This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Turkish Empires

According to Hammer; Turks are most succesful nation to found new states and to rise them...But which one is the greatest Turkish Empire?
    Great Hun Empire
    9.38%
    Attila's Western Hun Empire
    3.13%
    Uighur Empire
    0.00%
    Gokturk Empire
    6.25%
    Seljuk Empire
    3.13%
    Ottoman Empire
    78.13%

Ottomans...
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

hmm... im not exactly a wizz on turkish empires but ill have to go with the Ottomans

Comment

Greatest Turkish Empire

Turks had many great empires in history. But the last is the best so I think the greatest one is the Ottoman sultanate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogukan View Post
          Turks had many great empires in history. But the last is the best so I think the greatest one is the Ottoman sultanate.

E-T-H-N-O-C-E-N-T-R-I-S-M

Comment

Gotta say Ottoman.

It's the only Turkish empire anyone's ever heard of outside of Turkey.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Ottoman empire, because only it conqered the Serbia.
              With Faith in God,
              For King and Fatherland!

Comment

According to Neyzen; Turks are most succesful nation to found new states and to fade them...

I voted for Seljuk Empire. Seljuk Turks' interrests were more understandable than the rest above.

Comment

Yeah, I got the word from my mouth, I would say that. Turks are the most succesful nation to found new states and also to ruin them.
                  Time is an ocean in a storm

Comment

i would have thought iran had housed more dynasties.

anyways i went for ottoman.

Comment

Are the Huns considered 'Turkish'?

Comment

Originally posted by deadkenny View Post
                        Are the Huns considered 'Turkish'?
                        exactly my friend.

look, you can travel from Turkey to China (even in the western Uygur side of China) and you will not need any language but Turkish ;)
                        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Attila was a Turk?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFirst View Post
                            Attila was a Turk?
                            i dont know about his family roots but yes my friend Huns are one of Turkic Nations.

theres a lot of Turkic Nations which were the deadliest enemys to eachother in history.

"Ever since Joseph de Guignes in the 18th century identified the Huns with the Xiongnu or (H)siung-nu,[5] there has been a school of thought that the Huns were of Turkic origin. This theory is also supported by O. Maenchen-Helfen, on the basis of his linguistic studies.[6][7] English scholar Peter Heather, also called the Huns "the first group of Turkic, as opposed to Iranian, nomads to have intruded into Europe".[8] Kemal Cemal, a Turkish researcher,[9] points to linguistic evidence; compares Turkic and Hunnic words, names and shows the similarities between them. He also compares systems of governance of the Huns to that of other Turkic tribes, and demonstrates how similar they are. Others who support this view include Hungarian historian Gyula Nemeth in his 1991 book Hungary."
                            Last edited by Big K; 17 May 07,, 09:47.
                            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFirst View Post
                              Attila was a Turk?
                              No, definitely not. There is some argument that Hunnish was a 'Turkic' language. Others only categorize it as belonging in the broader Altaic languages, which includes the Turkic languages. Note that in spite of the similarity 'Turkish' and 'Turkic' are not the same thing, 'Turkic' being a much broader term. The closest analogy that comes to mind is the difference between 'Slavic' and 'Russian'. So Russians are Slavs but all not all Slavs are Russian. In the same way Huns might have been Turkic (then again, perhaps they weren't even Turkic but only part of an even broader linguistic grouping that included Turkic) but they were definitely not Turkish.

Comment

Working...
                              X