This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster
    For one simple reason, we hate each other to the guts. I despise Pakistan. You will never understand it because you have not experience the pain and suffering that my family and family friends had to go through. I had a friend whose father lost 7 brothers and sisters during the Partition. I knew someone whose family was wiped out by the jihadi terrorists raid in Kashmir. Those are my brethren and countrymen and they bled.

Frankly, I find your post to be incredibly conscendencing. This is not like two sisters quabbling with each other because one of them hit them or called them names. This is something different. This is an enemy battling an enemy who have threatened the other's families, raped its brethen, killed them in the name of a god that the other side don't follow.

Don't ever compare us to a bunch of sisters squabbling because we are not. We are fighting against an enemy who does not care for our way of life and will see rivers of blood and mountains of dead to ensure their way of life rules. This is a struggle of life and death.
    I think I know what are you talking about.

Comment

Don't ever compare us to a bunch of sisters squabbling because we are not. We are fighting against an enemy who does not care for our way of life and will see rivers of blood and mountains of dead to ensure their way of life rules. This is a struggle of life and death.
      No, THIS is a struggle of neener-neener posts on a web forum intended for other purposes.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
        Yes, those are the choices. The only choices. I do not believe they really want us to take a stronger stance, but it appears they are going to force it. Trust me guys, you don't want a crack down to occur...

For that u will need 2 verse urself with Indian & Pakistani lingo

or Asim will come around, do his usual and change the meaning of a word to a racist meaning.

For all we know tomm Asim could declare Jihadi word to be derogratory.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter
          Question: Why this almost fanatical insistance in using that term? Why is it neccessary? English speaking posters are quite well aware of what the word "Pakistan" refers to. Most of us here on the WAB can also locate it on map. We certainly don't need a translation of the word into English.

Yet pure land is considered racist when I have proven that the word was coined by none other then the man who formed the movement for an independent state i.e. Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            Sri,

Asim is hardly a Moderator!

He is just an Editor!

His power stops at the Edit button.

I should know! ;)
            By the way all those freak times you've accused me of editting your posts, you've been wrong. It can easily be verified by asking any Admin about the log files.

Ray you've got a knack for getting over excited over nothing. An example's your outburst on Luna who actually said something nice about your post but you didn't understand him.

Perhaps you should give everyone else here the benefit of the doubt, assuming that you DO jump to conclusions.

Have the log files checked. I didn't edit the posts of the people in the thread I locked, let alone would I see the need to edit yours. I try my best not to censor and thus far I haven't.

Get the logs checked.

Comment

For one simple reason, we hate each other to the guts. I despise Pakistan. You will never understand it because you have not experience the pain and suffering that my family and family friends had to go through. I had a friend whose father lost 7 brothers and sisters during the Partition. I knew someone whose family was wiped out by the jihadi terrorists raid in Kashmir. Those are my brethren and countrymen and they bled.

Frankly, I find your post to be incredibly conscendencing. This is not like two sisters quabbling with each other because one of them hit them or called them names. This is something different. This is an enemy battling an enemy who have threatened the other's families, raped its brethen, killed them in the name of a god that the other side don't follow.

I was not at all trying to be condescending, I was trying to make the point that by ridiculing eachother and continuing this hatred you are accomplishing nothing. The only outcome, if it is continued this way, is that the whole lot will end up being thrown off the board. If that happens, the WAB loses many good members. Is this the ultimate goal? I would hate to see that happen.

I understand that a lot of bad, evil if you will, has been done, but where does it end? You can either support it, and continue to lose loved ones until there is only one of you left, or be the ones to try and start an end to it.

A message from Father AA: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
                Yet pure land is considered racist when I have proven that the word was coined by none other then the man who formed the movement for an independent state i.e. Pakistan.
                Gautam - I have a Q for you, and I seriously mean NO disrespect. I only want to know to help my own understanding.

Since you consider this "pure land" term to not be racist or derogatory (I hope I am correct in that thinking or my question will make no sense, work with me, I am trying to understand :) ) however, it has been said by others that it is considered derogatory to them personally - then why must anyone use the word at all?

If I call someone something (even in fun) and they tell me that it is hurtful to them, I will do my best not to call them that again.

REAL LIFE EXAMPLE HERE: I love the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved the 1st one, too. I love, even more, the Oompa Loompa song from the original movie. LOVE IT!! SING IT ALL THE TIME!! Even have it as a ringtone on my phone. :) Well I was on the phone with someone one night and that person did NOT like the song, or Oompa Loompas, for that matter, and that person asked me countless times to stop. At this point I thought it was funny to be so annoying, so I kept it up. Until that person hung up on me. I then realized that this person REALLY did not like the song, and even though I dont understand for the life of me why this person cannot like the song, I dont sing it around them and I had to apologize for being insensitive.
                Last edited by THL; 10 May 06,, 19:11.
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatsLiberal
                  I was not at all trying to be condescending, I was trying to make the point that by ridiculing eachother and continuing this hatred you are accomplishing nothing. The only outcome, if it is continued this way, is that the whole lot will end up being thrown off the board. If that happens, the WAB loses many good members. Is this the ultimate goal? I would hate to see that happen.

