Entire army on my side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire army on my side

Monday, April 24, 2006 E-Mail this article to a friend Printer Friendly Version

Entire army on my side

* Musharraf laments previous govts ignored country’s culture
    * Says he should be remembered for saving Pakistan from bankruptcy
    * ‘Restoring democracy’ is his biggest achievement

ISLAMABAD: President General Pervez Musharraf said on Sunday that every soldier in the Pakistan Army “was on his side”, because he had always been “physically” present with them during danger and adversary.

“My friends and colleagues are close to me because of my sincerity and soft-hearted attitude,” he said while talking to Pakistan Television. He also expressed his desire to be remembered as the saviour of Pakistan, as a man who brought back his nation from imminent economic collapse.

The president lamented that previous governments had not paid attention to the country’s rich culture. The Pakistan Academy of Performing Arts has been set up to promote a soft image of the country to the world, he said. “Promoting culture, music and tourism is necessary for the country to develop a favourable image abroad,” he added.

Musharraf said that an army man had the ability to mould himself according to the atmosphere he was facing. “My knowledge is not confined to weapons and I must be remembered for saving and protecting my country from economic bankruptcy,” he said. However, restoring democracy in Pakistan is my biggest achievement, he added.

When I came to power in 1999, the country was on the verge of bankruptcy and I determined the direction it should take, said the president. He referred to the country’s mounting foreign debts, low income and abysmal forex reserves at the time of assuming responsibilities of government in 1999, saying he felt disheartened at the state of affairs.

“The government managed to bring a turnaround and now Pakistan enjoys a a complete reversal in fortune. The country has everything the minds, potential and resources to progress and prosper,” he said. Putting the right people to head of state-owned companies such as Steel Mills and Pakistan National Shipping Corporation has paid dividends, he added.

Pakistan has been graced with an abundance of resources, but lacks the proper law and order situation to utilise its resources, said the president. Pakistanis have to overcome the dishonesty and corruption, he said. The country is on the path of economic growth and several developmental projects are under progress, he added. “The nation’s development is highly dependent upon a vibrant economy.”

The president said the Supreme Court of Pakistan had given him three years, and it was enough time to resolve all pending issues facing the country. “But, I am sorry that I had to do away with the National Finance Award concurrent list, restructure the civil services and the government,” he added. Online
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...4-4-2006_pg1_1
    Doesn't really matter if the Army is on his side or not.

It will do him most sufficiently if George Bush is on his side!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Entire army + Asim Aquil.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
      Entire army + Asim Aquil.
      + Neo

Comment

- Lahori.

+ - Bush

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Lahori will warm up to it!

Bush or as Omar Sharif called him "George Jhaari" bhaar main gaya.

Comment

+platinum786

who the f**k else does anyone need!..........lol

Comment

No jinns to support Mushy?
              A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                - Lahori.

+ - Bush
                Thanks but I feel i can speak for myself.
                Nisaar main teri galiyon pe aaye watan, ke jahan
                Chali hai rasm keh koi na sar utha keh chaley

Comment

Originally posted by lahori Paa jee
                  Thanks but I feel i can speak for myself.

Then speak.

The podium is yours!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                  X