Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your post Ray. I really appreciate your willingness to try and pull everyone together for the sake of this wonderful community :)

What you outlined in your first post is all myself and the other team members here at WAB ever wanted. Certainly debate all you want - in fact I encourage it - but we are really asking for everyone's support in bringing to an end to these childish spats that seem to spring up now and again in certain areas of the community.

I am totally against extreme moderation and censorship and WAB is widely known for not tolerating this type of moderating. We prefer instead to work with our members as openly as possible and resolve matters as a community.

Quite frankly though some of our members have been taking advantage of the good nature of our moderators and we (as well as many other long time members) have had enough of it. We aren't going to allow these silly childish spats destroy this great community that hundreds of loyal members have spent years building and enjoy visiting and posting at.

I think it would do everyone some good to read Ray's initial post again... regardless if you are Indian, Canadian, British, Pakistani etc. as he has made some excellent points. WAB is truly a global community, so it is important that everyone can get along. Note, I didn't say it is important that everyone agrees with each other, but it is important that everone gets along. As I say... debate all you like but please bring an end to this childish nonsense.

- Chris

Edit: Just to clarify. I don't agree with everything Ray has posted but I do agree with the points raised in his initial post of this thread. While I don't agree with everyone Ray posts... I am not going to go and start a childish fight with him :D

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
      <pessimism>The way the postings are still going on I'd give it a day or two TH</pessimism>

If you want the forum to be improved immensely, I urge you to glue some bricks onto your hands and slap yourself silly. That would really help the forum. I mean, really.

Guys, Asim has declared that he wants to help the forum. Let's all encourage him to do the necessary thing by holding a vigil candle prayer while Asim slaps himself silly.

Comment

Ban all the nonsense social/societal news reports threads posted by any esp relating to India & pakistan. This is the root of the problem. Let WAB be a forum of political, military, current affairs but not social news.
        Last edited by indianguy4u; 12 May 06,, 21:21.
        Hala Madrid!!

Comment

We could create 2 threads one called India Sucks and the other Pakistan Sucks. People can then have a nice time jacking off over the negative news about the enemy
          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

Ban all the nonsense social/societal news reports threads posted by any esp relating to India & pakistan
            good point.cuz the sort of "social injustices" pointed out by both sides just ends up flaming it up.....both sides end up saying this such incident(s) r exception rather than the rule & the thread dies down,or goes haywire.

just my 0.02$

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
              We could create 2 threads one called India Sucks and the other Pakistan Sucks. People can then have a nice time jacking off over the negative news about the enemy
              Thats already true!

Just take a look at these sections. Funny to see them all fight though.. I am just waiting here polishing my gun.

Comment

Ok, who suffers more. Indian married men or Pakistani married men?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                  Ok, who suffers more. Indian married men or Pakistani married men?
                  all married men suffer equaly, lol... we're all really brothers in chains... (lol, just Edited from, brothers in arms...)
                  Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                  -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

actually I shouldn't be commenting on this... still single, lol...
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

^ Enjoy it while it lasts...

Comment

I think we have found a common enemy!

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                          Thanks TH! :)

A friend recently sent me a pm saying;
                          I do want to ask why retaliating is necessary when you can marginalize (trolls) by simply pretending they don't exist...
                          Have you ever seen a dog barking at nothing at all? They tend to look pretty ridiculous
                          Thats probably the sanest quote I've heard here in a long time. :)

Cheers!
                          Attached Files
                          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Oh what sweetness and light :) The only problem I have is two posters who shouldn't have been banned have, two obvious trolls who should have been banned haven't and the reasons for why I think they should have been banned which I put in a new post have been censored, along with posts by Guatam. TH, you suck as a moderator.
                            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka
                              The only problem I have is two posters who shouldn't have been banned have
                              One banned temporarily for arguing the mods/admins ruling. One banned permanantly for going directly against that ruling. Both deserved it.
                              Originally posted by parihaka
                              TH, you suck as a moderator.
                              I deleted your thread.
                              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Is it really worth all this? Why can you guys not just say that tomorrow is another day and we will ALL start the fcuk over? Everyone needs to let go of their dam pride and hurt feelings and move on. Accept that there are things we are NOT going to agree on and leave those things alone if we all refuse to discuss them like adults and not a group of school children.

In our normal lives outside of the WAB I dont think ANY of us are as bad of people as we are ALL making ourselves out to be here. Emotions are driving and things are out of control. I think almost the whole freaking board could use some serious meds and good night sleep.

I cannot believe that we, as adults, need people to tell us that we are misbehaving. Shouldn't we, as adults, be able to figure this out on our own without mom and dad stepping in and giving out spankings? I have never in my life seen so many ADULTS tattling on one another, pointing fingers at one another, biting their thumbs at the other and being put in time out. There are people on this board who have spent more time being disciplined in the last week than my 4 year old.

There is something to be proud of - Add that to your resume, all.

As the resident hippie, even I have gotten disgusted at the constant bickering. I cannot even begin to imagine how the others feel.
                                Last edited by THL; 13 May 06,, 05:15.
                                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Working...
                                X