I understand that a lot of bad, evil if you will, has been done, but where does it end? You can either support it, and continue to lose loved ones until there is only one of you left, or be the ones to try and start an end to it.

A message from Father AA: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
                  It can't end. How many times have any one of you heard India sponsering terrorism.

How many times have u heard Pakistan accusing India of terrorism. How many times have u heard that India is responsible for sponsering terrorists in Pakistan.

I haven't.

Fact is that for 58 years Pakistan & every Pakistani has dramed of India's destruction. Their crazy obsession for Kashmir has led to thousands of innocent civilians losing their lives.

Their misadventure in 1947, 62, 71 & 1999 (Kargil) has caught numerous Indian soldiers their lives.

What does Pakistan care about, a nation full of war mongers, a nation with no clear path of progress.

A nation that can't even make a simple choice between either Jihad in Kashmir or progress of its economy.

Let me ask you all

What is Pakistan's contribution to the world & Humanity

Terrorism, Terrorists & Jihadis. Nothing else.

Why would we even give a toss about a nation such as Pakistan. Only if they stopped sponsering terrorism in our country.

America was hit once on 9/11 and it has gone after OBL & Gang mercilesly.

Imagine 57 years of playing around by Pakistan.

None of you can comprehend what goes on in our lives. It is very easy to say lets forget it.

Not easy when ignorant people like ASIM & PLat openly defend Jihadi's.

How would Americans feel here if someone defended OBL & his actions.

I don't think I need to answer that. It is self-explanatory.

Comment

Gautam - I have a Q for you, and I seriously mean NO disrespect. I only want to know to help my own understanding.

Since you consider this "pure land" term to not be racist or derogatory (I hope I am correct in that thinking or my question will make no sense, work with me, I am trying to understand :) ) however, it has been said by others that it is considered derogatory to them personally - then why must anyone use the word at all?

If I call someone something (even in fun) and they tell me that it is hurtful to them, I will do my best not to call them that again.

REAL LIFE EXAMPLE HERE: I love the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I loved the 1st one, too. I love, even more, the Oompa Loompa song from the original movie. LOVE IT!! SING IT ALL THE TIME!! Even have it as a ringtone on my phone. :) Well I was on the phone with someone one night and that person did NOT like the song, or Oompa Loompas, for that matter, and that person asked me countless times to stop. At this point I thought it was funny to be so annoying, so I kept it up. Until that person hung up on me. I then realized that this person REALLY did not like the song, and even though I dont understand for the life of me why this person cannot like the song, I dont sing it around them and I had to apologize for being insensitive.
                    Ok here's my rationale.

Firstly my use of the word was "Land of Pure" and not Pure Land. Secondly it was not an intentional thread. I was just posting a thread & this came to my mind.

I have never before seen this word used on WAB & hence when Sri sent me a PM explaining that there was controversy regarding use of this word, I sent a PM I think to confed999 or some other MOD to change the title.

This didn't happen.

But having said that "Land of Pure" was coined by Rehmat Choudhary Ali" who just happesn to be the founder of Movement of Pakistan.

Back to your question, I used this term first time & just so to avoid any controversy I even pmd a MOD. Things just didn't go fast.

Ask Sri if u don't trust me. Ask Confed999 I think it was him who I sent a PM.

But ASim the kind of weasel he is tried to use this to his own gain.

His knowledge is limited to the boundaries of his house, he has no idea on how to debate but at weaseling I would easily label him the World Champion.

Comment

That would be appreciated. I think making moderators (though Ray is right, its just an extra edit option) out of both of us (controversial members of both the groups) would take some time to settle in. I know we both are probably the highest posters and maintain high activity and have a chance of editting them.

I sure hope we find our new given niche soon and everyone settles into this new world.

Anyway, its also shifted the weight of the forum to the South Asian politics, which are unmoderated by the both of us. There is still a sense of responsibility since the powers that be (TPTB) have shown some faith in us to tackle the job. Thats why I've laid off answering many personal insults directed towards me recently, out of that respect for the show of faith shown be TPTB, not out of some superiority complex.

I don't use the ignore button too, I just refuse to stoop low(er).

Now the support of terrorism issue..... Terrorism!?!?!? Wait, in INDIA!?

Ok wait, my bad, I mistook Aurangabad to be a place in Kashmir. Though I still have my reservations on why only Muslims are caught in India when there's such a multi-religious undergroud mafia all over India. Well established and far reaching too. But I just don't care the same about the rest of India as much as I care about Kashmir.

Confed's right, I called him a scapegoat since everyone fled and he was the only one caught or made to appear to have been caught by the Indian military. That does not suggest that I said that everyone who fled weren't terrorists. Remember you pointed them out to be PAKISTANIS. It was falsely stated and kinda bated since thats usually just been an accusation related to Kashmir.

