This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phillip View Post
    but you're just a blowhard that likes to see himself in print.
    Among other things, he's also a founding member of this board. And a member of it's staff.

Whereas you are brand new.

Oh, bear in mind also that we have a rabid Maori on this board that's allowed to roam freely.

And I see he's already found you. ;)
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      Among other things, he's also a founding member of this board. And a member of it's staff.

Oh, bear in mind also that we have a rabid Maori on this board that's allowed to roam freely.

Don't forget the proud descendant of head-shrinking cannibals:))
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Don't forget the proud descendant of head-shrinking cannibals:))
        head shrinking...is that real??...i mean how can it be happen?
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big K View Post
          head shrinking...is that real??...i mean how can it be happen?
          They remove the skull from the back.

I was reading some passages of Moby Dick the other day, just skimming thru to the good parts and there was some nice illustrations of the kind of tattooed heads some Maori whalemen would sell in New Bedford back in the days when that industry was big, 150 years ago or so.

Kinda creepy, but cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

So what's you're point besides that Maori gibberish? Being new should not have a bearing on being right or wrong. Why should anyone have to tolerate Iron Ducks insulting, pugnatious comments?
            You needn't reply...I wont be back.

Comment

R RESULTS
              St Sophia Tour
              Book a tour of the St Sophia Museum in Istanbul from Viator. This is an ad refering to ST. SOPHIA..the one we are discussing. How come they call it St. Sophia hot shot? Viator is a tourist agency in Istanbul.
              Saudi Arabia? Who said we were talking about Saudi Arabia? And who cares if you can drink in Turkey?
              You seem to like nasty adjectives...like ludicrous. You're rather pompous and you hang on a subject like a harpy. You seem to get off trying to put others down. Tell me how you managed all this in just 28 years?
              For the record I already stated to Neyez that if the murals were not covered then I was incorrect...but I find your proboscis poking in. Now I'm sure you will tell me that that is your right and so on, but don't you think you just overdo a it bit? I do. Ease up sonny, make this a more enjoyable site.
              I'm banning myself forever, not just 24 hrs.

You can think of this program as a suppository and you...well just be yourself
              and it will find you.

Comment

I'm banning myself forever, not just 24 hrs.

You can think of this program as a suppository and you...well just be yourself
                and it will find you.
                Goodness me, how will we survive !?

Oh, we did just fine before you got here. :)

Toodles and don't let the door hit you in the ass. bye bye now. :)

Comment

So what's you're point besides that Maori gibberish? Being new should not have a bearing on being right or wrong.
                  Well it sure would help if you'd read our forum guidelines before opening your mouth.

Right or wrong, you are a guest on this board and a brand new one at that. Or were a guest, in any case.

You probably roll into a brand new bar and start mouthing off about how right you are, don't you?

And then you spend the next few days wondering why you got your ass kicked to the state line...after all, you were RIGHT!

Moron

Originally posted by phillip View Post
                  Why should anyone have to tolerate Iron Ducks insulting, pugnatious comments?
                  I'm sorry, I got so bored reading that question I forgot what you were asking in the first place...

Originally posted by phillip View Post
                  You needn't reply...I wont be back.
                  Boy you sure do like to ladle out the orders around here...at least you're right about one thing though. ;)

Oh wait, you're a USN submariner now eh? What a disgrace...I bet your shipmates just LOVED you. After all, YOU"RE RIGHT!
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• turkish empires??????????????????????????????????????????? ???? LOL
                    lol again
                    and again
                    there was only 1, the otoman empire
                    The turks did came down from mongolia or somewhere around there alright. They served the Persian Empire as hired soldiers and when tha Arabs became the super power of the region, they served them.Then, they started to claim teritories from the byzantines because they had to live somewhere alone.
                    Byzantium was not at his best days, they desided to hire them(pay them) instead of fight them away.
                    BIG mistake, eventually, they took over control of the State and got ideas of getting all the byzantine empire( or what was left in it from the crusaders).
                    It wasn't difficult sinse the byzantines where not only extremely poor at that time, but they didn't even have a king.
                    Now they serve others, as they served before.

Comment

• There are 52 different nations living in modern turkey.
                      Among with the mongols that came down from %^%^%^stan
                      are the people that lived in minor asia for thousands of years, and who had to convert to turkishm in order to stay alive.
                      Greeks,Armenians,Assyrians,Syrians,Bulgarians,Gyps ies,Cylicians and many many others.
                      and these are facts, no propaganda
                      those people are the reason why turkey and greece, and armenia and the rest of their neighbours must be friends.
                      But that demands that the turk generals stop thinking like their forfathers

Comment

• there was only 1, the otoman empire
                        I can count 112 Turkish states and I can claim that they were empires.

I voted for Seljuk Empire. It was an Empire. Citizens gave up caring worldly problems when Tatar smashed the Empire. That time of crisis was the "best" time for the people who lived there. They were not cared which religion or ethnic group others come from. It was the "greatest" time of humanity, sufism, respect ... for Anatolia.

There are 52 different nations living in modern turkey.
                        It is cool isn't it? Lykians, Frigians, Urartus, Hittites... Circassians, Lazs, Yezidis...

are the people that lived in minor asia for thousands of years, and who had to convert to turkishm in order to stay alive.
                        Common dude. Turks stayed hundreds of years in Algeria. We didn't change their culture. France stayed 40 years... Same for the rest. You are still Ortodox Greek. Don't you? So how your ancestors stayed alive?

Greeks,Armenians,Assyrians,Syrians,Bulgarians,Gyps ies,Cylicians and many many others.
                        and these are facts, no propaganda
                        those people are the reason why turkey and greece, and armenia and the rest of their neighbours must be friends.
                        I don't get it.

But that demands that the turk generals stop thinking like their forfathers
                        "Turkish Generals" is a gum word. What do Turkish Generals demand form Greece?

Comment

• I think this thread has gone on long enough. Locked.
                          "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Big K View Post
                            i wish you (and every WAB member too) can visit Istanbul to see this and other cool stuff...i can take you for a tour and show the city...

btw. yes and many other things that Sinan made to protect it...infact Sinan was adoring St. Sophia and his lifes masterpiece Edirne Selimiye Mosque was a try to reach the worlds biggest dome...St. Sophia...
                            My grandfather was in Turkey a few times toward the end of and after WWII. He had a few stories to tell. He admired the disciplined yet friendly nature of the soldiers he interacted with. Unlike every other country he went to, he wasn't allowed to carry a sidearm (he served as a driver for officers when the cruiser he served on was docked, being one of the few Navy enlisted at the time who was proficient in shooting and driving). He said also said you don't mess around either.

I'll have to ask him whether he ever went to Istanbul, though I doubt it. He keenly remembers Beirut, Athens, Florence, Trieste, Algiers, etc., and I'm sure if he'd been to Istanbul he would have brought it up. I think the cities he went to were on the Mediterranean and Aegean coasts.
                            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Working...
                            X