Are we Asians Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we Asians Racist?

Just a general question. I'm someone who has lived for many years in the US.. as well as India.. Talked to and have had many american and asian friends.

I was recently talking to another Indian who was coming to the US to study and he basically told me how he was scared of the african american community or even sharing a room with an african american.... This view is a vew I've seen not only held by Indians but also Pakistanis and Bangladehis that I've also met.

I was quite disgusted by that view... Even in our own South Asian countries.. being darker is something that is looked down upon.. although most of us wouldn't like to admit it.

So are we Asians more racist then people living in western countries or in the US. I've seen alot of tolerance in the US.. and I see only 10% of that in India..

Is it because we Asians do not have really open, and do not have the sort of culturual fusion and demographics the US has.. or for other reasons?

i think on the whole thier is a racist undercurrent.

for some reason thier apears to be an inferiority complex where darker people are seen as lower than fairer people...

Comment

Originally posted by OrdinaryGuy
      Just a general question. I'm someone who has lived for many years in the US.. as well as India.. Talked to and have had many american and asian friends.

I was recently talking to another Indian who was coming to the US to study and he basically told me how he was scared of the african american community or even sharing a room with an african american.... This view is a vew I've seen not only held by Indians but also Pakistanis and Bangladehis that I've also met.

I was quite disgusted by that view... Even in our own South Asian countries.. being darker is something that is looked down upon.. although most of us wouldn't like to admit it.

So are we Asians more racist then people living in western countries or in the US. I've seen alot of tolerance in the US.. and I see only 10% of that in India..

Is it because we Asians do not have really open, and do not have the sort of culturual fusion and demographics the US has.. or for other reasons?
      I absoluetely agree with you - not only are we racists, we're also hypocrites and quick to judge a lot of times.. I wouldnt say we're more racist then the ones living in western countries/US, because their racism turns into anomosity...at least most of us keep it to ourselves & not let it show..dont know if its a good thing..but doesnt promote violence at least

Comment

I wouldn't say everyone is racist....racist is when you have someone for thier race, people are prejudiced, they have opinion about people due to race/colour etc.

Asian people can be, in particular the older geenration quite predujiced and quick to judge.

Comment

Originally posted by ZD12
          I absoluetely agree with you - not only are we racists, we're also hypocrites and quick to judge a lot of times.. I wouldnt say we're more racist then the ones living in western countries/US, because their racism turns into anomosity...at least most of us keep it to ourselves & not let it show..dont know if its a good thing..but doesnt promote violence at least
          The Japanese are very good at that. They appear to be calm and respectful but as far as they are concerned everyone else is trash....

In the case of Indians, I have observed that as far as people can speak rudimentary Hindi, its cool all the way. My Department has around 20 Indian students from West Bengal, UP,Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala,Adhra pradesh and Tamil Nadu. All of us can speak rudimentary Hindi and so we are cool. Infact a Kashmiri Pandit shares his hostel room with a Tamil Muslim. Howszat for National Integration

I can't speak for the pakistanis. But judging from their obsession at having an "Aryan" ancestry and that they are superior to others because they are tall and blue eyed, I guess they are pretty racist....
          Seek Save Serve Medic

Comment

says the guy from the country where people are punished for thier ancestry,i'm reffering to dailts in case your wondering which people i'm talking about.

yeah dalits count as people.

Comment

Hey man in your own hometown try going to Greenwood park mall and if a black so much so as walks he'd be literally chased out by the whites. The southsides filled with KKK.

Any ethnic group can have racist people, but so far from numerical experience I've seen the most racist attitudes amongst country side American whites and Arabs.

Blacks say the most racist things themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786
                says the guy from the country where people are punished for thier ancestry,i'm reffering to dailts in case your wondering which people i'm talking about.

Oh STFU

U r even worse then those sisy's who keep moaning abt Brahmins etc

Didn't I tell u last time, I am from the Highest Hindu Class which just happens 2 be two levels above Brahmins.

Do U ever see me talking abt Castes???

So unless u know what u r talking abt its better to keep your gob out.

Secondly u should do some reading, Class system is increasingly becoming irrelevant in urban India. 40% of Indians now live in Urban India.

But then what does this Bhin-Dian KNow

Comment

Originally posted by platinum786

plat....we can also refer a shia hating a sunni muslim on the same token here...but thats beside the point!! I really dont understand your obsession with 'dalits' but i think you may wanna visit India once..things are really starting to change esp with the new generation.

i'll have to say that in rural parts of india, things have yet to change, but thats the case in majority of the countries including pakistan, is it not?

hell, here in Indiana, where I live, if you go out to a small town, where its Predominantly 'red neck' ppl, they discriminate and give dirty looks/dont touch anyone who's not "white" and still have KKK rallies and all that b.s..NO JOKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                    Hey man in your own hometown try going to Greenwood park mall and if a black so much so as walks he'd be literally chased out by the whites. The southsides filled with KKK.

Any ethnic group can have racist people, but so far from numerical experience I've seen the most racist attitudes amongst country side American whites and Arabs.

Blacks say the most racist things themselves.
                    lol..i just posted that comment before reading yours..i was referring to the same place..lolll

Comment

Originally posted by 667medic
                      The Japanese are very good at that. They appear to be calm and respectful but as far as they are concerned everyone else is trash....

In the case of Indians, I have observed that as far as people can speak rudimentary Hindi, its cool all the way. My Department has around 20 Indian students from West Bengal, UP,Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala,Adhra pradesh and Tamil Nadu. All of us can speak rudimentary Hindi and so we are cool. Infact a Kashmiri Pandit shares his hostel room with a Tamil Muslim. Howszat for National Integration

I can't speak for the pakistanis. But judging from their obsession at having an "Aryan" ancestry and that they are superior to others because they are tall and blue eyed, I guess they are pretty racist....
                      I wouldnt point out just japanese ppl..but yeah, you're right!!
                      what's rudimentry hindi?

Comment

I wouldnt point out just japanese ppl..but yeah, you're right!!
                        what's rudimentry hindi?
                        Basic Grasp of Hindi

Comment

I can't believe that Asians are racist in any way. If at all they have their apprehensions is due to media miscoverage which often shows black people in bad light. I've met some African American guys in TS Chanakya academy in New Mumbai and they tend to get along very well with Indians.
                          If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Comment

I believe its in education & in streotyping people of other race like mongoloid, etc.
                            Hala Madrid!!

Comment

In America, women are racist too :D

Was just discussing with someone how all of them are falling for the black guys. Even if you ignore the popular myth of them having a large penile size, blacks usually spend a lot more on their girls than white men. Sometimes they're in it just for the drugs too.

It might seem generalized, so yes there are exceptions to this too.

Comment

Working...
                              X