as angry back then compared to what he was in the late 90s. But even then, he was funny.

Anyone remember the football/baseball classic?
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

In football, you wear a helmet.

In baseball, you wear a cap!

Comment

Baseball is played in a park, the baseball park.

Football is played in a stadium, War Memorial Stadium!
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
              X