Infact I can raise questions. Where in that ARTICLE you posted, does it say they were Pakistanis!? Lashkar's an enemy of the state of Pakistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Gautam
                        How would Americans feel here if someone defended OBL & his actions.

I don't think I need to answer that. It is self-explanatory.
                        I agree that many, most, Americans would be outraged at a defense of OBL. But, just as Sadam, in America he would be entitled to someone defending him. How did we feel to see people cheer after 9/11? Hurt, angry, upset. But them cheering is their own problem and in life's end, they are the ones that will have to answer for it. So I say let them cheer. They are the ones that look like a bunch of yahoos. :) (there I go - calling people names! ;) ) I just would like to think that there is a more peaceful way to get your individual points across to one another.

I really wish you could hear my tone as I write this, because I know it is not coming across as soft as I am intending it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          That would be appreciated. I think making moderators (though Ray is right, its just an extra edit option) out of both of us (controversial members of both the groups) would take some time to settle in. I know we both are probably the highest posters and maintain high activity and have a chance of editting them.

I sure hope we find our new given niche soon and everyone settles into this new world.

Anyway, its also shifted the weight of the forum to the South Asian politics, which are unmoderated by the both of us. There is still a sense of responsibility since the powers that be (TPTB) have shown some faith in us to tackle the job. Thats why I've laid off answering many personal insults directed towards me recently, out of that respect for the show of faith shown be TPTB, not out of some superiority complex.

I don't use the ignore button too, I just refuse to stoop low(er).

Now the support of terrorism issue..... Terrorism!?!?!? Wait, in INDIA!?

Ok wait, my bad, I mistook Aurangabad to be a place in Kashmir. Though I still have my reservations on why only Muslims are caught in India when there's such a multi-religious undergroud mafia all over India. Well established and far reaching too. But I just don't care the same about the rest of India as much as I care about Kashmir.

Confed's right, I called him a scapegoat since everyone fled and he was the only one caught or made to appear to have been caught by the Indian military. That does not suggest that I said that everyone who fled weren't terrorists. Remember you pointed them out to be PAKISTANIS. It was falsely stated and kinda bated since thats usually just been an accusation related to Kashmir.

Infact I can raise questions. Where in that ARTICLE you posted, does it say they were Pakistanis!? Lashkar's an enemy of the state of Pakistan.

Remember 1999 Nepal Hijack of Indian Airlines Fligh IC-814.

5 Pakistani nationals hijacked the flight, took it to Kabul and in return got Maulana Masood Azhar who just so happened to turn out to be the mastermind of Daniel Pearl's beheading.

Has Pakistan done anything about Azhar. Yes they have allowed him to move around freely.

For your information your beloved brothers murdered Rupin Katyal, a newl wed returning from his honeymoon.

Do u wanna know why & how he was murdered, bec he dared to see the hijackers in their eyes. His throat was slit.

His wife was on the flight.

Don't even try weasling out of this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                            By the way all those freak times you've accused me of editting your posts, you've been wrong. It can easily be verified by asking any Admin about the log files.
                            Have the log files checked. I didn't edit the posts of the people in the thread I locked, let alone would I see the need to edit yours. I try my best not to censor and thus far I haven't.

Get the logs checked.
                            There is no need to check the logs.

If a moderator edits anything on a post, it's recorded down at the bottom of the post for public viewing. It also includes a date/time stamp of when the editing occured.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

You'd notice I hardly posted in the 2nd thread discussing the same issue. I didn't think it was the proper venue for it and a "STFU" that thread deserved for crapping.

Comment

I agree that many, most, Americans would be outraged at a defense of OBL. But, just as Sadam, in America he would be entitled to someone defending him. How did we feel to see people cheer after 9/11? Hurt, angry, upset. But them cheering is their own problem and in life's end, they are the ones that will have to answer for it. So I say let them cheer. They are the ones that look like a bunch of yahoos. :) (there I go - calling people names! ;) ) I just would like to think that there is a more peaceful way to get your individual points across to one another.

I really wish you could hear my tone as I write this, because I know it is not coming across as soft as I am intending it to.
                                Very true. In London u can often find Algerians & other North Africans openly celebrating attacks. The other day, when a bomb exploded in Israel this muslim guy was chanting hizbollah while driving his car. He thought I was a muslim because I am Asian but he was seriously mistaken.

This is about double standards. Have u ever seen anyone of us Indians defending any massacre of muslims.

No. I will be frank, I have no lost love for Muslims, but I will not either tolerate nor participate in any article, act be it here or in real life that either leads or celebrates a person's death regardless of his/her religion.

I can't say that for Pakistani's here, majority of whom openly accept violence & support Jihadis.

Such people are double standard hypocrites who deserve not an inch of sympathy or leeway.

Comment

Working...
                                X